PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee tries a "money bomb"

vertesc
11-21-2007, 11:42 AM
http://www.mikehuckabeeforum.com/index.php?topic=76.msg714#msg714

Well, at least they raised $95,000. That's almost 3% of Ron's Money Bomb.

BOOYA!

mport1
11-21-2007, 11:43 AM
O well, still can't figure out why the $1 million dollar man is polling so high.

european
11-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
Apache/1.3.39 Server at ....mikehuckabeeforum.... Port 80

LMAO :D

dsentell
11-21-2007, 11:53 AM
I can't see what their forum is saying, but I was following the race at the close last night. By all indications it appeared that Huck raised approximately $225,000 and that RP ended the day with $250,000.

Let's enjoy our victories, but not be so quick to bash the Huckabee supporters. Here is what a couple said on their forum about us last night:

“This was totally off the cuff for them - Im sure of it. They have a tremendous grassroots infrastructure. It almost cant be called grass roots. They are growing trees in some areas. They got it in their minds to ‘beat us’ and then executed it.”

“We need to be able to support our candidate the way the Paulians support him.”

allyinoh
11-21-2007, 11:55 AM
You have to admit though, wow, we are awesome! They planned that for weeks and we did it in hours!

I love all you people! :D

Daveforliberty
11-21-2007, 11:56 AM
No, no, it was a great victory. Just ask Faux News: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312366,00.html

They make a big deal about Huck going over $1M for the month, and cast a dismissive at RP's $4.3M DAY.

We may go over $9M for the quarter today. Do you think Faux News will report it?

Faux News: We Distort. Bush Decides.

Adamsa
11-21-2007, 11:56 AM
I'd be open to converting them to us. Once you go Paul, you don't go back.

dsentell
11-21-2007, 11:59 AM
I'd be open to converting them to us. Once you go Paul, you don't go back.

Exactly right! So while we may bash the Huckster:D, let's give his supporters the credit they deserve, like many of them do us.

peruvianRP
11-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Opertaion: "Lets convert the Huck fans"

Johncjackson
11-21-2007, 12:01 PM
Huckabee's MSM support and endorsements from high profile celebrities like Ric Flair is worth a lot more than a million bucks.

dsentell
11-21-2007, 12:02 PM
No, no, it was a great victory. Just ask Faux News: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312366,00.html

They make a big deal about Huck going over $1M for the month, and cast a dismissive at RP's $4.3M DAY.

We may go over $9M for the quarter today. Do you think Faux News will report it?

Faux News: We Distort. Bush Decides.

Absolute sickening isn't it. According to Faux, just about any candidate does great except for RP.

davidkachel
11-21-2007, 12:02 PM
At some point we will need Huckabee's supporters. So be KIND and gracious.

Grandson of Liberty
11-21-2007, 12:04 PM
At some point we will need Huckabee's supporters. So be KIND and gracious.

indeed.

jgmaynard
11-21-2007, 12:05 PM
"It almost cant be called grass roots. They are growing trees in some areas."

LMAO!!! :D

JM

pacelli
11-21-2007, 12:09 PM
I think the Huckabee supporters are good people, just like many of us. After all, we are all hopefully members of the republican party by now to make our votes count for the nomination. I'm just hoping that Dr. Paul gets as much attention as Huckabee in the upcoming 11/28 YouTube/CNN debate.

Adamsa
11-21-2007, 12:10 PM
I think the Huckabee supporters are good people, just like many of us. After all, we are all hopefully members of the republican party by now to make our votes count for the nomination. I'm just hoping that Dr. Paul gets as much attention as Huckabee in the upcoming 11/28 YouTube/CNN debate.

CNN + YouTube = Ron Paul love

ronpaulitician
11-21-2007, 12:16 PM
O well, still can't figure out why the $1 million dollar man is polling so high.
My thoughts exactly.

