PDA

View Full Version : The last Friday … for Ron Paul

sailingaway
12-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Today is the last Friday on the Mayan calendar and the last Friday in the congress for Ron Paul. One wonders how in the heck those ancient Mayans knew about him and when he was going to retire from the congress. They said that it marked the end of an age: the beginning of a new era. Lord knows we could use a new age.

http://markstoval.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/ron-paul-revolution1.png?w=138&h=150

During his career, Ron Paul gave many speeches to a largely empty chamber in the House of Representatives in Congress and a few saw them on C-SPAN or on YouTube. He could have been a “player” in the congress if he had chosen to play the political game, but he wanted to champion liberty and justice instead. My that is a lonely task in the halls of congress or anywhere in DC for that matter. But then came two runs for president and the huge audiences that listen to the candidates for dictator of the USA. Now his name is a household word throughout the land.

One of the regulars who used to comment on each post that anti-war writer Glenn Greenwald makes once asked me how I could support Ron Paul since he was running in the Republican Party. The answer was obvious. He had tried a third party once (the Libertarian Party) and that route in our system is a road to obscurity. He had no chance if he ran in the Democratic Party so there was only the Republican Party left — it was a no-brainer. I told that to the fellow and pointed out that Ron Paul was running a message campaign that would be more important than the candidacy of whoever the Republicans nominated. It was a message campaign with a message of liberty and freedom for the individual. A message not heard in this land for generations.

more: http://markstoval.wordpress.com/2012/12/21/the-last-friday-for-ron-paul/

to be honest I'm not certain it is the last Friday for Ron, I know they are coming back after Christmas for more work, but I don't know the dates.