PDA

View Full Version : Paul Ryan to replace Boehner?

Matt Collins
12-23-2012, 09:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxhHxWtkGAY&feature=youtu.be

itshappening
12-23-2012, 09:32 AM
That would be a big mistake. I think i'd support Jim Jordan as someone who can unite people and be effective.

sailingaway
12-23-2012, 10:17 AM
No difference. Ryan and Boehner both approved the score card. Ryan voted for TARP and every other 'leadership' piece of quackery from NDAA to YouNameIt.

pochy1776
12-23-2012, 10:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=zgsDV2mDtAc&feature=endscreen

pcosmar
12-23-2012, 10:56 AM
No difference.

That was my thought.
A toss up between,, Rearranging the Deck Chairs and doing something just to be doing something.(even if it is wrong)

Business as usual.

Can you imagine these dumb fucks if it was Romney up there proposing more gun control.
It would have been signed by Friday.
:(

Kotin
12-23-2012, 11:32 AM
Ryan is worse. This motherfucker has the nerve to talk about "sound money" and parrot Ron Paul while having an inexcusable voting record.. Boner at least doesn't try to hide the fact that he's an establishment shill.. Further, Ryan deserves to lose his seat over the last election, not gain a speakership. Fake conservatives who are out in front like Ryan must go.

sparebulb
12-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Ryan or Boner:

Out of the toilet and into the septic tank.

supermario21
12-23-2012, 11:54 AM
To be honest, if the poster child for conservatism is a guy who wrote a budget that took 28 years to be balanced and voted for TARP bailouts, then the movement needs some serious retooling...Then again, if this is the case, Rand can eat him and Rubio up in a primary for exposing them.

mz10
12-23-2012, 12:02 PM
I don't want this to happen at all. Ryan may be marginally better than Boehner, but this would kill the anti-establishment sentiment that has been so strong among Republicans. One insignificant leadership switch does nothing; I want these people to get primaried in 2 years.

AGRP
12-23-2012, 12:02 PM
One boehner for another.

compromise
12-23-2012, 12:31 PM
Ryan is a joke. Jordan or Price would both make far better Speakers than Ryan. But the MSM will keep portraying Ryan as ultra-conservative even though his record was atrocious, and the GOP base will keep buying it.

FreedomWorks poll for the next Speaker where Ryan wins:
http://connect.freedomworks.org/node/327472?page=0%2C0%2C0%2C3

Brian4Liberty
12-23-2012, 12:58 PM
The ignorant masses incorrectly think that Ryan is fiscally conservative.

Aratus
12-23-2012, 01:38 PM
paul ryan & barack obama cutting a deal might translate into less of a revolt on the GOP right.
speaker boehner is sorta like mitt romney, his understanding of conservatism is newly arrived at.
any deal from paul ryan would sound more solid than one from the good speaker. deep down it
is a loyal opposition question and begs a 2016 GOP gameplan for winning back the whitehouse.

beaven
12-23-2012, 01:54 PM
Let's not place the cart before the horse. First get rid of Bohner -- he is HORRIBLE -- then focus on his replacement. Even if we end up with someone equally as bad, they will know that they cannot step to far out of line without facing the same end.

Kotin
12-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Let's not place the cart before the horse. First get rid of Bohner -- he is HORRIBLE -- then focus on his replacement. Even if we end up with someone equally as bad, they will know that they cannot step to far out of line without facing the same end.

a fair point.

pcosmar
12-23-2012, 01:59 PM
, they will know that they cannot step to far out of line without facing the same end.

What? Years of guaranteed income as a consultant or speaking tours?
Perhaps a cushy job in a corporate sponsors firm?
Maybe a network job as a talking head?

yeah,,real scary.

:rolleyes:

Matt Collins
12-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Ryan or Boner:

Out of the toilet and into the septic tank.An appropriate place for "a turd sandwich... without the bread" :D

coastie
12-23-2012, 05:57 PM
What? Years of guaranteed income as a consultant or speaking tours?
Perhaps a cushy job in a corporate sponsors firm?
Maybe a network job as a talking head?

yeah,,real scary.

