PDA

View Full Version : Gallup Poll: 64 Percent of Americans Want School Officials Armed to Protect Children

sailingaway
12-22-2012, 11:55 AM
64% thought having at least one school official armed at each school would be at least somewhat effective. Unfortunately they thought having police there would be even more so, which I doubt since the shooter would avoid them specifically in ways they couldn't avoid 'teachers' for example, but here it is:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/159422/stop-shootings-americans-focus-police-mental-health.aspx?utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=syndication&utm_content=morelink&utm_term=All%20Gallup%20Headlines%20-%20Politics

matt0611
12-22-2012, 12:02 PM
I think a police officer (or privately armed security, retired police officer etc) and armed teachers would each have their own benefit.

Dedicated security would be more skilled and would be able to concentrate solely on that one function.

Armed teachers would be harder to avoid and be closer to the children.

I think having at least one of those is a very good idea, preferably both.

coastie
12-22-2012, 12:06 PM
b,b,b,b,b,bbut but, Obama said most Americans were all for banning high capacity magazines and assault rifles in his speech the other day.:rolleyes:

sailingaway
12-22-2012, 12:08 PM
School police exist and even the kids know how to avoid them, their hang outs, their schedules....

I don't have a real problem other than not wanting our schools to be prison camps, (and expense) but having anonymous teachers and administrators who have training and are carrying guns would be harder to plan against, I should think the shooter would go to the next gun free zone.

Dr.3D
12-22-2012, 12:11 PM
b,b,b,b,b,bbut but, Obama said most Americans were all for banning high capacity magazines and assault rifles in his speech the other day.:rolleyes:
Yeah, but we know he just pulled that out of his azz.

James Madison
12-22-2012, 12:34 PM
We should start a company dedicated to providing security services for public schools. It would provide highly-trained individuals and fulfill a market need.

kathy88
12-22-2012, 12:47 PM
We should start a company dedicated to providing security services for public schools. It would provide highly-trained individuals and fulfill a market need.best idea to come out of this nightmare.

FSP-Rebel
12-22-2012, 01:02 PM
We should start a company dedicated to providing security services for public schools. It would provide highly-trained individuals and fulfill a market need.
Good idea but that doesn't grow the government sector like the GOP plan (in-school police officers) or the dem plan (less firearms liberty). Privatizing all education allows parents to choose schools with the amount of protection they feel is needed. Incentivizing the profit line will bring a market approach to education and security and keep the damn politicians out of getting their fingers on this. Then, your idea would work.

Anti Federalist
12-22-2012, 01:42 PM
I don't have a real problem other than not wanting our schools to be prison camps

That train has long since left the station.

phill4paul
12-22-2012, 01:48 PM
That train has long since left the station.

We obviously need one in every school yard with trained government certified snipers.

http://skywatch.readyhosting.com/images/miscellaneous/products/skywatch/sentinel/sentinel_purchase_options.jpg

Danke
12-22-2012, 01:51 PM
We obviously need one in every school yard with trained government certified snipers.

http://skywatch.readyhosting.com/images/miscellaneous/products/skywatch/sentinel/sentinel_purchase_options.jpg

Interesting, I'll pass that idea along.

phill4paul
12-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Interesting, I'll pass that idea along.

Let me know how it is received so I can buy stock.

Anti Federalist
12-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Let me know how it is received so I can buy stock.

His post-coital pillow talk with Janet would be considered "insider trading".

You are reported.

CaptainAmerica
12-22-2012, 04:14 PM
this would not even be an issue if the federal government got its grubby hands off of state rights.

Danke
12-22-2012, 04:21 PM
His post-coital pillow talk with Janet would be considered "insider trading".

You are reported.

Post? lol, it is pre to get her turned on. post, that bitch is worn out and fast asleep.

parocks
12-22-2012, 06:59 PM
School police exist and even the kids know how to avoid them, their hang outs, their schedules....

I don't have a real problem other than not wanting our schools to be prison camps, (and expense) but having anonymous teachers and administrators who have training and are carrying guns would be harder to plan against, I should think the shooter would go to the next gun free zone.

Yup.