PDA

View Full Version : HuffPo article: Put "gun free" signs in front of your homes

green73
12-22-2012, 10:07 AM
We should not wait for our elected officials, in President Obama's good words, "to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics." We should do our share. One way to proceed is to mark our homes, apartments and condos, with a "gun free" sign. Parents should notify their friends that they would be reluctant to send their child over for a play date unless the home was safe from guns. Residential communities should pass rules that ban bringing guns onto their premises, clearly marking them as gun free.

Anyone who puts up such signs will become an ambassador for gun control, because they are sure to be challenged by gun advocates to explain their anti-gun positions.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/amitai-etzioni/gun-free-homes-and-commun_b_2322773.html

Kotin
12-22-2012, 10:12 AM
Anyone who puts up that sign is begging to be home invaded, sodomized, stolen from, murdered.

Fuck you huffing ton post for potentially getting some Libtard and his/her children killed or deeply traumatized.. Fuck your complete ignorance and devotion to the state in the name of enforcing your own uninformed views on the world. You want to be defenseless and shout it from the rooftops in the name of "gun control" go right ahead but you can bet your Dumbass that I won't be sorry when the news reports of your untimely, traumatic demise.

torchbearer
12-22-2012, 10:17 AM
I was actually thinking of providing these type signs for gun control tards.
we could even start a chipin/association to provide these signs to libtards.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8211/8296503523_f0b0d481a6_b.jpg

maybe we can send the offer to huffingtonpost as a good will gesture?

Danke
12-22-2012, 10:17 AM
http://www.conservativepup.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Housenextdoor1.jpg

Kotin
12-22-2012, 10:18 AM
I'd rep u if I could.. That is quite succinct. /saved

RonPaulFanInGA
12-22-2012, 10:19 AM
Anyone who puts up that sign is begging to be home invaded, sodomized, stolen from, murdered.

Don't encourage Huffington Post readers to do this.

Cleaner44
12-22-2012, 10:19 AM
This is genius! Even liberals might have brains enough to make the connection and realize that would be extremely stupid and invite crime.

presence
12-22-2012, 10:23 AM
Their house is NOT ARMED

I'd put one of those in my front yard... if only I had a neighbour to point it towards.

Until then, I'm keeping this one on my front door:

http://www.americanrifleman.org/Webcontent/images/2010-11/20101116101620-ruger_m.jpg

...only because Remington, Savage, and Mossberg didn't include any cool stickers.

torchbearer
12-22-2012, 10:24 AM
loved this comment

While we are at it, we should post "drug free zone" and outlaw heroin, meth, and cocaine. That way we can reduce any unlawful activity related to these drugs and get them off our streets! Oh wait.....

jkr
12-22-2012, 10:26 AM
staple one to yer face
ACT TODAY!

Confederate
12-22-2012, 04:17 PM
Don't encourage Huffington Post readers to do this.

Now we know why Huff Post readers are for gun control...

torchbearer
12-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Now we know why Huff Post readers are for gun control... yup. they fantasize about being ass raped. It does make sense.

Tpoints
12-22-2012, 04:21 PM
My car says "Insured by Smith & Wesson" and my house has a sign "Protected by 2nd Amendment Security"

Confederate
12-22-2012, 04:23 PM
My car says "Insured by Smith & Wesson" and my house has a sign "Protected by 2nd Amendment Security"

Reported you to Smith & Wesson. You'll be hearing from their legal department soon.

Tpoints
12-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Reported you to Smith & Wesson. You'll be hearing from their legal department soon.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_750001_750051_757882_-1_757876_757837_image

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_771506_-1_757876_757837_757837_ProductDisplayErrorView_N

Danke
12-22-2012, 04:28 PM

Let me help and proof read the report.

torchbearer
12-22-2012, 04:30 PM
don't own S&W, but i do have glock and fn-fal

Confederate
12-22-2012, 04:30 PM
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_750001_750051_757882_-1_757876_757837_image

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_771506_-1_757876_757837_757837_ProductDisplayErrorView_N

I see:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson2/upload/images/products/thumb_sm/360000710_sm.jpg

Not "Insured by." They are not an insurance company and you are misrepresenting them. Prepare to be sued.

Confederate
12-22-2012, 04:32 PM
Let me help and proof read the report.

If it's well written can it count as extra credit in your ESL class?

torchbearer
I see:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson2/upload/images/products/thumb_sm/360000710_sm.jpg

Not "Insured by." They are not an insurance company and you are misrepresenting them. Prepare to be sued.

