PDA

View Full Version : Just in case you forgot: the left was all for armed insurrection when it was W.

Anti Federalist
12-21-2012, 04:03 PM
http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/wp-content/images2009/nooseLastMohicanwide.jpg

http://www.zombietime.com/sf_rally_february_16_2003/RIP_Here_Lies_George_Bush.jpg

http://www.zombietime.com/sf_anti-war_rally_oct_27_2007/passive-aggressive_syndrome/IMG_9660.JPG

http://www.zombietime.com/us_out_of_iraq_now_sf_3-18-2007/IMG_2393.JPG

http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/wp-content/images2009/headshotringo.jpg

Much more here:

http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/?p=621

phill4paul
12-21-2012, 04:59 PM

Think you might be getting a "visit" if you walked around with a picture of Obama with a bullet hole in his head?

Working Poor
12-21-2012, 05:15 PM
Ya think?

shane77m
12-21-2012, 05:27 PM
All people that only hated Bush. Those people were never anti-war protestors.

jkr
12-21-2012, 05:33 PM
outed!

Dark_Horse_Rider
12-21-2012, 05:49 PM
every man got ther right to decide his own destiny

and in in this judgement there is no partiality

no more internal power struggle

we come together to overcome the little trouble

so soon will find out who is the real revolutionary

cause i dont want my people to be contrary / tricked by mercenaries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqFJJmfWNsg

shane77m
12-21-2012, 05:51 PM
http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/wp-content/images2009/leeharvey.jpg

Can these people really be that stupid and blind or perhaps they have been paid to try and cause division?

AGRP
12-21-2012, 06:01 PM
See something say something.

Dark_Horse_Rider
12-21-2012, 06:09 PM
See something say something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1vM3EI9-s4

so much things to say

heavenlyboy34
12-21-2012, 06:14 PM
I remember these sort of images in the papers and news back then. Amazing sometimes how much stuff falls into the Memory Hole. :( :mad:

Anti Federalist
12-21-2012, 10:52 PM
She's raci...oh, wait.

Think you might be getting a "visit" if you walked around with a picture of Obama with a bullet hole in his head?

cbrons
12-21-2012, 11:06 PM
They're hypocritical slime

UWDude
12-22-2012, 09:56 PM
Nobody knows anybody holding up these signs. So you have no idea if they changed their minds on war or not. I'd be willing to bet at least half of the anti-war protesters during the Bush era are still anti-war when Obama is doing it.

My last anti-war protest was in March.
Only saw two Ron Paul people there.
Where the fuck are you whiners?
Where have you ever been?

Can these people really be that stupid and blind or perhaps they have been paid to try and cause division?

I fail to understand what is so blind about that sign. That sign is dead on truth.

All people that only hated Bush. Those people were never anti-war protestors.

Says you? WTF do you know, anyways?

AGRP
12-22-2012, 10:04 PM
Nobody knows anybody holding up these signs. So you have no idea if they changed their minds on war or not. I'd be willing to bet at least half of the anti-war protesters during the Bush era are still anti-war when Obama is doing it.

My last anti-war protest was in March.
Only saw two Ron Paul people there.
Where the fuck are you whiners?
Where have you ever been?

I fail to understand what is so blind about that sign. That sign is dead on truth.

Says you? WTF do you know, anyways?

It seems odd how not one nationwide peace march has been organized by the liberty community.

UWDude
12-22-2012, 10:11 PM
It seems odd how not one nationwide peace march has been organized by the liberty community.

too busy bitching on the internet about libruls.

phill4paul
12-22-2012, 10:17 PM
too busy bitching on the internet about libruls.

http://www.democracynow.org/2007/6/12/pentagon_cracks_down_on_anti_war

Danke
12-22-2012, 10:17 PM

Did you miss the whole Ron Paul for President campaign this go around too?

UWDude
12-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Nine years ago, when I went to my first anti-war protest, I bet half of you were wishing me and my fellow bush-hating librul protesters dead, and cheering on your beloved president and commander-in-chief and red white and blue flag and troops and O'Reilly and Hannity and laughing at all those conspiracy theories about Halliburton and Bechtel and propping up the US dollar on stolen oil.

And I protested that time for 3 days straight, from the day the bombs began falling in Iraq. I went to protests after that, but the protests got smaller and smaller the more apparent it became that we were going to be at war, whether we liked it or not. Hell, Europe had massive demonstrations and disapproval, and were still dragged into it anyway.

