PDA

View Full Version : Tucker deliberately trying to undermine the campaign

Question_Authority
11-21-2007, 11:35 AM
I know many of you will heartily disagree with this, but here is the way I see it.

As you know, over the last couple of months Tucker has gone out of his way to bash Ron Paul on his show (and on Bill Maher) and has allowed Paul to be bashed on his show by other guests, while at the same time being supportive of Paul when face to face with him.

He has also been questioning the level of knowledge RP supporters have about his policies. ("I don't think they know what he really stands for...like he is going to throw the Dept of Ed into the Potomac!"

He has also relished bringing up and sensationalizing off-the-wall supporters like Strippers for Ron Paul.

Now, he is embedded with the campaign to do "research" to write an article for the New Republic.

And what does he do? While in Nevada with the campaign, HE calls up a brothel owner, without the knowledge of the campaign, and invites him to arrive in a limo with hookers on each arm to a RON PAUL PRESS CONFERENCE!

#1. I think that it is COMPLETELY INAPPROPRIATE for an embedded journalist to alter the news by inviting ANYONE to the candidate's press conference.

#2. This appears to be another attempt by Tucker to undermine the campaign's validity. Let's face it folks, he was trying to create controversy. And he was doing it for selfish reasons so he will have something juicy to write about in his article.

HOW DARE HE? How dare he decide that the person who needed to show up at Paul's press conference was a pimp flanked by prostitutes?

He is literally now trying to turn the campaign into a circus. And using his privileged position as an embedded journalist to do so.

I know he has said he supports Paul but I think he is trying to insidiously undermine it somehow.

WTF? I am absolutely outraged by this.

I am writing a letter to Carlson, the New Republic as well as the campaign. If I were on the campaign I would be furious by this breach of trust.

I used to like Carlson, then I was puzzled by him. Now I am disgusted with his antics.

http://www.rgj.com/blogs/inside-nevada-politics/2007/11/ron-paul-earns-support-of-nevada.html

Cindy
11-21-2007, 11:37 AM
Tucker to me, is like the clumbsy kid, who when trying to impress his friends with his dads new gun, shoots himself in the foot.

integrity
11-21-2007, 11:39 AM
I agree. The Circus diversion tactic that the news is so good at.

don't look at the facts, look at the made up act.

it is disgusting, and Tucker is guilty in my eyes.

Sematary
11-21-2007, 11:39 AM
I know many of you will heartily disagree with this, but here is the way I see it.

As you know, over the last couple of months Tucker has gone out of his way to bash Ron Paul on his show (and on Bill Maher) and has allowed Paul to be bashed on his show by other guests, while at the same time being supportive of Paul when face to face with him.

He has also been questioning the level of knowledge RP supporters have about his policies. ("I don't think they know what he really stands for...like he is going to throw the Dept of Ed into the Potomac!"

He has also relished bringing up and sensationalizing off-the-wall supporters like Strippers for Ron Paul.

Now, he is embedded with the campaign to do "research" to write an article for the New Republic.

And what does he do? While in Nevada with the campaign, HE calls up a brothel owner, without the knowledge of the campaign, and invites him to arrive in a limo with hookers on each arm to a RON PAUL PRESS CONFERENCE!

#1. I think that it is COMPLETELY INAPPROPRIATE for an embedded journalist to alter the news by inviting ANYONE to the candidate's press conference.

#2. This appears to be another attempt by Tucker to undermine the campaign's validity. Let's face it folks, he was trying to create controversy. And he was doing it for selfish reasons so he will have something juicy to write about in his article.

HOW DARE HE? How dare he decide that the person who needed to show up at Paul's press conference was a pimp flanked by prostitutes?

He is literally now trying to turn the campaign into a circus. And using his privileged position as an embedded journalist to do so.

I know he has said he supports Paul but I think he is trying to insidiously undermine it somehow.

WTF? I am absolutely outraged by this.

