PDA

View Full Version : Teen Suspended Over Facebook Comment

TywinLannister
12-22-2012, 01:40 AM
ROBERTA, Ga. (AP) - A 16-year-old high school student has been suspended after authorities misinterpreted a comment he posted on Facebook foreshadowing a holiday surprise for his classmates.

The Telegraph of Macon reports (http://bit.ly/TbaAAr) the teen planned to don a Santa Claus costume and hand out candy to his classmates at Crawford County High School. Officials say a concerned parent called police after reading the teen's Facebook post about Crawford students being "in for a big surprise tomorrow."

Police investigated and say they found no wrongdoing. However, the school has suspended the teen indefinitely and will hold a hearing on the issue after the holiday vacation.

School officials told the newspaper they were exercising necessary precaution following the school shooting in Connecticut. The boy's father says the punishment is embarrassing and unfair.

Information from: The Macon Telegraph, http://www.macontelegraph.com

James Madison
12-22-2012, 01:49 AM
See something, say something.

Philhelm
12-22-2012, 02:03 AM
The supposed adults in this country are insane.

Indy Vidual
12-22-2012, 02:06 AM
Now the kid doesn't have to go to school, how is that a problem?

Keith and stuff
12-22-2012, 03:05 AM
Now the kid doesn't have to go to school, how is that a problem?

If he doesn't graduate with a B average or something the GA lottery would give him a scholarship to a GA state government college. Plus, he cannot go to the sports games and cheer for his school.

Indy Vidual
12-22-2012, 03:10 AM
If he doesn't graduate with a B average or something the GA lottery would give him a scholarship to a GA state government college. Plus, he cannot go to the sports games and cheer for his school.

Well...
He was trying to poison his classmates with sugar.

tangent4ronpaul
12-22-2012, 03:15 AM

This could seriously effect his chances! You know, for every girl cheerleader, there has to be a guy cheerleader. That's a deff black mark against him. Gotta have sports unity. Ya know - it's just the PC thing to do!

It's also a federal law or regulation - on pain of having all the fed sports funding cut off!

-t

Tpoints
12-22-2012, 04:21 AM
wait, why are we upset a kid is suspended from a public school? Aren't we supposed to be happy he can go home and be free from brainwashing or risk getting killed by criminals because his school is a gun free zone where teachers aren't armed to protect him?

tod evans
12-22-2012, 04:23 AM
Speech crime.....

Seems kinda like a thought crime to me.

Tpoints
12-22-2012, 04:30 AM
Speech crime.....

Seems kinda like a thought crime to me.

they're just using his vague comment as an excuse to ban Santa from the public schools, liberals hate Christmas. We should be happy this kid saved his candy and can share it with people who actually appreciate the message or gifting.

tod evans
12-22-2012, 05:08 AM
they're just using his vague comment as an excuse to ban Santa from the public schools, liberals hate Christmas. We should be happy this kid saved his candy and can share it with people who actually appreciate the message or gifting.

I couldn't discern that "liberals" had any more to do with the actions of the authorities than "conservatives".....Is there something I missed?

Tpoints
12-22-2012, 05:13 AM
I couldn't discern that "liberals" had any more to do with the actions of the authorities than "conservatives".....Is there something I missed?

Public schools are all liberals, they were invented by liberals and are controlled by liberals. So that's what you missed, you're so brainwashed by Marxism in public schools you didn't know this.

tod evans
12-22-2012, 05:28 AM
Public schools are all liberals, they were invented by liberals and are controlled by liberals. So that's what you missed, you're so brainwashed by Marxism in public schools you didn't know this.

You're way off base with this one bucko...Marxist my ass!

I haven't set foot in a public school since the mid 70's so there's no brainwashing going on in my head.

Your assertion leads one to believe that you have some first hand knowledge that public schools are all liberal.....Well I've gotta call bullshit.

It's possible that those few you have first hand knowledge of are, I'll grant you that, But the assertion that "all are liberal" is a bit much.

Is there some point you're trying to make with insults and buzz words or is this just tripe?

loveableteddybear
12-22-2012, 05:57 AM
I have a surprise...in my pants...

Hey, I meant my pocket!

kathy88
12-22-2012, 06:08 AM
Anyone who thinks this is okay deserves the police state.

tod evans
12-22-2012, 06:21 AM
I have a surprise...in my pants...

Hey, I meant my pocket!