Hell yes, there are a lot of democrats that support Obama and whatever he does. But it's total bullshit to try and claim anti-war supporters changed their mind when Obama came into office.

You don't know that. You are just repeating another stupid mantra of division.

Not to mention armchair quarterbacks are just fat slobs watching TV, regardless of their delusions of being an important part of the game.

UWDude
12-22-2012, 10:21 PM
http://www.democracynow.org/2007/6/12/pentagon_cracks_down_on_anti_war

Pfft... Democracy now is a librul communist front. I'd never read that.

(Oh, it's Adam Kokesh! And his recent little show was called "Fuck the anti-war left" Good job, Adam. Did you feel lonely out there with your 25 veterans marching for Paul? I wonder why?)

One thing the left has on the libertarians, is the concept of solidarity.

Danke
12-22-2012, 10:24 PM
Nine years ago, when I went to my first anti-war protest, I bet half of you were wishing me and my fellow bush-hating librul protesters dead, and cheering on your beloved president and commander-in-chief and red white and blue flag and troops and O'Reilly and Hannity and laughing at all those conspiracy theories about

You are full of shit. punk.

UWDude
12-22-2012, 10:27 PM

Bullshit. 2003 was a long time ago. A lot of people on these boards were neo-cons back then.

phill4paul
12-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Nine years ago, when I went to my first anti-war protest, I bet half of you (1) were wishing me and my fellow bush-hating librul protesters dead, and cheering on your beloved president and commander-in-chief and red white and blue flag and troops (2) and O'Reilly and Hannity and laughing at all those conspiracy theories about Halliburton and Bechtel and propping up the US dollar on stolen oil (3).

And I protested that time for 3 days straight, from the day the bombs began falling in Iraq. I went to protests after that, but the protests got smaller and smaller the more apparent it became that we were going to be at war, whether we liked it or not. Hell, Europe had massive demonstrations and disapproval, and were still dragged into it anyway.

Hell yes, there are a lot of democrats that support Obama and whatever he does. But it's total bullshit to try and claim anti-war supporters changed their mind when Obama came into office (4).

Not to mention armchair quarterbacks are just fat slobs watching TV, regardless of their delusions of being an important part of the game.

1) Fuck you very much.
2) Fuck you very much.
3) Fuck you very much.
4) Fuck you very much for being delusional.

5) 6) 7) Meh. Ya ain't worth it.

phill4paul
12-22-2012, 10:30 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Danke again.

shane77m
12-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Nine years ago, when I went to my first anti-war protest, I bet half of you were wishing me and my fellow bush-hating librul protesters dead, and cheering on your beloved president and commander-in-chief and red white and blue flag and troops and O'Reilly and Hannity and laughing at all those conspiracy theories about Halliburton and Bechtel and propping up the US dollar on stolen oil.

Hell yes, there are a lot of democrats that support Obama and whatever he does. But it's total bullshit to try and claim anti-war supporters changed their mind when Obama came into office.

Here you go.

http://www.askthemotherboard.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/chocolate_chip_cookie.jpg

shane77m
12-22-2012, 10:34 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Danke again.

got it.

UWDude
12-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Where were you guys, March 2003? Hmm?

UWDude
12-22-2012, 10:37 PM
4) Fuck you very much for being delusional.

I am not delusional. Try getting out in the real world some time. Going out and protesting isn't as easy as typing on a blog or posting something to facebook. it takes a bit more dedication. Something most of you have no clue about. Anti-protesters always assume protesting is easy.

And if they actually took a day off to go protest, and definitely if they took time off and risked arrest at one of the tens of thousands of smaller protests you never even heard of, (but I went to many of) then it is likely they are more educated than your average democrat about the MIC.

But go ahead and keep spouting your divisive bullshit. Just don't be surprised when all you get is division.

I mean, seriously, off all the things you can think of slamming "the left" for, the best you can do is criticize them for not protesting enough anymore? When you never did it at all?

What a gang of douches.

Origanalist
12-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Bullshit. 2003 was a long time ago. A lot of people on these boards were neo-cons back then.

Yes I was, so? Some of us are slower than others, what's your point?

UWDude
12-22-2012, 10:44 PM
Yes I was, so? Some of us are slower than others, what's your point?
Then you have no right, whatsoever, to criticize anybody that does not protest the wars enough to your liking to believe they are still anti-war.