I am writing a letter to Carlson, the New Republic as well as the campaign. If I were on the campaign I would be furious by this breach of trust.

I used to like Carlson, then I was puzzled by him. Now I am disgusted with his antics.

http://www.rgj.com/blogs/inside-nevada-politics/2007/11/ron-paul-earns-support-of-nevada.html

Controversy is GREAT! It gets press. :)

garrettwombat
11-21-2007, 11:40 AM
uhhh... why would he do that... i have an idea... lets all go outside on the streets where he works and pay 1000 10 dollar hookers to raid his office and take pictures...

then the news can write a story of tuckers 1000 dirty hookers party at work.

TVMH
11-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Lighten up, Francis. :rolleyes:

EvilEngineer
11-21-2007, 11:41 AM
uhhh... why would he do that... i have an idea... lets all go outside on the streets where he works and pay 1000 10 dollar hookers to raid his office and take pictures...

lol

Sematary
11-21-2007, 11:41 AM

lol
The younger crowd may not get that reference you old bastard. ;)

Ron Paul Fan
11-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Why can't Tucker and the Brothel Owner can't show up at a press conference? I haven't even heard about except on this forum so what damage has this done?

freedom_junkie
11-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Tucker just like to look in the mirror and hear himself speak! He's an arse.

FluffyUnbound
11-21-2007, 11:43 AM
I understand your concern, but since Paul favors the legalization of prostitution, you are essentially saying that Tucker is trying to embarrass the campaign by associating it with someone who isn't doing anything wrong.

In other words, the association with this guy is only an embarrassment if you don't agree with Paul's position on prostitution.

I don't think we should hide from any of Paul's pro-liberty positions. If Tucker invited someone whose house had been seized for growing marijuana, there are lots of church-lady types in the Republican party who wouldn't like that person - but that doesn't matter.

It sounds to me like Paul has positions you don't like, that you assume other people don't like, and that you think are better off being hidden - and you're mad at Tucker because his actions make that more difficult.

TVMH
11-21-2007, 11:44 AM
lol

:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTUruCv4Qi4

Energy
11-21-2007, 11:45 AM

pacelli
11-21-2007, 11:46 AM
I think Tucker's move will backfire when it comes to attracting more supporters for Dr. Paul. For instance, the initial press release indicated that Tucker considered Dennis Hof to be his friend for some time-- one wonders how this came to be.

Additionally there are a great number of Americans who believe that the world's oldest profession should be decriminalized.

Question_Authority
11-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Controversy is GREAT! It gets press. :)

This was manufactured controversy...BY the press. It is disgusting and Tucker has a new enemy in me.

Question_Authority
11-21-2007, 11:50 AM
Why can't Tucker and the Brothel Owner can't show up at a press conference? I haven't even heard about except on this forum so what damage has this done?

Oh you will be hearing about it on Tucker's show...then others will pick it up, and he will be writing about it in the New Republic article.

SgtBulldog
11-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Shocking how Tucker Carlson would stoop to the standards of the MSM! oh wait...

DealzOnWheelz
11-21-2007, 11:52 AM
If prostitution was de criminalized it would portect alot of women and reduce the risk of spreading disease.

Spirit of '76
11-21-2007, 11:55 AM

lol

That's quickly becoming a forum catch-phrase. :D

Nancy A
11-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Huffington Post has "Nevada Brothel Owner Pimps for Paul" on it's front page.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/

I thought it disturbing.

Question_Authority
11-21-2007, 11:58 AM
I understand your concern, but since Paul favors the legalization of prostitution, you are essentially saying that Tucker is trying to embarrass the campaign by associating it with someone who isn't doing anything wrong.

In other words, the association with this guy is only an embarrassment if you don't agree with Paul's position on prostitution.

I don't think we should hide from any of Paul's pro-liberty positions. If Tucker invited someone whose house had been seized for growing marijuana, there are lots of church-lady types in the Republican party who wouldn't like that person - but that doesn't matter.