:rolleyes:

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to pcosmar again.

anaconda
12-23-2012, 06:37 PM
No difference. Ryan and Boehner both approved the score card. Ryan voted for TARP and every other 'leadership' piece of quackery from NDAA to YouNameIt.

^This. On the other hand, isn't any replacement going to be more of the same?

anaconda
12-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Ryan is a joke.

But his austere and maverick budget balances in just 28 years!

sailingaway
12-23-2012, 07:06 PM
But his austere and maverick budget balances in just 28 years!

Only if you accept its assumptions.

But yes, any will be the same. But since Ryan approved the purge he won't reinstate our members and I think the new leader should do that.

WarAnonymous
12-23-2012, 11:19 PM
That would be a big mistake. I think i'd support Jim Jordan as someone who can unite people and be effective.

Seriously? CISPA voting, NDAA voting, Patriot/FISA Act voting Jim Jordan? I am not sure how people love this guy so much and I am not sure why the Republican Liberty Caucus sent out emails claiming it was a "victory" that he won. I guess this movement really is going to turn into just a republican party pushing agenda.

Keith and stuff
12-23-2012, 11:29 PM
Seriously? CISPA voting, NDAA voting, Patriot/FISA Act voting Jim Jordan? I am not sure how people love this guy so much and I am not sure why the Republican Liberty Caucus sent out emails claiming it was a "victory" that he won. I guess this movement really is going to turn into just a republican party pushing agenda.

I don't follow the national RLC much. In NH, the RLCNH deals almost exclusively with fiscal issues.

WarAnonymous
12-23-2012, 11:52 PM
I don't follow the national RLC much. In NH, the RLCNH deals almost exclusively with fiscal issues.

Yeah I was just disapointed to see that him winning was a "victory" is all.

brandon
12-24-2012, 12:03 AM
I definitely don't support Ryan, but I'm in the anyone but boehner camp. Boehner needs to get the boot for stripping the committee assignments from his members. I think we all know the next speaker is going to be an establishment guy...the libertarian wing doesn't have even near the votes to compete. Let's just be happy to see boner get what's coming to him.

osan
12-24-2012, 12:06 AM
Ryan or Boner:

Out of the toilet and into the septic tank.

Ryan can suck a 10 inch boehner.

RP Supporter
12-24-2012, 12:17 AM
I'm not sure Ryan would run. Boehner waived the term limits to allow Ryan to keep his job on one of the committees. That said, if the establishment gave him their approval, he could. I suspect it would be in an attempt to trick the grassroots into thinking the house leadership is suddenly conservative. Ryan gets in and uses his star power to pass the same essential "compromise" Boehner wants to. Meanwhile, Boehner resigns and gets some lucrative lobbying job.

Might be what happens. Ryan would want to be a bigger star then some random congressman for when he runs next time. Being speaker would do that.

itshappening
12-24-2012, 01:47 AM

I dont think I love him. Nearly every member of congress is bad. there is literally 2-3 people who voted against all that stuff and they're not going to be leader so you work with what you can get

WarAnonymous
12-24-2012, 02:07 AM
I dont think I love him. Nearly every member of congress is bad. there is literally 2-3 people who voted against all that stuff and they're not going to be leader so you work with what you can get

I wasn't picking on you, I just shutter at that guys name being mentioned, he's terrible. And your right I can think of a few that voted against all of those besides Ron Paul and their all democrats.

Dennis Kucinich (D)
Marcia Fudge (D)
Tim Ryan (D)

compromise
12-24-2012, 06:42 AM

Jordan is a nice guy. He listens to everyone well. Massie said he's the friendliest guy he's met so far. He has good qualities that would make him a great Speaker. He's also very electable compared to someone like Amash.

I wasn't picking on you, I just shutter at that guys name being mentioned, he's terrible. And your right I can think of a few that voted against all of those besides Ron Paul and their all democrats.

Dennis Kucinich (D)
Marcia Fudge (D)
Tim Ryan (D)

But those guys are far-left on fiscal policy and strong proponents of gun control, which for many people are the most important issues, especially at a time like this. They are also un-electable, given the House has a Republican majority.