Furthermore, thank you for helping me prove another point, that many of those criticizing "the leftist anti-war protesters", themselves hated me for protesting back in 2003, for which I was called delusional for stating.

AuH20
12-22-2012, 10:46 PM
I am not delusional. Try getting out in the real world some time. Going out and protesting isn't as easy as typing on a blog or posting something to facebook. it takes a bit more dedication. Something most of you have no clue about. Anti-protesters always assume protesting is easy.

And if they actually took a day off to go protest, and definitely if they took time off and risked arrest at one of the tens of thousands of smaller protests you never even heard of, (but I went to many of) then it is likely they are more educated than your average democrat about the MIC.

But go ahead and keep spouting your divisive bullshit. Just don't be surprised when all you get is division.

I mean, seriously, off all the things you can think of slamming "the left" for, the best you can do is criticize them for not protesting enough anymore? When you never did it at all?

What a gang of douches.

I don't waste my time on first amendment nonsense. Do you think Henry Kissinger cares about marches or demonstrations???? There is only one way to stop this and I'm not at liberty to discuss such matters over this particular medium.

UWDude
12-22-2012, 10:51 PM
I don't waste my time on first amendment nonsense. Do you think Henry Kissinger cares about marches or demonstrations???? There is only one way to stop this and I'm not at liberty to discuss such matters over this particular medium.

It still helps the rest of the world see each other, at least when the media bothers to report a protest anymore.

Do you remember polls here in the US before the invasion of Iraq? There was something like 80% approval to invade. It was one hell of a lonely place to be.

(Still is. Most people who want to get out now only want to do so because it costs too much in blood and treasure. Which means they don't care about the dead innocents, much less the dead defenders against aggression. And it also means, that the next time a fun war comes along, they'll hop back on, and cheer it on.)

phill4paul
12-22-2012, 10:59 PM
What a gang of douches.

Because supporters of Ron Paul are notorious for their pro-war support. Bunch of hypocritical arm chair warriors right there. :rolleyes:

UWDude
12-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Because supporters of Ron Paul are notorious for their pro-war support. Bunch of hypocritical arm chair warriors right there. :rolleyes:

I'm not talking about supporters of Ron Paul. I'm talking about you three douches, personally.

Dr.3D
12-22-2012, 11:05 PM
And I thought the OP was talking about Obama supporters.

shane77m
12-22-2012, 11:08 PM

I guess UWDude is an Obama supporter?????

UWDude
12-22-2012, 11:11 PM

80% of the pictures have no evidence of them being Obama supporters.
And the only one that does, does not specifically hate on Bush for being a war criminal.
So for the Jewish supporter of Obama, their hatred of Bush very well may have been just a team game thing.

go fuck yourself?

Dr.3D
12-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Oh, I thought this forum was for Ron Paul supporters.

Dr.3D
12-22-2012, 11:16 PM
80% of the pictures have no evidence of them being Obama supporters.
And the only one that does, does not specifically hate on Bush for being a war criminal.
So for the Jewish supporter of Obama, their hatred of Bush very well may have been just a team game thing.

go fuck yourself?
So why should it matter if there is evidence of them being Obama supporters when the title of this thread is about "the left?"
Nobody should care if they are really Obama supporters or not, it's the idea of.... where are the Obama supporters now that are upset about the never ending war? They were pretty vocal when it was W Bush doing it, but now the silence is deafening.

shane77m
12-22-2012, 11:17 PM
From what I have experienced in talking with Obama supporters(liberals) they simply hated Bush and approve of Obama even though he is doing the same things. They can name off what they hated about Bush but completely zone out or get furious when you explain to them Obama is doing the same stuff.

Maybe the media is just hiding all of the anti-war protests against Obama?

go fuck yourself?
I will think about it.

phill4paul
12-22-2012, 11:17 PM
I'm not talking about supporters of Ron Paul. I'm talking about you three douches, personally.

If you are pushing for me to report then you're not gonna get your martyr wish. But realize from here on out that anything I might say is defense. It is merely a push back against your aggression.

UWDude
12-22-2012, 11:22 PM
So why should it matter if there is evidence of them being Obama supporters when the title of this thread is about "the left?"
Nobody should care if they are really Obama supporters or not, it's the idea of.... where are the Obama supporters now that are upset about the never ending war? They were pretty vocal when it was W Bush doing it, but now the silence is deafening.

