PDA

View Full Version : one two punch NEED FEEDBACK

SwordOfShannarah
11-21-2007, 10:53 AM
I'm going to lay out a plan soon.. before I go into explaining everything and please before people read into this without understanding all the logic in place I need help with this one thing..

For the first money bomb..

1- Hold it over the Thanksgiving weekend (personally I think Saturday November 26th would be best) at a point when traveling will be done. Having the event occur at this time will be the opportune time to "show the family". The news will cover the event so we can gather everyone around CNN while they are talking about it. Then bring them around the computer and make our donation online in front of them. At that point people in the family will want to learn about Ron Paul. "This is the second time this happened, no other candidate can do this" will be the effect. People can watch videos about Ron Paul, learn about him and may even want to donate right then and there.

2- Do it later in the week. News coverage isn't good on the weekends (is that true?) Use thanksgiving to tell everyone it's going to happen and to keep their eyes open for it on the date we set up.

(and btw- TeaPart07.com will NOT be cancelled!!! We're going to use the first bomb to fill up pledges for the second!)

Menthol Patch
11-21-2007, 10:57 AM
I suggest a money bomb be held on Nov. 30th. It will be in time for the campaign to use the money for NH and Iowa and it will be a great way to close out the month!

jrich4rpaul
11-21-2007, 10:57 AM
I voted option 2, Monday, but any day after the weekend is good. People will be travelling until Sunday

hopeforamerica
11-21-2007, 11:04 AM
You need time for momentum to build, so option two.

DjLoTi
11-21-2007, 11:06 AM
I know somebody trying to plan something for dec 5th, i can hook u guys up if u'd like

Wayne Hammond
11-21-2007, 11:07 AM
Trevor -

I say if we are going to do another money bomb prior to Dec. 16, it should be on the last day of the month (Nov 30th), because:

1. That will give us more time to advertise it and spread the word.

2. Many people get paid on that day.

3. We're already seeing an influx of new cash right now, due to the HQ email, the fight against the Huckabee & Thompson mini-bombs, and all the furry of activity that went on here yesterday. If we hold it too soon, we'll be tapping people out.

I would also like to say that if people choose to donate for this mini-bomb, that they in NO WAY do with funds that were intended to be paid on December 16th. That day is sorely needed to get us press coverage.

SwordOfShannarah
11-21-2007, 11:08 AM
I know somebody trying to plan something for dec 5th, i can hook u guys up if u'd like

It's too late. We need to get them some money within the week or as close to that as possible. But thank you!

jake
11-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Monday Nov. 26th makes a lot of sense, to me.

me3
11-21-2007, 11:13 AM
(and btw- TeaPart07.com will NOT be cancelled!!! We're going to use the first bomb to fill up pledges for the second!)
Now THAT is smart marketing! +1 +1 +1 http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon14.gif

I think Monday would be best. It was great for 11/5.

Shatterhand
11-21-2007, 11:13 AM
The cnn/youtube debate is on Nov. 28th, right? How does that factor into all of this, if at all? Better to have it a few days before or a few days after?

hambone1982
11-21-2007, 11:16 AM
I say Monday 11/26. News is slow on the weekends and if we do it early in the week we might get press throughout the entire week. If we do it over a weekend, it might get lost.

Ozwest
11-21-2007, 11:19 AM
The tempo of donations is already on the rise.Today we will most likely crack 9 million for the quarter. Keep the nice steady flow of donations going until the 16th. The whole "effect" of money bombs will be diminished if we continue down this path... Conservatively, we should be at 10 million by the end of November and at 11 million by mid December without further money bombs.

Wayne Hammond
11-21-2007, 11:21 AM
I say Monday 11/26. News is slow on the weekends and if we do it early in the week we might get press throughout the entire week. If we do it over a weekend, it might get lost.

I think on this particular money bomb that Trevor is suggesting, the idea is to generate cash for HQ, not necessarily press coverage. The press pretty much ignors money bombs that break no records. If it gets press, fine, but that shouldn't be the goal on this one.

The day for trying to get press coverage should be Dec. 16th, which will be one for the history books.

