PDA

View Full Version : Best Way to LEVERAGE HQ $$$ into national attention?

ghemminger
11-21-2007, 11:17 AM
I know the current program has been to spend millions on TV ads in NH, hundreds of thousands on Radio Ads in SC, Iowa, NV, primary states...to slingshot us on to the national stage.

BUT with the recent grassroots major developments - USA TODAY, NOV. 5th, Ect.

Is there another or better way to reach NATIONAL name reqonition - which is our main problem.

hmmmm....we have lot of great marketing minds on this forum...are we missing something...is there another way to skin this chicken?

stevedasbach
11-21-2007, 11:33 AM
I know the current program has been to spend millions on TV ads in NH, hundreds of thousands on Radio Ads in SC, Iowa, NV, primary states...to slingshot us on to the national stage.

BUT with the recent grassroots major developments - USA TODAY, NOV. 5th, Ect.

Is there another or better way to reach NATIONAL name reqonition - which is our main problem.

hmmmm....we have lot of great marketing minds on this forum...are we missing something...is there another way to skin this chicken?

I think this is the best approach from now until Dec 16. Depending on where we stand in Iowa, New Hampshire, etc. it might make sense to start national advertising on some of the cable channels. Paul would likely be the only candidate running national ads -- the so-called "top-tier" already have strong national numbers and Huckabee can't afford it. Boosting Paul's national numbers would increase the perception that he could actually win.

BLS
11-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Honestly, I think if we WIN a primary state (IA or NH) that would generate a TON of interest.
Small or medium interest across the nation wouldn't be as good as winning one of those 2 states. People want a WINNER...2nd doesn't account for much.

Just my opinion..I certainly could be wrong.

ghemminger
11-21-2007, 11:40 AM
I think this is the best approach from now until Dec 16. Depending on where we stand in Iowa, New Hampshire, etc. it might make sense to start national advertising on some of the cable channels. Paul would likely be the only candidate running national ads -- the so-called "top-tier" already have strong national numbers and Huckabee can't afford it. Boosting Paul's national numbers would increase the perception that he could actually win.

How much would Cable Ads cost in relation to our current advertising program. Are we having a correct mix of event marketing, etc.

What elements are missing that preventing us from getting much of the free media advertising McCain and the Huckster has been getting?

troyd1
11-21-2007, 12:00 PM
I think we need to do banner ads on drudgereport.com. He get 1.3 million unique visitors per day and about 16 million hits. You can buy the top banner add for $20,000 for everytime that page comes up for a day. This is probably the best value on the web. If you have ever been on drudge, a large banner add will take up the whole browser until you scroll down. That is in your face advertising.

me3
11-21-2007, 12:05 PM
If we don't get a concerted effort in IA and NH, this campaign is done in January.

Exposure is not enough, we need to turn out voters.

If you haven't registered at ronpaul2008.com as a volunteer and watched the grassroots turning out the vote videos, then you may not be doing as much as you could be.

Romney and Giuliani have more sophisticated and organized campaigns along with the media attention. The high profile is not what is getting them poll returns, it's actual campaigning on a grand scale.

Turn out the vote. It's all that matters. Media attention is not the end goal. Taking a ton of delegates to the RNC is.