Whip it out sweetheart, I'll show you the other end...:eek:

Anti Federalist
12-22-2012, 06:58 AM
wait, why are we upset a kid is suspended from a public school? Aren't we supposed to be happy he can go home and be free from brainwashing or risk getting killed by criminals because his school is a gun free zone where teachers aren't armed to protect him?

What are you on about, now?

satchelmcqueen
12-22-2012, 09:20 AM

coastie
12-22-2012, 09:26 AM
What are you on about, now?

Ignore lists are great, him and cbrons are hanging out in mine right now. You should invite them to yours, they have been pretty quiet in mine,lol. Now I only see their stupidity in other's quotes, I likes it.

osan
12-22-2012, 10:36 AM
ROBERTA, Ga. (AP) - A 16-year-old high school student has been suspended after authorities misinterpreted a comment he posted on Facebook foreshadowing a holiday surprise for his classmates.

The Telegraph of Macon reports (http://bit.ly/TbaAAr) the teen planned to don a Santa Claus costume and hand out candy to his classmates at Crawford County High School. Officials say a concerned parent called police after reading the teen's Facebook post about Crawford students being "in for a big surprise tomorrow."

Police investigated and say they found no wrongdoing. However, the school has suspended the teen indefinitely and will hold a hearing on the issue after the holiday vacation.

School officials told the newspaper they were exercising necessary precaution following the school shooting in Connecticut. The boy's father says the punishment is embarrassing and unfair.

Information from: The Macon Telegraph, http://www.macontelegraph.com

All HAIL the police state! All HAIL ​authority!

Anti Federalist
12-22-2012, 01:46 PM
I swear, people will be defending FarceBook and continue to post stupid shit on it, even when they are using it to compile the "round up lists".

Fuck a bunch of FedBook.

acptulsa
12-22-2012, 01:50 PM
So, now any surprise is a terrorist act?

If you know someone with a birthday coming up soon, you had better warn them about their party. You don't want DHS on your neck.

Tpoints
12-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Anyone who thinks this is okay deserves the police state.

anybody who thinks its OK for a teen to be asked to stay home and be free from public education deserves more government?

acptulsa
12-22-2012, 02:04 PM
anybody who thinks its OK for a teen to be asked to stay home and be free from public education deserves more government?

Anyone who thinks that's the only consequence of this action against this innocent should avoid dispensing snark on a website where more intelligent people congregate.

Tpoints
12-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Anyone who thinks that's the only consequence of this action against this innocent should avoid dispensing snark on a website where more intelligent people congregate.

oh really? what did I miss?

acptulsa
12-22-2012, 02:13 PM
oh really? what did I miss?

Is this innocent person going to graduate? Will any private school be able to take him mid-term? Can the parents get themselves in a position to home school this person in time? Will this interruption in this person's education schedule cause irreperable harm when this person tries to get into college, or get a job?

kathy88
12-22-2012, 02:16 PM
You can't be that dense, can you?

Tpoints
12-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Is this innocent person going to graduate? Will any private school be able to take him mid-term? Can the parents get themselves in a position to home school this person in time? Will this interruption in this person's education schedule cause irreperable harm when this person tries to get into college, or get a job?

if it's a misunderstanding, he should be able to.

squarepusher
12-22-2012, 02:20 PM

yes true

acptulsa
12-22-2012, 02:26 PM
if it's a misunderstanding, he should be able to.

He was suspended, and his suspension won't be reviewed until after a lengthy holiday break, for promising 'a surprise' during the Christmas season. If surprises weren't part and parcel of the Christmas season, we would wrap gifts in Saran wrap.

Since when do you trust the authoritarians to prefer justice to covering their own asses?

Tpoints
12-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Since when do you trust the authoritarians to prefer justice to covering their own asses?

uhhhh, the minute you send your kid to a public school?

helmuth_hubener
12-22-2012, 04:01 PM
You think this is bad? Get this: while I was in India, two girls were arrested for Facebook comments. Actually, one was arrested for a comment. This was the comment:

"People like Thackeray are born and die daily and one should not observe a 'bandh' [strike/shutdown] for that."

The other was arrested for....(drumroll)...:

Clicking "Like".

And then the one girl's uncle had his orthopedic clinic ravaged and looted by Thackery's fans. They were not arrested; she was.

Welcome to India! I was there in the middle of it. I just barely escaped the Thackery bandh (which totally shut down Bombay), boarding a train to leave Bombay just after his death was announced. It was madness -- very, very crowded madness.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2012/11/20121120113931506397.html

ClydeCoulter
12-22-2012, 05:11 PM
You can't be that dense, can you?

Me thinks so :(