It sounds to me like Paul has positions you don't like, that you assume other people don't like, and that you think are better off being hidden - and you're mad at Tucker because his actions make that more difficult.

Nope, you're wrong. I have always believed that prostitution should be legal. But I also know that

1. They are not highly regarded as respectable by society and it may not be wise to HIGHLIGHT them as supporters in a CONSERVATIVE PRESIDENTIAL campaign.

2. Tucker's intentions here were not to promote liberty or any such thing. It was a deliberate attempt to give a circus atmosphere to the press conference. This is a pattern with Tucker in regards to the RP campaign.

3. It is not as if the Bunny Ranch are victims that needed to be championed. They run a legal brothel.

And if Tucker had such pure intentions, why did he not ask the campaign for permission to call them?

This was a Ron Paul press conference. Tucker tried to hijack it. If Paul had invited the pimp, I would have been puzzled but not outraged. But Tucker, using his privilege as an embedded journalist stepped WAY OVER HIS BOUNDS and tried to MAKE NEWS that he KNOWS will be controversial.

All for article fodder.

Johncjackson
11-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Maybe this might actually help in Nevada?

I don't really know the political make-up, but I'm guessing with legal gambling and prostitution people might be less uptight there? At least compared to places in the deep South or wherever where a lot of consensual sex and private individual acts are illegal.

Question_Authority
11-21-2007, 12:00 PM

I thought it disturbing.

I am going to call the campaign and ask them to throw Tucker off the g*ddamn BUS.

me3
11-21-2007, 12:01 PM
Exactly. Everyone wants coverage, but only positive and non-controversial coverage. Seems to go against the notion of liberty to me.

Maybe this might actually help in Nevada?
No doubt. Working ladies vote too!

me3
11-21-2007, 12:02 PM
I am going to call the campaign and ask them to throw Tucker off the g*ddamn BUS.
Yeah, that will be real productive.

"Ron Paul campaign dumps embedded journalist."

Great headline. :rolleyes:

Adamsa
11-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Ha, Tucker is amazing.

Ron LOL
11-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Cue John Stewart on Crossfire.

Ron Paul Fan
11-21-2007, 12:05 PM
Oh you will be hearing about it on Tucker's show...then others will pick it up, and he will be writing about it in the New Republic article.

Who really watches Tucker besides us anyway? And why can't he talk about it on his own show and his own article? A brothel owner and some hookers show up, in Nevada nonetheless, and that's the end of the Ron Paul Campaign? Lighten up, Francis!!!!!!!

kylejack
11-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Tucker's good people, and I fully support him.

AdoubleR
11-21-2007, 12:08 PM

Good idea! LOL...

FluffyUnbound
11-21-2007, 12:09 PM
Nope, you're wrong. I have always believed that prostitution should be legal. But I also know that

1. They are not highly regarded as respectable by society and it may not be wise to HIGHLIGHT them as supporters in a CONSERVATIVE PRESIDENTIAL campaign.

2. Tucker's intentions here were not to promote liberty or any such thing. It was a deliberate attempt to give a circus atmosphere to the press conference. This is a pattern with Tucker in regards to the RP campaign.

3. It is not as if the Bunny Ranch are victims that needed to be championed. They run a legal brothel.

And if Tucker had such pure intentions, why did he not ask the campaign for permission to call them?

This was a Ron Paul press conference. Tucker tried to hijack it. If Paul had invited the pimp, I would have been puzzled but not outraged. But Tucker, using his privilege as an embedded journalist stepped WAY OVER HIS BOUNDS and tried to MAKE NEWS that he KNOWS will be controversial.

All for article fodder.

I still think you should stop worrying about what some hypothetical voter might think about a particular Ron Paul supporter. I'm not ashamed of this guy in the least, and I don't think the campaign should be ashamed of him either.

And I think we should wait for the New Republic article before preemptively declaring it a hit piece.

chipvogel
11-21-2007, 12:09 PM
get used to it....Ron Paul attracts people who have been left out of the political process

Question_Authority
11-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Yeah, that will be real productive.