I asked my home insurer about better rates since i have "home protection".
they wouldn't give it to me, but i believe i have a good argument that my theft protection is more so than my neighbors, so my theft insurance should be lower.

Tpoints
I see:

they are a protection company, right?

Tpoints
12-22-2012, 04:34 PM
I asked my home insurer about better rates since i have "home protection".
they wouldn't give it to me, but i believe i have a good argument that my theft protection is more so than my neighbors, so my theft insurance should be lower.

I think those are just sales pitches they give, I'm not sure how much you actually save (often times, the insurance company will just ask if you have some sort of home protection and they'll check off the box for you, this doesn't necessarily mean you have an alarm or a gun).

Confederate
12-22-2012, 04:36 PM

You said "insured." They are not an insurance company. I suggest you stop digging yourself into a deeper legal hole.

Danke
12-22-2012, 04:38 PM
If it's well written can it count as extra credit in your ESL class?

Definately.

Tpoints
12-22-2012, 04:39 PM
You said "insured." They are not an insurance company. I suggest you stop digging yourself into a deeper legal hole.

Only insurance companies can use the word insured, just like only protection companies can use the word protected, right?

ClydeCoulter
12-22-2012, 04:39 PM

So, guns are a protection racket? :D

cbrons
12-22-2012, 04:40 PM
We should not wait for our elected officials, in President Obama's good words, "to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics." We should do our share. One way to proceed is to mark our homes, apartments and condos, with a "gun free" sign. Parents should notify their friends that they would be reluctant to send their child over for a play date unless the home was safe from guns. Residential communities should pass rules that ban bringing guns onto their premises, clearly marking them as gun free.

Anyone who puts up such signs will become an ambassador for gun control, because they are sure to be challenged by gun advocates to explain their anti-gun positions.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/amitai-etzioni/gun-free-homes-and-commun_b_2322773.html

Hahahahahahaha!!!! What morons

Tpoints
12-22-2012, 04:41 PM
So, guns are a protection racket? :D

I don't know, I didn't make the sticker they're selling.

Confederate
12-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Definately.

It's spelled "definitely."

kathy88
12-22-2012, 05:11 PM

Fuck you huffing ton post for potentially getting some Libtard and his/her children killed or deeply traumatized.. Fuck your complete ignorance and devotion to the state in the name of enforcing your own uninformed views on the world. You want to be defenseless and shout it from the rooftops in the name of "gun control" go right ahead but you can bet your Dumbass that I won't be sorry when the news reports of your untimely, traumatic demise.i wholeheartedly approve this rant.

Antischism
12-22-2012, 05:13 PM
Wow, if that article wasn't a parody, it was incredibly stupid.

Confederate
12-22-2012, 05:14 PM
Wow, if that article wasn't a parody, it was incredibly stupid.

The liberal mindset is a parody of reality.

torchbearer
12-22-2012, 05:17 PM
The liberal mindset is a parody of reality. that goes for 80% of the voting population.

Confederate
12-22-2012, 05:19 PM
that goes for 80% of the voting population.

80% of the voting population is either fiscally or socially liberal. In the end, one always leads to the other.

AGRP
12-22-2012, 05:20 PM
I had to click the link to make sure this wasnt from the onion.

torchbearer
12-22-2012, 05:21 PM
80% of the voting population is either fiscally or socially liberal. In the end, one always leads to the other. the frustrating part is the conversatives that are advocating big government positions becuase the heard rush or sean advocating in on the radio.

Confederate
12-22-2012, 05:24 PM
the frustrating part is the conversatives that are advocating big government positions becuase the heard rush or sean advocating in on the radio.

They're not conservatives, though. They claim to be, but they're not. Just as DeMint said: “You can’t be a fiscal conservative and not be a social conservative," the opposite is true. You cannot be a social conservative unless you are also a fiscal conservative. If you're a social conservative you value family, community, and Church above the state, which automatically leads to fiscal conservatism. When you place the state above family, community, and Church you are no longer a social or fiscal conservative.

torchbearer
12-22-2012, 05:27 PM
They're not conservatives, though. They claim to be, but they're not. Just as DeMint said: “You can’t be a fiscal conservative and not be a social conservative," the opposite is true. You cannot be a social conservative unless you are also a fiscal conservative. If you're a social conservative you value family, community, and Church above the state, which automatically leads to fiscal conservatism. When you place the state above family, community, and Church you are no longer a social or fiscal conservative. I agree, but that is not the mindset of the masses.
They think as long as they vote for "R", team red, they are conservative.
I had this woman ask, "are your for republicans or democrats?"
that is the simpleton mindset we encounter on a daily basis. i have yet find a way to fix stupid.

coastie
12-22-2012, 05:29 PM
I had to click the link to make sure this wasnt from the onion.