I think we should shoot for Dec. 30th - many people take Monday the 26th off work to extend their Thanksgiving weekend, spending time with family, (or traveling on the road back home) and won't necessarily be online on that day. Having it on the 30th will allow a sufficient enough time to get the word out, IMHO.

Menthol Patch
The campaign has told us they need more money NOW for Iowa, NH, and the early primary states. We need to have an early money bomb! If we don't have a VICTORY in these early states our chance of winning goes down to almost nothing!

Menthol Patch
I think on this particular money bomb that Trevor is suggesting, the idea is to generate cash for HQ, not necessarily press coverage. The press pretty much ignors money bombs that break no records. If it gets press, fine, but that shouldn't be the goal on this one.

The day for trying to get press coverage should be Dec. 16th, which will be one for the history books.

I think we should shoot for Dec. 30th - many people take Monday the 26th off work to extend their Thanksgiving weekend, spending time with family, (or traveling on the road back home) and won't necessarily be online on that day. Having it on the 30th will allow a sufficient enough time to get the word out, IMHO.

I also support the 30th.

paulitics
11-21-2007, 11:24 AM
I think having it during the week and not the weekend would be best. SO any day next week.

SwordOfShannarah
11-21-2007, 11:24 AM

Actually I would like for us to hit the 4 million mark again. Press coverage is vital as I point out we can use the reach of the press to "contact" all the Ron Paul supporters for us. They will go to the new site and for those that missed it there will be a link for the next event at TeaParty07.com.

This way people can go all on for this event and the "new recruits" can fill the ranks of those who cannot donate twice.

SwordOfShannarah
11-21-2007, 11:25 AM

jonathanwebb
11-21-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm for the 30th. It makes total sense. Mondays are busy days at work for a lot of people, but many people could do this on Friday the 30th.

And besides, I don't get paid until the 30th, and won't be able to contribute until then. :mad:

jonathanwebb
11-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Can you hold off on commenting for a bit? This post will undoubtedly affect the outcome. Not exactly scientific if the author of the poll let's his own opinion be known.

EDIT: edited out Trevor's quote. Thanks Trevor!

Ozwest
11-21-2007, 11:29 AM
If it is decided to proceed with an interim money bomb, set a lower target, say 2-3 million, emphasizing that it is not an "all in" effort meant to detract from the 10 million goal of Dec. 16.

jgmaynard
11-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Nov 30th seems like it is a practical day, so I'm looking for tie-ins.

My fav: We know Ron is the only R candidate who has pledged not to use nuclear weapons to "stop" Iran. November 30th, 1950: Truman refuses to rule out atomic weapons (http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history.do?action=Article&id=52024) in Korea to stop Communist expansion.

Powerful stuff.

JM

mtmedlin
11-21-2007, 11:33 AM
I swear all the extra money bombs will dilute the real one. THEY HAVE 10 MIL and will have another 350K by the end of today. Stay the course with Dec. 16th and we will get more press coverage then the few mil that you syphon off with all these little ones. I swear all the peopl over reacting will end up hurting this drive. We got Millions of dollars in free advertising from the bomb. Cant anybody understand that?

Menthol Patch
11-21-2007, 11:38 AM
I swear all the extra money bombs will dilute the real one. THEY HAVE 10 MIL and will have another 350K by the end of today. Stay the course with Dec. 16th and we will get more press coverage then the few mil that you syphon off with all these little ones. I swear all the peopl over reacting will end up hurting this drive. We got Millions of dollars in free advertising from the bomb. Cant anybody understand that?

10 million is not enough to win Iowa and NH! We need to do what it takes to make sure they have even MORE money.

Remember, if this was an "honest" system we would not need so much money. But we are fighting the fact the mainstream media only mentions Ron Paul ONCE for every 100 times they mention one of the other candidates!

Wayne Hammond
11-21-2007, 11:39 AM
I'm for the 30th.
And besides, I don't get paid until the 30th, and won't be able to contribute until then. :mad:

Yeah, a lot of people in this country get their paychecks twice a month, on or around the 15th & 30th. That's the way both my wife and I get paid.