As I already said, the last protest I went to was this march. And I only say that, because it was about 150 "libruls" and 2 "libertarians". Way to represent, yo.

And then you fucking classless douche bags have the gall to bitch here about "libruls" not protesting enough to your liking, when you AIN'T DOIN' SHIT, NEVER DID SHIT, AND HALF OF YOU WERE ACTUALLY TONGUING BUSH'S BROWN HOLE IN 2003!.

Even during the Bush years, the protests became smaller and smaller. There was never a protest nearly as large as the first protests in 2003.

Is there hypocrisy amongst Democrats? Absolutely, and it is stomach churning. But of all people, the anti-war protesters from 2003 are hardly the people you want to try and drive away with your stupid cliche, un-thought out, divisive, BULLSHIT.

UWDude
12-22-2012, 11:24 PM

Stop wasting my time with your stupid childish games, please.

You say "I thought this thread was about Obama supporters"
I say, there is no proof this thread is about Obama supporters, and show there is no evidence of that.
You say "The title of this thread is about the left, why are you talking about it being about Obama supporters?"

Yeah, OK, you very funny widdle boy, hee hee hee.
Hee hee hee. You so very funny widdle boy.

Now go away, duh gwown-ups are tawking.

UWDude
12-22-2012, 11:26 PM
If you are pushing for me to report then you're not gonna get your martyr wish. But realize from here on out that anything I might say is defense. It is merely a push back against your aggression.

Let me guess, your keyboard keys have been registered in four states as deadly weapons, and it is your duty to inform me, right?

And I said YOU PERSONALLY, because YOU tried to make it like I was insulting all the Ron Paul supporters. (Has that tactic ever worked in your flame wars in the past? Then why keep trying it?)

So I made it quite clear. No, I love Ron Paul supporters. But you... are a douche.

Dr.3D
12-22-2012, 11:28 PM
As I already said, the last protest I went to was this march. And I only say that, because it was about 150 "libruls" and 2 "libertarians". Way to represent, yo.

And then you fucking classless douche bags have the gall to bitch here about "libruls" not protesting enough to your liking, when you AIN'T DOIN' SHIT, NEVER DID SHIT, AND HALF OF YOU WERE ACTUALLY TONGUING BUSH'S BROWN HOLE IN 2003!.

Even during the Bush years, the protests became smaller and smaller. There was never a protest nearly as large as the first protests in 2003.

Is there hypocrisy amongst Democrats? Absolutely, and it is stomach churning. But of all people, the anti-war protesters from 2003 are hardly the people you want to try and drive away with your stupid cliche, un-thought out, divisive, BULLSHIT.
I'll have you know, I was protesting the war back in the 60s. I ended up getting drafted and going to Vietnam for two tours of duty. I think I know a bit about protesting the never ending wars.

phill4paul
12-22-2012, 11:29 PM
But of all people, the anti-war protesters from 2003 are hardly the people you want to try and drive away with your stupid cliche, un-thought out, divisive, BULLSHIT.

Nope. Don't want them. They're not consistent. Character flaw and such....

UWDude
12-22-2012, 11:30 PM
I'll have you know, I was protesting the war back in the 60s. I ended up getting drafted and going to Vietnam for two tours of duty. I think I know a bit about protesting the never ending wars.

Good for you.

Now

WHY THE HELL AIN'T YOU PROTESTING NO MORE, YOU TWO-FACED LIBRUL HYPOCRITE!? HMM? YOUR SILENCE IS DEAFENING!

phill4paul
12-22-2012, 11:31 PM
But you... are a douche.

Is that all ya got? Really? You are elevating me to Kludge status instead of insulting me. That's how naive you are.

Dr.3D
12-22-2012, 11:31 PM
Good for you.

Now

WHY THE HELL AIN'T YOU PROTESTING NO MORE, YOU TWO-FACED LIBRUL HYPOCRITE!? HMM? YOUR SILENCE IS DEAFENING!
Because it's Obama's war now.

Origanalist
12-22-2012, 11:32 PM
Then you have no right, whatsoever, to criticize anybody that does not protest the wars enough to your liking to believe they are still anti-war.

Furthermore, thank you for helping me prove another point, that many of those criticizing "the leftist anti-war protesters", themselves hated me for protesting back in 2003, for which I was called delusional for stating.

Please show me where I criticized you. I have embarassingly apologized for my stupidity multiple times.

UWDude
12-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Nope. Don't want them. They're not consistent. Character flaw and such....