We may have won the money bomb battle, but they have (for now) won the Iowa polling data battle.

integrity
11-21-2007, 12:22 PM
the polls are biased.... Huckys a CFR inititate. hucks graph line was very jerky, unlike RP's which was smooth. Do you think Hucks donations were larger and fewer?

zcopley
11-21-2007, 12:25 PM
First of all, is that http://www.mikehuckabeeforum.com/ forum for real? If so, I'm terrified of Huckabee's supporters. Seriously, is that site satire, or is it run by real Huckabee supporters?

Secondly, I gave $25 to RP yesterday to help outdo Huckabee's money bomb, but today I'm really disappointed to see that Ron Paul is polling at only %6 in Iowa. Huckabee is at 24% (second place after Romney). Why is Huckabee doing so well against Paul in Iowa?

http://tinyurl.com/33nfaf

dircha
11-21-2007, 12:44 PM
First of all, is that http://www.mikehuckabeeforum.com/ forum for real? If so, I'm terrified of Huckabee's supporters. Seriously, is that site satire, or is it run by real Huckabee supporters?

Secondly, I gave $25 to RP yesterday to help outdo Huckabee's money bomb, but today I'm really disappointed to see that Ron Paul is polling at only %6 in Iowa. Huckabee is at 24% (second place after Romney). Why is Huckabee doing so well against Paul in Iowa?

http://tinyurl.com/33nfaf

Well, they certainly seem to be real. I can't imagine anyone spending that much time posting on a message board if they didn't strongly support their candidate. Mike Huckabees daughter actually posts there. Obviously it attracts a younger audience, but they seem committed.

Paul is not polling well in Iowa in part because he still does not have strong name recognition there. That is what the campaign is trying to change with the intensive ad campaign they will be running between now and the end of the quarter.

Huckabee is receiving support in Iowa primarily through word of mouth among religious conservatives. Huckabee is a former pastor and has a familiar cadence and tone that religious conservative voters can strongly identify with. Also, polls indicate that religious conservatives in Iowa strongly support the war in Iraq and strongly support an interventionist foreign policy.

Santana28
11-21-2007, 12:58 PM
I was at the Iowa Straw Poll and both Huckabee and Brownback had considerable support (combined, it was still less than RP's support however). If we hadn't have been there then Huck's support would have been the most enthusiastic overall. Most of the people looked very very tight knit, as if they all knew each other (family, or church).

When we broke out singing the Star Spangled Banner only Huck's people (i think, might have been Bornwback's) joined in and sang with us. The others just kind of looked at us like we were crazy.

Anyhow, seeing as how both groups already had a strong Iowa base, and now that Brownback has dropped out - Huck has probably gained their support... hence, virtually doubling his Iowa support.

But the fact remains - Huck very well may win Iowa. Who cares. There are 49 other states to win and Ron is going to take a lot of them because his nationwide support is authentic, not media-fabricated. Huck's people just can't admit that to themselves just yet.

zcopley
11-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Well, they certainly seem to be real. I can't imagine anyone spending that much time posting on a message board if they didn't strongly support their candidate. Mike Huckabees daughter actually posts there. Obviously it attracts a younger audience, but they seem committed.

I saw the post from Huckabee's daughter asking the moderator to ban the Ron Paul supporter, but I am suspicious that was just a put on, too. If those are real Huckabee supporters, then... good grief!!!!

Paul is not polling well in Iowa in part because he still does not have strong name recognition there. That is what the campaign is trying to change with the intensive ad campaign they will be running between now and the end of the quarter.

Huckabee is receiving support in Iowa primarily through word of mouth among religious conservatives. Huckabee is a former pastor and has a familiar cadence and tone that religious conservative voters can strongly identify with. Also, polls indicate that religious conservatives in Iowa strongly support the war in Iraq and strongly support an interventionist foreign policy.

My wife's family lives in Iowa. We visit every Christmas. For some reason I never realized how many religious conservatives there are in Iowa.