This is what made the Dec. 16 money bomb perfect - it's the day after payday.

That's what would make a Dec. 30 bomb workable - it's right on payday.

This whole movement is being supported by the "Average Joe" for the most part, and most average Joes are living paycheck to paycheck and may have trouble timing their contributions to any other schedule, other than what their payday dictates.

Just a thought.

Menthol Patch
11-21-2007, 11:44 AM
If it is decided to proceed with an interim money bomb, set a lower target, say 2-3 million, emphasizing that it is not an "all in" effort meant to detract from the 10 million goal of Dec. 16.

Ozwest,

I personally think that raising the full 12 million dollar goal of the official campaign by Dec. 30th would be a good idea!

Mastiff
11-21-2007, 11:44 AM
Too many money bombs IMO. I'm a core supporter and it's getting hard to keep it straight. It's unfortunate that the Dec 16th one is kind of late, but we're just diluting it if we do more prior to that. We should just encourage people to send $25 or so when they can prior to the big one.

Wayne Hammond
11-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Too many money bombs IMO. I'm a core supporter and it's getting hard to keep it straight. It's unfortunate that the Dec 16th one is kind of late, but we're just diluting it if we do more prior to that. We should just encourage people to send $25 or so when they can prior to the big one.

I totally agree with this, however, if the consensus here insists on doing another bomb prior to the Tea Party, I think Friday, Nov. 30th is the way to go.

My personal opinion on the best way to proceed is to focus our next money-bomb efforts on Dec. 16th, and just encourage folks to give consistently, as much as they can, up to that date, as long as they don't use funds originally earmarked for the Tea Party.

Drknows
11-21-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm for Nov. 30th,

1. this will give us a much needed push to 12 million.
2. It will give us sometime to advertise it, build site, banners, post it around.
3. People get paid

the 16th can be the go all out day.

Ozwest
11-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Ozwest,

I personally think that raising the full 12 million dollar goal of the official campaign by Dec. 30th would be a good idea!

Huh? I don't want to see all this advertising, including todays U.S.A. Today effort, and all the promotional effort go down the drain because donors get "fed up" with all this chopping and changing... No matter the urgency required, I am dissapointed that the campaign did not approach this in a more thoughtful and prudent manner. I'm sure many of us, given the same responsibilities would have crafted things differently...

shadowhooch
11-21-2007, 12:00 PM

I voted the 30th. And before I say the following, I want to make sure I say that I still support the Tea Party Dec 16 money bomb.

But how much "extra" media coverage do you expect Ron Paul to get more than he already got from the last one? Even if we raise 12 million in 1 day, it will probably be the exact same story as before.

"He keeps raising a ton of money but still doesn't show in the polls"

I don't see a problem with having multiple money bombs - even if they total 3 million each instead of 12 million at once. We will still get publicity and, more importantly, the campaign can get more of the message out to improve the polls.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. THE MOST IMPORTANT PUBLICITY RON PAUL COULD EVER HOPE TO ACHIEVE IS WINNING 2 OR MORE EARLY PRIMARIES. That is the only way people will see him as "legit". So the more money that can be spent by the campaign in those states, the better.;)

(It is often said that one of the downfalls of Howard Dean's campaign is he stopped talking about the issues and kept harping on how much money he was bringing in. The money message only goes so far with voters.)

Menthol Patch
11-21-2007, 12:01 PM
Nothing is changing!

We will still have the Tea Party on Dec. 16th! NOTHING about that is changing!

SwordOfShannarah
11-21-2007, 12:10 PM
I voted the 30th. And before I say the following, I want to make sure I say that I still support the Tea Party Dec 16 money bomb.

But how much "extra" media coverage do you expect Ron Paul to get more than he already got from the last one? Even if we raise 12 million in 1 day, it will probably be the exact same story as before.

"He keeps raising a ton of money but still doesn't show in the polls"

I understand what you're saying. The issue is we must get money now and must continue with Dec 16th for reasons I'll send out in a letter and post to the forums later.

