PDA

View Full Version : Mugabe and the White African (Excellent Documentary)

Bastiat's The Law
12-24-2012, 12:10 PM
Thought I would post this one for you guys and get your take on it. I think it's an excellent film, but the story isn't very well-known.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajPJ9OD7OfQ

BAllen
12-24-2012, 12:17 PM
Even the natives were better off under British rule.
It's becoming another Haiti. Wash, rinse, repeat.

samforpaul
12-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Thought I would post this one for you guys and get your take on it. I think it's an excellent film, but the story isn't very well-known.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajPJ9OD7OfQ

Thanks for sharing, BTL. I was aware of this transgression, but had never seen the documentary. Very sad what has taken place over there.

For those that don't have time for the whole thing I'd encourage one to watch a few mins. beginning at the 34 minute mark to get a powerful snippet.

Bastiat's The Law
12-26-2012, 07:29 PM
The film details the fall of Zimbabwe after Mugabe ran roughshod over the population and displaced the productive members of society and literally handed over their farms and businesses to his cronies. On display is a Communist power grab at its finest.

Confederate
12-26-2012, 07:31 PM
I know a few Rhodesians who had to leave their farms because it just became too dangerous to be a white family there.

Keith and stuff
12-26-2012, 08:51 PM
I know a few Rhodesians who had to leave their farms because it just became too dangerous to be a white family there.

Pale skinned people have likely left all of the African countries out of fear for there lives. Even the Predident of the Free State project left South Africa.

The worst part about the documentary is the ending. Then I went to Wikipedia and found out that Mike may have even died from his injuries. I wasn't treated anywhere near that bad and left Tennessee, partly because of political persecution.

samforpaul
12-26-2012, 09:03 PM

Could you tell us more?
Were they able to sell the farm and get any money at all?
Thanks.

Confederate
12-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Could you tell us more?
Were they able to sell the farm and get any money at all?
Thanks.

One family was able to sell their farm, but that was about 18 or so years ago.

The other left 6 or 7 years ago. Packed up everything they could and left. There's no one who will buy these farms, they're no longer productive, it's extremely dangerous to be a farmer (especially if you're white) and most farms are at risk of being expropriated by the government.

Zimbabwe used to be an exporter of grains, now it can't even produce enough to feed itself.

Bastiat's The Law
12-26-2012, 09:31 PM
One family was able to sell their farm, but that was about 18 or so years ago.

The other left 6 or 7 years ago. Packed up everything they could and left. There's no one who will buy these farms, they're no longer productive, it's extremely dangerous to be a farmer (especially if you're white) and most farms are at risk of being expropriated by the government.

Zimbabwe used to be an exporter of grains, now it can't even produce enough to feed itself.
That's what happens when you take from the productive people in society and give it to the unproductive people. This should be a case study for Communism.

itshappening
12-27-2012, 01:48 AM
They have managed to turn a once - relative to other African countries and a shining light - prosperous country into an absolute basket case.

Even under Ian Smith's white minority government and Unilateral Independence with all the sanctions that it brought it was never as bad as it is now. Corruption and political terror is rampant and there are no signs of a productive economy.

They got what they wanted. Smith fought against it for as long he could because he could see what would happen to the country of his birth.

Antischism
12-27-2012, 01:51 AM
"I am still the Hitler of the time. This Hitler has only one objective, justice for his own people, sovereignty for his people, recognition of the independence of his people, and their right to their resources. If that is Hitler, then let me be a Hitler tenfold." - Robert Mugabe

He's a race-baiting dictator who distributed land from rich whites to give to rich blacks, and left scraps for the poor to keep them complacent. We're talking about small plots of unproductive land in the least profitable areas, too. I guess he figured they wouldn't notice it wasn't even being distributed fairly. Can't say he's a "good" Maoist.

Bastiat's The Law
12-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Are there any good Maoists?

Confederate
12-28-2012, 01:17 PM
Are there any good Maoists?

Maybe there were, but Mao killed them all.

osan
12-28-2012, 03:14 PM

About 20 years ago I'd considered buying a 500K acre game ranch in Tanzania but passed because of State Department assessments of safety. The deal seemed too good to be true. Sho'nuff.

KingRobbStark
12-28-2012, 03:27 PM
About 20 years ago I'd considered buying a 500K acre game ranch in Tanzania but passed because of State Department assessments of safety. The deal seemed too good to be true. Sho'nuff.

In an uprising the first to suffer are the minority. It's a good thing you passed on the offer.