PDA

View Full Version : Lets face it Ron Paulians, we need a National ID card for the USA

Teflon Master
11-21-2007, 11:47 AM
If not, how else will I be able to commit massive identity theft?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7103566.stm

What was that pesky sissy liberal, I think his name was Ben Franklin. He said "if you sacrifice liberty for secruity you lose both". I guess those leftwing treehugger Founding Fathers are right again.

apc3161
11-21-2007, 12:05 PM
But if we didn't have national ID cards, how is the federal government going to keep track of us and keep us safe from those freedom-hating terrorists?

Once we get these national ID's cards it should be law that we must have them on hand 24/7 else we go to jail until we can prove we are innocent and that we are Americans.

Yep, that national ID card sounds like a great idea.

/sarcasm

On a tangent though, has anyone noticed that social security is becoming more and more like this? It's annoying. Everywhere you go, they ask you for your social. It's really starting to annoy me.

ConstitutionGal
11-21-2007, 12:18 PM
On a tangent though, has anyone noticed that social security is becoming more and more like this? It's annoying. Everywhere you go, they ask you for your social. It's really starting to annoy me.

Just because they ask doesn't mean you have to give it to them. We didn't even give our social security numbers to our health insurance company - only my husband's because it's through his employer. It took a bit of work but we made them assign numbers to me and our children. You can do the same thing at doctor's office, etc. Don't let them tell you that they HAVE to have it. OTH, some places/businesses can and will deny you service should you refuse to hand it over (credit card companies, mortgage companies, etc.) Of course, not handing it over is a bit easier if you are still lucky enough to have one of the older SS cards that says "not to be used for identification" right on the card ;-)

fcofer
11-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Guys -- stop it -- seriously. :)

I know that this sort of satire is very funny to we long-time supporters, but look at the number of posts showing up from people who actually believe that certain other candidates' forums are legitimate.

Intelligent lurkers will read these posts and be fooled into thinking that Ron Paul supports a National ID card. I know it sounds crazy, but it's true.

CurtisLow
11-21-2007, 12:59 PM
Guys -- stop it -- seriously. :)

I know that this sort of satire is very funny to we long-time supporters, but look at the number of posts showing up from people who actually believe that certain other candidates' forums are legitimate.

Intelligent lurkers will read these posts and be fooled into thinking that Ron Paul supports a National ID card. I know it sounds crazy, but it's true.

right on!

Mr. Coolidge
11-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Just because they ask doesn't mean you have to give it to them. We didn't even give our social security numbers to our health insurance company - only my husband's because it's through his employer. It took a bit of work but we made them assign numbers to me and our children. You can do the same thing at doctor's office, etc. Don't let them tell you that they HAVE to have it. OTH, some places/businesses can and will deny you service should you refuse to hand it over (credit card companies, mortgage companies, etc.) Of course, not handing it over is a bit easier if you are still lucky enough to have one of the older SS cards that says "not to be used for identification" right on the card ;-)
Thanks! I didn't know that; I'm just a college kid, so the ways of the world are still new to me. So, businesses instead can just issue you basically a private access code that you have to give when checking something? I figured that they could do that instead of SS# and it would work just as well.

apropos
11-21-2007, 02:05 PM
I don't have the nerve to joke about this national ID card. The technology behind these smart cards is pretty nuts, especially the ones with wireless transmitters.

http://www.smartcardalliance.org/resources/images/realid_clip_image002.jpg

JosephTheLibertarian
11-21-2007, 08:26 PM
If not, how else will I be able to commit massive identity theft?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7103566.stm

What was that pesky sissy liberal, I think his name was Ben Franklin. He said "if you sacrifice liberty for secruity you lose both". I guess those leftwing treehugger Founding Fathers are right again.

Disagreed.