The key here is that the story makes headlines and they drive traffic to the site- that way RP supporters who have yet to be reached for TeaParty07.com will come to the new site and find out about it. This whole situation "could" actually work to our advantage..

Ozwest
11-21-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm somewhat surprised that Trevor is kicking this idea around. He has the runs on the board, so it will be interesting to see what strategies he has in place. Perhaps the two money bombs could somehow be promoted or "tied in" together.

Ozwest
11-21-2007, 12:15 PM
Deja vu

Wayne Hammond
11-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Nothing is changing!

We will still have the Tea Party on Dec. 16th! NOTHING about that is changing!

Yeah, I agree Menthol... and if need be, you can still keep doing the mini anti-Huck and anti-Fred bombs like yesterday and today (I know the HQ letter had a lot to do with this surge in donations also).

Heck, with little effort, we're about $70,000 away from $9 million right now. We'll have no problem being well over $10 million just prior to the Tea Party. If contributions slack off, what's-his-face from HQ can always come here to the forums and ask us to do more, if it is truly needed.

I say we give serious consideration to keeping things as-is, with consistent donation efforts up to Dec. 16 to keep HQ happy, and then drop the NUKE for the Tea Party. But if people insist on another bomb - DEC 30th should be it.

Naraku
11-21-2007, 12:33 PM
I think November 30th is a good idea because it will also be like an last-minute push, which is going to drive people a lot more and still leaves about 16 days for the Tea Party, which is about the time November 5th got.

chipvogel
11-21-2007, 12:43 PM
I like the 28th....make it a debate bomb
Ron Paul supporters planning debate bomb

shadowhooch
11-21-2007, 12:53 PM
The key here is that the story makes headlines and they drive traffic to the site- that way RP supporters who have yet to be reached for TeaParty07.com will come to the new site and find out about it. This whole situation "could" actually work to our advantage..

Good point.

blamx8
11-21-2007, 01:21 PM
If we can use the old media to drive new pledges and donors I say lets absolutely do it. I think the 30th is best.

SwordOfShannarah
11-21-2007, 01:27 PM
What I really love about all this is that last night there was a thread I think that was well over 11 pages long- page after page of people yelling at me and freaking out over a stupid link that hadn't been taken down simply because I was out... not to mention my flooded email box all with people sending me copies of the email I already had my own copy of.. FUN!

And now, here I am trying to make a decision about what we should do next and I can't even get 100 votes.

Friday the 30th it is. Case closed. If people post here in anger all I can say is I won't be reading it. Thanks to those of you who voted. At least you care and help out.

gworrel
11-21-2007, 01:31 PM
I am very pleased to see this poll. Thank goodness some common sense is being shown here. I voted for November 30th because it gives some time to publicize it but I am in for any day. The family sitting around the computer concept might not work for many unless it were on Thanksgiving day. The problem is that there may be too many distractions on that day.

I think the late November money bomb is the best way to leverage our growing strength to win in NH and IA. We should be optimistic that we can continue to build support and fund raising each week that goes by and have a great day on December 16th as well. A $25 million 4th quarter is not out of reach.

Mckarnin
11-21-2007, 01:32 PM
I'm going to lay out a plan soon.. before I go into explaining everything and please before people read into this without understanding all the logic in place I need help with this one thing..

For the first money bomb..

1- Hold it over the Thanksgiving weekend (personally I think Saturday November 26th would be best) at a point when traveling will be done. Having the event occur at this time will be the opportune time to "show the family". The news will cover the event so we can gather everyone around CNN while they are talking about it. Then bring them around the computer and make our donation online in front of them. At that point people in the family will want to learn about Ron Paul. "This is the second time this happened, no other candidate can do this" will be the effect. People can watch videos about Ron Paul, learn about him and may even want to donate right then and there.

2- Do it later in the week. News coverage isn't good on the weekends (is that true?) Use thanksgiving to tell everyone it's going to happen and to keep their eyes open for it on the date we set up.

The Nov 30th moneybomb would be more effective if we tied it clearly to the things the money could help fund now! Ads in early primary/caucus states, etc....