Me too....

In my neighborhood, it is highly likely if the neighbors found out you didn't own a gun-someone would offer you one of their extras. My next door neighbor has one of my 870's right now, in fact. He's not a criminal and can't get one, mind you... he's just lazy and never goes to the gun shop.

Well, most of the comments there are like "WTF!", surprising for that site. Then again, I can't really see how you could remotely form a rebuttal to this.

Lindsey
12-22-2012, 05:30 PM
This thread is full of win.

Tpoints
12-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Me too....

In my neighborhood, it is highly likely if the neighbors found out you didn't own a gun-someone would offer you one of their extras. My next door neighbor has one of my 870's right now, in fact. He's not a criminal and can't get one, mind you... he's just lazy and never goes to the gun shop.

can you be liable if he does something stupid?

coastie
12-22-2012, 05:34 PM
can you be liable if he does something stupid?

Nope. Just like Honda isn't liable if I do something stupid in my car. Just like you're not liable if I have a brain aneurism from your stupid questions all of the time.

cbrons
12-22-2012, 05:34 PM
This is genius! Even liberals might have brains enough to make the connection and realize that would be extremely stupid and invite crime.

I've been around these people my whole life. Trust me, many are so brainwashed and stupid, they wouldn't ever think to make the connection.

coastie
12-22-2012, 05:49 PM
Best comment on the article:

Fear is an instinct/emotion. Not a right or non right. Its how we handle that fear and right now panic is ruling the people which has been induced by the media and all of its bs. I am a law abiding citizen, i am a law abiding gun owner. I do not live in fear despite the fact tjat ive drawn my weapon 3 times in self defense. All three situations were far away from any ability to call police and all 3 times were over in less than a minute and in all 3 cases if i wasnt armed i would be dead as would be my friends who were with me. A weapon is a deterrent and an equalizer. The concept that some law or legislative action can end fear is ridiculous. There are 2 types of people, those with fight and those with flight.

angelatc
12-22-2012, 07:55 PM

I say let's do a pitch-in to buy them signs.

Indy Vidual
12-22-2012, 08:06 PM
I was actually thinking of providing these type signs for gun control tards.
we could even start a chipin/association to provide these signs to libtards.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8211/8296503523_f0b0d481a6_b.jpg

maybe we can send the offer to huffingtonpost as a good will gesture?

http://www.conservativepup.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Housenextdoor1.jpg

Great 1, 2 punch.

RickyJ
12-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Why not put up a more truthful sign like "brain free" signs. I feel sorry for those that actually make the signs up and put them out.

EBounding
12-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Oh, this article is serious. :eek:

COpatriot
12-22-2012, 11:27 PM
You have to be a fucking idiot to actually do this, so expect to see plenty of these signs in the near future.

MikeStanart
12-22-2012, 11:30 PM
Hilarious. Looking forward to libtards whining about getting their houses broken in to.

cjm
12-23-2012, 01:23 AM

The "insured by Smith and Wesson" stickers go back to at least the 1970s. They are pretty common.

Cutlerzzz
12-23-2012, 01:38 AM
I'd rather we all turn it around and say "free guns".

daviddee
12-23-2012, 02:50 AM
///

Bohner
12-23-2012, 03:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngsKzdKNAmo

tangent4ronpaul
12-23-2012, 03:28 AM

ATTENTION LIBERALS! FREE "GUN FREE ZONE" SIGNS AVAILABLE*

*offer does not include shipping and handling. Customer agrees to hold harmless Gun Free Zone Signs, LLC (henceforth known as the "Seller") of any and every possible crime, charge or liability. Customer further agrees to sign over their entire estate to the Seller, should said Customer or their family die due to home invasion or similar mishap that could reasonably be related to their displaying a victim disarmament zone sign.

-t

truelies
12-23-2012, 06:31 AM
.................... Parents should notify their friends that they would be reluctant to send their child over for a play date unless the home was safe from guns. ......................................

Thats fine, I would not want my kids around such foolish people anyway.