"Ron Paul campaign dumps embedded journalist."

Great headline. :rolleyes:

Well, it will send a message that Ron Paul will not allow its embedded journalists to manipulate the campaign.

Question_Authority
11-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Who really watches Tucker besides us anyway? And why can't he talk about it on his own show and his own article? A brothel owner and some hookers show up, in Nevada nonetheless, and that's the end of the Ron Paul Campaign? Lighten up, Francis!!!!!!!

They didn't just SHOW UP. Tucker INVITED them, without the knowledge of the campaign.

Johncjackson
11-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Exactly. Everyone wants coverage, but only positive and non-controversial coverage. Seems to go against the notion of liberty to me.

No doubt. Working ladies vote too!

I agree. And right now RP still has little name recognition. Almost anything thats news will help, especially with certain people who have a sense of humor and aren't so uptight. A lot better for him to hangout with pimps than white supremacists or others who OPPOSE Liberty for All.

I think for 30+ years Dr. Paul has stood tall for Liberty, even when he was the only one. A huge part of his appeal is his honesty. There is no reason to shy away from principled controversial stands. Even many of his supporters disagree on a few issues but still support the man because of his integrity and constitution.

No matter what, he is not going to fit the mold of whatever the party powers want the candidate to be. And thats good. GW was the last appointed leader, after all. His record and his beliefs are all part of the public record. Better to be bold in defense of liberty, even if it turns off some people. Chances are, the people who are turned off were lost causes anyway. And some will even respect you more.

Ron Paul Fan
11-21-2007, 12:15 PM
They didn't just SHOW UP. Tucker INVITED them, without the knowledge of the campaign.

So if I want to show up and watch a Ron Paul press conference, I have to get permission from the campaign before hand if I want to invite some friends?

Ron LOL
11-21-2007, 12:16 PM

I've never seen so many dead hookers in my life!

Question_Authority
11-21-2007, 12:20 PM
I think for 30+ years Dr. Paul has stood tall for Liberty, even when he was the only one. A huge part of his appeal is his honesty. There is no reason to shy away from principled controversial stands. Even many of his supporters disagree on a few issues but still support the man because of his integrity and constitution.

Can you people understand something? I am not saying Paul should SHY AWAY from this issue. I am not saying I am AGAINST PROSTITUTION. I am in favor of LIBERTY and do not oppose it (I guess you could say I am pro-ho).

What I AM saying is that Tucker has a pattern of trying to sensationalize RP's campaign in a negative way. NOW HE IS HIJACKING PRESS CONFERENCES while being given the trusted position of an embedded journalist with the campaign.

There is a difference between promoting liberty (gambling, prostitution, drugs) and STANDING AT A PODIUM with an uninvited PIMP and then having headlines say things like "BROTHEL OWNER PIMPS FOR RON PAUL". (front page of Huffington Post)

This was extremely disrespectful and underhanded on Tucker's part.

Question_Authority
11-21-2007, 12:21 PM
So if I want to show up and watch a Ron Paul press conference, I have to get permission from the campaign before hand if I want to invite some friends?

If you are an embedded journalist being given this PRIVILEGE by the campaign, YES, you have the courtesy to ask the campaign if you can invite your pimp friend. YUP.

Adamsa
11-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Strange how we want to dictate the campaign.

Stop being annoying and lets do what we do and they'll do what they do.

Lord Xar
11-21-2007, 12:25 PM
You guys are all light about this, but come press time -- you will all be savagely upset over Tucker.

You think he would of done that with Hillary etc..? NOPE! He is making Ron would like a clown. Some late night talkshow hack type.

Tucker should of gotten a talking to, after that.

Also for "freerepublic" mind you. That place hates Ron, that is a bastion of ignorance.

me3
11-21-2007, 12:27 PM
You guys are all light about this, but come press time -- you will all be savagely upset over Tucker.