Also, any chance we could phrase it as a money grenade or money something else to signal that we don't expect it to be as big as the 16th of December?

blamx8
11-21-2007, 01:34 PM
Friday the 30th it is. Case closed.

That's the spirit. :)

Ozwest
11-21-2007, 01:35 PM
What is the best way of promoting October 30 and tying it in with December 16. Perhaps we can loop the two together in name and overall aims and objectives. Anybody got any suggestions or ideas?

gworrel
11-21-2007, 01:37 PM
What I really love about all this is that last night there was a thread I think that was well over 11 pages long- page after page of people yelling at me and freaking out over a stupid link that hadn't been taken down simply because I was out... not to mention my flooded email box all with people sending me copies of the email I already had my own copy of.. FUN!

And now, here I am trying to make a decision about what we should do next and I can't even get 100 votes.

Friday the 30th it is. Case closed. If people post here in anger all I can say is I won't be reading it. Thanks to those of you who voted. At least you care and help out.

I think you are showing true leadership here and I applaud you. Everyone needs to set aside their differences and recognize that a change in tactics was needed. Thank you for recognizing that fact. Ron Paul for President 2008!

Wayne Hammond
11-21-2007, 01:39 PM

Trevor,

I apologize for starting that thread last night; I tried to contact you through PMs & email, but it was a no-go, and people were sincerely worried that the HQ email stuff would not be taken off prior to the USA Today ad coming out. Posting the info in the forums was the only way I could figure out how to quickly attract your attention (or find out how to contact you). Rob then saw that post, found Nathaniel's contact info, and he and I both called Nathaniel and asked him to contact you about this. Sorry for all the frustration this may have caused you.

The 30th sounds good to me, are you going to put up a web site about it?

Thanks.

adpierce
11-21-2007, 01:42 PM
Not voting due to the fact that I think promoting another money bomb is losing focus. Just donate what you can now to help out, keep the average daily numbers high and let Dec. 16th be the only bomb. Don't disregard the campaign email, make sure they've got enough to start doing their thing here in my state of Iowa, then in NH, and SC, we don't need to promote a bomb just get the word out to people that the campaign needs their help. Plus isn't the point of a bomb to get media attention? Any "bomb" we try to do before Dec 16th is going to "bomb" in comparison to what we've already done on Nov. 5th. It'll be an embarrassment that we can't beat our own record. I understand the motivation and intent, but I think setting another bomb in between now and Dec 16th may just get us bad publicity in the end.

Ozwest
11-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Perhaps a goal of 5 million on Oct.30 and a goal of 5 million on December 16 to get to the stated goal of 10 million. We would get 2x hits of media attention. Perhaps we could call the Nov. 30 one something like "a storm in a tea cup" or "a storm a brewing, and link the two together.

Heather in WI
11-21-2007, 01:54 PM

Aww. Chin up ... You rock! Woo-hoo! Let's pump the 30th! :-)

jpinkerton
11-21-2007, 01:56 PM

I hadn't found this thread yet :(

I voted the 30th - I think that's really the best one anyways as it gives everyone a little bit longer to promote it, and it's on a payday.

Wayne Hammond
11-21-2007, 01:59 PM
I hadn't found this thread yet :(

I asked the Admins to move it after Trevor corrected the web site.

Ozwest
11-21-2007, 01:59 PM
Spreading the "Tea Party" over two different days might make it easier for people to donate more and would reduce the chance of sites crashing. On Dec. 16, we could go that little bit harder and break the Hillary 6.7 million record.

Drknows
11-21-2007, 02:00 PM

Haha I told them to chill. The whole thing got blown out of proportion. The campaign always sends out emails. I think they just seen the previous week donation totals and became worried.

we will reach that 12 million and then some. :D

literatim
11-22-2007, 01:15 PM
I absolutely refuse to go along with this. It's a completely retarded idea.

McDermit
11-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Trevor's a moron. Thanks for taking away from the 16th.

Even if he wated to do the 30th, there was NO REASON for an email to be sent to the teaparty subsribers.

krott5333
11-22-2007, 01:35 PM
i choose "none of the above"