You don't even know them. All you know is somebody called them libruls, and now you are like, "yeah, yeah, why don't they protest more? Hmmm?"

You don't know if the protesters are consistent, all you know is you read some pro-war drivel shit by some Obama supporter on HuffPo, and now you are going to transfer your hatred of them onto your allies, the anti-war protesters, just because some stooge told you both the Obama supporter and the anti-0war protester are liberals.

And you know what that kind of thinking is?

Fucking stupid.

UWDude
12-22-2012, 11:35 PM
Is that all ya got? Really?

Is that all I wrote? Really?

phill4paul
12-22-2012, 11:35 PM
And you know what that kind of thinking is?

Fucking stupid.

Winning hearts and minds. ;)

UWDude
12-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Please show me where I criticized you. I have embarassingly apologized for my stupidity multiple times.

Prepare to apologize again then, because you asked what my point was, when I already stated my point.

If you have not criticized the anti-war left for not protesting enough to your liking. Good for you. As I said, you have no right to, anyway.

UWDude
12-22-2012, 11:39 PM
Winning hearts and minds. ;)

Yeah, you guys are doing a fine job of it by insulting people willing to take street action for their beliefs, and painting them as the same as partisan hacks that support anything their team does.

You eat up the divisive rhetoric like pigs to sweet Iowa corn.

Keep it up, Philly, Danki and Shane, aka the three douches.

Dr.3D
12-22-2012, 11:40 PM
http://imgur.com/I6GSf.gif

Restore America Now
12-22-2012, 11:41 PM

Third grade. :D

shane77m
12-22-2012, 11:42 PM
Yeah, you guys are doing a fine job of it by insulting people willing to take street action for their beliefs, and painting them as the same as partisan hacks that support anything their team does.

Well at least I will be able to remove that "not so fresh feeling." I guess I am good for something after all.

phill4paul
12-22-2012, 11:48 PM

Gonna have to do better to merit a sig. I feel you are trying. Just not convincing. Meh, I thought this might get interesting.

Anti Federalist
12-23-2012, 12:34 AM

March 2003?

Raising hell, as usual.

I got over my Mideast war blood-lust back during the "liberation" Kuwait, probably when you were still in diapers.

Sadly, most of my writings during that time frame got flushed down the memory hole when the local board I was using got shut down, although I suppose you could search back in Shamity's forums and see me before I got banned, again, if anything is still in the database from 2000 to about 2004.

In 2004 I got arrested, well, "detained", protesting the war/9-11/general fuckery of things, in NYC during the RNC.

"The Left" as I defined them in my OP are deserving of the slam.

In 2004 a half a MILLION people took to the streets of Manhattan and shut the city down.

Now, under O-Bomb-Ya, you'd be lucky if you could get a tenth of that number to turn out.

Most of the left are partisan douche-bags, just like, in fact worse than, the neo-cons.

Anti Federalist
12-23-2012, 12:37 AM

And there you have it.

Credibility, in gold.

idiom
12-23-2012, 02:36 AM
One thing the left has on the libertarians, is the concept of solidarity.

Thats something everyone has on us. We are the most paranoid fractured assembly of individuals I have ever met.

NorfolkPCSolutions
12-23-2012, 02:58 AM
Wow, UWDude. You really are a tiny-minded cocksucker, are you not?

Precisely whom here do you suppose gives a flock of flying flapping fucks about your actions through the years? The fact remains that the pendulum has swung in the opposite direction, as stated by respondents to the OP - until you shat upon the thread.

There's a my tribe/their tribe, us vs. them, red team vs. blue team mentality that has permeated politics from at least the Republican Revolution and Newt's Contract With Amurrica back in '94. Rush was on TV. There was no FOX News. There were few views allowed to be expressed on radio or television that didn't adhere to the left-wing narrative.

The pendulum swung right. GWB was elected, and he was a son of a bitch, a globalist, a NWO acolyte, and a traitor. Liberty was curtailed.

The 2000s saw the rise of social media, even more folks discovered this thing called the internet, and cell phones grew good cameras and quick web connections, allowing more of what son of a bitch, globalist, NWO acolyte types wanted hidden. 9/11, a really bad Toby Keith song, and the Patriot Act happened. The economic gravy train screeched to a halt one day as the housing market started pushing up the tulips. (If you don't get the joke there, go learn about the Tulip Bubble. Use your favorite search engine.)

