PDA

View Full Version : Obama's gun commission a method to PREVENT new gun control?

cbrons
12-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Quote:

The president’s decision to appoint a blue-ribbon panel — the classic Washington ploy to defuse and delay consideration of an issue — along with Reid’s inaction on the gun question will undoubtedly frustrate many in their party who want immediate action.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-reid-slam-brakes-on-gun-control/article/2516406?utm_campaign=obinsite#.UNehxHfNl8E

What do the politicos on here think of this analysis?

Zippyjuan
12-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Based on what I have heard him say so far he seems to be indicating that he is not in favor of gun control. The only proposal I have heard him mention was tighter checks for people buying at gun shows. He has avoided making comments in favor of the automatic weapons ban idea. When he was first elected people were panicked that Obama was going to "take away their guns" and he has not. Does't seem like he will now either.

BAllen
12-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Based on what I have heard him say so far he seems to be indicating that he is not in favor of gun control. The only proposal I have heard him mention was tighter checks for people buying at gun shows. He has avoided making comments in favor of the automatic weapons ban idea. When he was first elected people were panicked that Obama was going to "take away their guns" and he has not. Does't seem like he will now either.

Could be he's been bribed by the gun mfrs. Lot of money in gun sales.

FSP-Rebel
12-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Maybe he doesn't want a figurative bloodbath in the midterms and Reid doesn't want to lose the Senate?

tony m
12-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Maybe he doesn't want a figurative bloodbath in the midterms and Reid doesn't want to lose the Senate?

Onto something here.

supermario21
12-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Most of the Democrats that are up this coming cycle are in very pro-gun states. Making this an issue could be as devastating to Obama as it would be Sens. Begich, Baucus, Hagan, Pryor, Landrieu, Rockefeller, Udall, and Warner. It also could discourage a few of those (likely Warner and Rockefeller) from running.

ninepointfive
12-23-2012, 07:16 PM
doubtful

cbrons
12-23-2012, 07:41 PM
Most of the Democrats that are up this coming cycle are in very pro-gun states. Making this an issue could be as devastating to Obama as it would be Sens. Begich, Baucus, Hagan, Pryor, Landrieu, Rockefeller, Udall, and Warner. It also could discourage a few of those (likely Warner and Rockefeller) from running.

Excellent thoughts, thank you. So you agree that this commission is more than likely a ploy to punt the issue?

Speaking of Senator Warner (D-VA), did you hear him immediately after the CT massacre? He seemed ready to roll over on lawful gun owners.

TomtheTinker
12-23-2012, 08:32 PM
I hope he goes after guns...reason is if he does I believe millions will be awoken. Our country is already gone it would be nice of a few more million realized it.

BAllen
12-23-2012, 09:17 PM
I hope he goes after guns...reason is if he does I believe millions will be awoken. Our country is already gone it would be nice of a few more million realized it.

The ole 'worse is better' theory? No thanks! You want worse? Put a sign in your yard that says gun free zone, then turn in all your weapons. You'll get it!
Also, it doesn't work with a commie government. Look at China. Or Britain, Germany, or S. Africa. Worse has not improved anything in that regard. Now worse for the enemy is better for us, I agree. Like that protestor who got a faceful of pepper spray. Or have that anchorman in D.C. arrested for violating gun laws. That's a worse that would be better, since it wouldn't infringe on OUR rights. Only the ones who think they want more government. Law enforcement targeting these people, not us, would work. We already know more government is not that answer. They don't yet. Why should we suffer for their stupidity?

cbrons
12-27-2012, 01:27 PM
\
one can only hope he wants to railroad through other police state initiatives. To me, the gun issue is a bridge too far for Skeletor (Diane Fine-Swine) and the Demo-Craps.

Acala
12-27-2012, 02:05 PM

this is what I think. Also Reid is an A+ on gun issues.

Neil Desmond
12-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Maybe it's just as simple as this: they pay attention to statistics & use logic, and realize that nothing good comes out of firearm restrictions and bans.

Acala
12-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Maybe it's just as simple as this: they pay attention to statistics & use logic, and realize that nothing good comes out of firearm restrictions and bans.

Hahahahahahahahahaha! Oh man. Almost pissed myself.

AFPVet
12-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Firearm legislation never works. What does work are firearms in the hands of lawful citizens. These 'gun free zones' are welcome signs to psychopaths. Someone brought up a great idea... arm maintenance staff in addition to principals. Some people were afraid of having teachers armed, but other countries haven't had problems with it.

This is such a predominately liberal country.