PDA

View Full Version : The Complete Anti-Federalist

Anti Federalist
12-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Looking for a book collection for that liberty person that has everything?

Very last minute gift idea?

And got $430 laying around?

The Complete Anti-Federalist

http://www.amazon.com/The-Complete-Anti-Federalist-Set-7/dp/0226775739

This resource of anti-federalist documents is about as complete as one can find. It includes every publication I have ever been aware of that is attributed to the anti-federalists' arguments against the federalists' arguments for constitutional ratification.

For law school (which is why I made this purchase), this will be an excellent companion to constitutional law. Enabling the reader to discover originalism arguments supporting or undermining various theories is a quality unsurpassed away from this book on this subject.

For the political scientist, historian, or philosopher, this opens questions to be answered and arguments to be considered against "The Federalist" and constitutional convention documents.

Even for the casual observer - this 7 volume, 3 book set is an excellent publication to peruse through. Those politically inclined and interested in bolstering their reasoning and arguments or those who attempt to undermine the former will find this book intellectually stimulating.

It is more comprehensive and historical than the Signet Classic's book of a similar name, and "American Democracy" by Eksterowicz which I read on this subject in political science studies.

I hope that these theories and arguments are as enjoyed by others as they were for me.

Anti Federalist
12-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Their menacing cry is for a RIGID government, it matters little to them of what kind, provided it answers THAT description. As the plan now offered comes something near their wishes, and is the most consonant to their views of any they can hope for, they come boldly forward and DEMAND its adoption.

Origanalist
12-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Or for those of us on a "slightly" smaller budget..:(, http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Anti-Federalist-An-Abridgment-of-The-Complete-Anti-Federalist-by-/290833804830?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item43b70bae1e

heavenlyboy34
12-23-2012, 04:27 PM
If any of you have an extra set you don't need, I'll take it off your hands. :)

erowe1
12-23-2012, 04:31 PM
For law school (which is why I made this purchase), this will be an excellent companion to constitutional law.

I expect that it would be a valuable resource for some people. But people studying constitutional law in law school would have no use for them, or the Federalist Papers, or the Constitution.