The pendulum swung left. BHO was elected, and he is a son of a bitch, a globalist, a NWO acolyte, and a traitor. Liberty has been nearly obliterated.

See the pattern that has emerged? The politics of division produce division, and the most clear evidence of its success are dolts, such as yourself, who fail to see the larger picture. So, if you've read this far, and since you've essentially called out the entire fucking forums, I demand satisfaction, you dumb cunt:

1.) Do you see that this is the point of the thread?

2.) Do your near decade-old actions merit some kind of aggrandization from all of us here on the forums? I saw someone here give you a great big cookie. Did that make you feel better?

3.) Do you wear your underwear on the outside of your pants, like Doug did on Nickelodeon when HE was donning his superhero outfit? If so, pix or it didn't happen.

Now calm down, relax, realize that we're all pulling in the same direction, and you are not a unique snowflake, UWDude. We here are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world, and shit's about to get really real, really fast here in the USA. There's no time for petty fuckery as you've displayed in this thread.

Good thread, OP. Shut up, UWDude. We love you anyway! :)

UWDude
12-23-2012, 03:44 AM
Most of the left are partisan douche-bags, just like, in fact worse than, the neo-cons.

Fuckery is fuckery, and I don't think left or right is any better than the other.
And I do have to wonder how much bitching and moaning there will be about the TSA and wars will come from the right when a Republican is president.
Oh yeah, I don't have to wonder.
I guess I'll just wait 4 or 8 years, and then make a fucktarded thread about how the right is so silent on these things... ...or even cheering them now that their guy from the red team is in office.

UWDude
12-23-2012, 03:56 AM
1.) Do you see that this is the point of the thread?

2.) Do your near decade-old actions merit some kind of aggrandization from all of us here on the forums?

1) the point of this thread, is to demonize people based on assumptions of their changing beliefs. Worse, it is demonization of anti-war protesters based on the absurd assumption they are now pro-Obama drone bombings. A demonization of what is likely a handful of some of the best allies on your "left". Worse, it is a sad trope being passed around by people insistent on causing division.
Adam Kokesh, whom I still admire, just recently put out a video called "fuck the anti-war left". So this shit meme is suddenly picking up steam again, as if the left is to blame for the lack of protest.

No, my friends, it is not the liberals who are not trying to take action. It is you guys. Look in the mirror. Why are you criticizing people for doing less than they used to, when you all have done nothing? You want more war protests? Then contact these people, contact ANSWER and your hated CODE PINK, and tell them you want to organize marches. See how hard it is to do so. See what it feels like to march with 200 people down a street with cops trying to grab your wrists and pull you out for any infraction they can think of. You go ahead and try it. Then maybe I'll listen to you bitch. But until then, you all who are bitching about lack of action on the left are nothing but another useless pool of talkers who want others to go to the front lines for you. Generals sitting in their tents bemoaning your troops' lack of courage.

Get your own ass on the front, and feel the heat yourself, or STFU.

2) Near decades old? My last anti-war protest was a "No war with Iran" protest this March. One started mostly by Occupy members, not right-wing or libertarians. There are many on the left still outraged by our government's bloody dealings. And it was bigger than Adam Kokesh's marches.

Why are there not tens of thousands flooding the streets every week? Because organizing a protest is hard, and the numbers of protests and size of protests dropped off quickly, many years before Obama was elected.

But I got to say, if you want to bitch about the lack of protests, slamming the left for it is the wrong direction, since they were the ones actually protesting.

Action is possible, but you all must learn what solidarity means. Yes, 99%. Ain't going to happen if you refuse to lock arms with code pink because you disagree with their feminist outlook, (or whatever it is so many of you hate about Code Pink, I have no idea why so many of you do, honestly).

UWDude
12-23-2012, 04:07 AM
Good thread, OP. Shut up, UWDude. We love you anyway! :)

No, I am not going to shut up.
Why do I post here?
Because you all are my favorite group of people in the world. Yup.
In fact, Anti-Federalist already knows I have a man-crush on him.
But I am going to grind in your faces your irrational hatred of people you don't know.
And any thread that starts with demonization of left or right, really makes me wonder do you get it yet, or not?
Why play into the hands of divide and conquer?
It is so easy to do. The best way to play divide and conquer is to present your enemy with a crisis, caused by yourself. Like an invasion.
Then, you simply woo one side, and try to deal with them. How to deal with a common enemy becomes the most divisive issue amongst the members of the resistance. It soon becomes so divisive, that people think their own allies are the enemy, over piddly shit, like, say, "why aren't they fighting harder?"
Look at the history of any revolution, uprising or colonization. The Hutus vs. Tutsi's was started only a little over a hundred years ago by this very tactic. So much so it is called "ethnic" when in fact, the only difference in ethnicity is one group of people was favored over the other by the British government. They all speak the same language and have the same culture!
You forgot who the enemy was, and I assure you, of all the mindless drones out there, the anti-war protester is one of your best friends, whether they come from left or right.