You think he would of done that with Hillary etc..? NOPE! He is making Ron would like a clown. Some late night talkshow hack type.

Also for "freerepublic" mind you. That place hates Ron, that is a bastion of ignorance.
They only have power if we give it to them.

People getting "savagely upset" about Tucker should be "savagely upset" that we're not registering enough voters or getting all of the delegates needed.

FluffyUnbound
11-21-2007, 12:32 PM

Who's talking about freerepublic?

I think you are a little confused.

VoteRonPaul2008
11-21-2007, 12:35 PM
True free republic hates Ron, I don't know what the deal with Tucker is, but someone pointed out something to me very early on, We don't know for sure who tucker supports and he has NO obligation to put positive plugs for Ron.. in a sense im okay with that, apparently I watch his show sometimes I get aggravated over his negative Paul comments sometimes confused because he defends Paul.. in my view I know most people don't like Tucker maybe this is an endorsement we dont even need, I like his show, I wish he would talk about Paul more, but Tucker isn't working for the Paul campign he works for MSNBC and reprots.. what can we do.. he's your typical news reporter, the only one I seem to like is Jack Cafferety who btw yesterday said he likes Ron Paul :)

ladyliberty
11-21-2007, 12:37 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucker_Carlson

By this account Tucker Carlson is a sneaky little twerp who cant be trusted... :mad:

TVMH
11-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Frankly, I don't care what Tucker Carlson does...his kung fu is weak.

Dr. Paul's kung fu is strong. :cool:

Adamsa
11-21-2007, 12:48 PM
The three things members on this forum care too much about are:

1. Glen Beck
2. Tucker Carlson
3. Mike Huckabee

BillyDkid
11-21-2007, 12:51 PM

I thought it disturbing.I agree - all this marginal type stuff marginalizes us and further convinces fence sitters that Ron is a fringe candidate. Personally, I am very much for legalization of all voluntary activities - prostitution included, but this is just exactly the kind of thing as well as the emphasis and drug legalization (which I agree completely needs to be done) that put off the socially conservative types who will be voting in the primaries. My personal view is that freedom means freedom and not just freedom to do what other people approve of. Unfortunately, many "social conservatives" have exactly the opposite view - freedom is all fine and dandy as long you only engage in activities I approve of or I believe in freedom of speech as long as nobody says anything that I find offensive. I heard judge Scalia on the radio a while back saying the first amendment is only meant to protect speech that is good for America - man, is that scarey or what. I have heard William F Buckley say the same thing - that the 1st amendment is only meant to protect "good speech" - truly creepy.

BillyDkid
11-21-2007, 12:52 PM
The three things members on this forum care too much about are:

1. Glen Beck
2. Tucker Carlson
3. Mike Huckabee
Well, I disagree. If they are hurting the campaign (and I think they are) then we need to be concerned with them.

Sandra
11-21-2007, 12:57 PM
When news is created by the news for interest or content, it's time to close shop.

familydog
11-21-2007, 12:59 PM
I have seen no evidence that Tucker has hurt Dr. Paul's campaign. Someone please show me a credible source to say that he has. I don't buy anecdotal stuff that "oh the elderly women at my church won't like this and will hate Ron Paul now" or soccer moms or whatever. This hysteria is ridiculous.

seeker5
11-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Question_Authority - I agree with you, that's damaging and alarming. I too support legalization of prostitution and all that, but what tucker did does seem to be very sabotaging of Ron Paul's campaign.

After all, Ron Paul may favor legalizing all hard core drugs (as I do), but that doesn't mean he needs to go in the getto and hang out with drug dealers. If he wants to, that's his option, but I'd be mad if someone outside the campaign, yet trusted by the campaign, purposely tries to have him stand with drug dealers.

This image view is very important to primary conservative Republican voters - whom we are trying to convince to vote for Ron Paul. Afterall, look who they elected the last two times around to represent them in the election? Image is of extreme importance in presidential elections.

I hope your phone call can convince HQ to do something about Tucker.