PDA

View Full Version : Is the homeschool movement late on exploiting the Sandy Hook tragedy?

Tpoints
12-22-2012, 04:29 AM
I don't hear anybody saying "Homeschooling saves lives". Liberals want gun control and conservatives rushed to buy more guns, and even bought bullet proof backpacks for their kids. Aurora shooting led to an internet meme "pirating movies saves lives". So why hasn't the homeschooling movement jumped on this? What better selling point to encourage people to pull out of public schools than gun free zones?

It's bad enough schools don't allow prayer and are forcing evolution, sex education, diversity, down our kids' throats, they're injecting our kids with thimerisol and now they're teaching them being gay is normal. When is enough enough? Shouldn't this be the last straw? Ours kids are now in danger of criminal psychopaths because not only are they not allowed to carry guns to protect themselves, but teachers aren't allowed to protect them either.

Or am I getting this all wrong? Is there never going to be another psycho shooter? (Hard to believe, it's happened so many times, from elementary school to college)

Tpoints
12-22-2012, 05:18 AM
Wow, I spoke too soon.

Look who we can count on to tell us "Dead kids are in a better place"
http://www.wnd.com/wnd_video/homeschool-and-pack-heat/

tod evans
12-22-2012, 06:12 AM
I don't hear anybody saying "Homeschooling saves lives". Liberals want gun control and conservatives rushed to buy more guns, and even bought bullet proof backpacks for their kids. Aurora shooting led to an internet meme "pirating movies saves lives". So why hasn't the homeschooling movement jumped on this? What better selling point to encourage people to pull out of public schools than gun free zones?

Well obviously this is a very important talking point for you, are your children enrolled in a private school or home schooled? That would be a logical first step before trying to convince your neighbors..

It's bad enough schools don't allow prayer

I think that prayer in school isn't a bad thing....But, I don't support any federal mandate either for or against it. I believe it is, and should remain a community issue.

and are forcing evolution,

I think that any sane person who is going to "teach" kids should provide them with all the theories regarding the human race, trying to edit or limit the information provided is unfair to the kids

sex education,

This is another area where I believe the community needs to be involved especially any type of sex-ed beyond biology.

diversity, down our kids' throats,

Diversity in what way? Society is divided along so many different lines, culture/economically/race/religion/sex etc...

they're injecting our kids with thimerisol

Are the schools in your area giving children vaccines without parental consent? They're not here.

and now they're teaching them being gay is normal.

Being "gay" probably is normal for a small percentage of the population, how is it wrong to explain to kids that everyone isn't the same?

When is enough enough?

Your "outrage" hasn't convinced me....I'm not fond of public schools for other reasons.

Shouldn't this be the last straw? Ours kids are now in danger of criminal psychopaths because not only are they not allowed to carry guns to protect themselves, but teachers aren't allowed to protect them either.

Oh for Petes sake, we're all "in danger", all the time, but I don't let my child pack a gun around and there are several public school teachers that honestly have no business with firearms. I'm all for teachers who want to arm themselves having the freedom to do so long as the community supports them. Whether or not local schools permit their employees to be armed should be a local issue, not a federal one.

Or am I getting this all wrong? Is there never going to be another psycho shooter? (Hard to believe, it's happened so many times, from elementary school to college)

There very well could be another person who looses it, probably will be in fact..........Whadda ya' say we put computer controlled explosive collars on all white males who are free to venture out in public? Afterall more than 90% of mass-murderers are white males.........sarc//

Anti Federalist
12-22-2012, 06:53 AM
Forced attendance of government school is child abuse.

Tpoints
12-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Forced attendance of government school is child abuse.

it is! But its hard for most people to see it until something obvious like this stands out like a sore thumb. Now our children are officially left in danger zones (euphemistically referred to as "gun free zones")

acptulsa
12-22-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't hear anybody saying "Homeschooling saves lives".

Let 'The Left' politicize tragedy. This is no argument for home schooling (it is, but one that doesn't need to be bandied about to encourage home schooling; it speaks for itself). This is a counter argument to gun control. Excuse me, Compassionate Liberal, but I don't see the homeschoolers using this tragedy to promote an agenda. Why are you?

Tpoints
12-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Excuse me, Compassionate Liberal, but I don't see the homeschoolers using this tragedy to promote an agenda. Why are you?

sorry, you do now.

http://www.wnd.com/wnd_video/homeschool-and-pack-heat/#ooid=00YnBwNzo7hANwpits35y54MnmCzaTa7