This smacks of Rovian tactics, where a great strength is turned to a weakness, whilst a weakness is lauded as a great strength. Wake the fuck up, people.

Antischism
12-23-2012, 06:29 AM
UWDude, I agree with what you're trying to say, but you're being a dick about it. On top of that, you come off as if you're bragging about going to 'x' amount of protests. No one's going to take you seriously if you're attacking them.

I'm also sick of the name calling and divisiveness. I think part of the reason for that is the fact that a lot of people in the liberty movement were former neo-cons. That's not a bad thing though, because they've learned and are waking up. We all have to start somewhere. Both the left and right can be as bad as one another, and there really is no difference in the end.

I wish everyone could put the differences aside and unite for a cause like protesting the war. I mean, even Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich can put their differences aside. Why can't we?

truelies
12-23-2012, 06:38 AM
Anyone here willing to simply step up and admit that BOTH Bush and Obama are war criminal tyrant pieces of shit?

UWDude
12-23-2012, 08:15 AM
Anyone here willing to simply step up and admit that BOTH Bush and Obama are war criminal tyrant pieces of shit?

Of course, all here can agree on that. If not, they don't get it yet.
Unless of course, you want to paint both Bush and Obama as hapless tools, way over their heads, and therefore relying on their handlers for every move they make.
Which is more how I see it.
Plus, politically, calling for the heads of presidents is impossible.
Getting Kissinger and Holder in prison, may not be so impossible.

UWDude
12-23-2012, 08:17 AM
UWDude, I agree with what you're trying to say, but you're being a dick about it. On top of that, you come off as if you're bragging about going to 'x' amount of protests. No one's going to take you seriously if you're attacking them.

I am "bragging" about X number of protests, because I AM THE ANTI-WAR "LEFT".
We didn't stop... ...you never joined us.

Dr.3D
12-23-2012, 12:44 PM
And there you have it.

Credibility, in gold.
Well, it seemed UWDude thought he had a monopoly on war protest and I was trying to make him aware we have been protesting war since before he was even born.

Now that he has admitted (in post 69 where he says "I AM THE ANTI-WAR "LEFT") he is part of the liberal left that was protesting the war under W Bush, we can understand why he is upset with this thread.

Back in the 60s, the protests were so great, the war was finally ended in the third year of the 70s. Of course that didn't put an end to war. Of course not, those on Capitol hill are always finding ways to get the United States involved, yet again in the affairs of another country, half way around the world.

UWDude
12-23-2012, 02:31 PM
Back in the 60s, the protests were so great, the war was finally ended in the third year of the 70s. Of course that didn't put an end to war. Of course not, those on Capitol hill are always finding ways to get the United States involved, yet again in the affairs of another country, half way around the world.

That's the "stabbed in the back narrative"
Truth is, the U.S. dropped more bombs on Vietnam and Cambodia than was dropped during world war II.
The U.S. lost Vietnam. Protests didn't force the marines to flee the embassy in Saigon.

And I have a feeling, back in the sixties, if you were protesting Vietnam, you more than likely were coming a bit from "the left", eh?

Dr.3D
12-23-2012, 02:36 PM
That's the "stabbed in the back narrative"
Truth is, the U.S. dropped more bombs on Vietnam and Cambodia than we dropped during world war II.
The U.S. lost Vietnam. Protests didn't force the marines to flee the embassy in Saigon.

And I have a feeling, back in the sixties, if you were protesting Vietnam, you more than likely were coming a bit from "the left", eh?
As now, I didn't have an affiliation with either the "left" or the "right". I am an independent, with no alliance to either the "left" or the "right". You can't put me so neatly into a box like that.

UWDude
12-23-2012, 02:42 PM
As now, I didn't have an affiliation with either the "left" or the "right". I am an independent, with no alliance to either the "left" or the "right". You can't put me so neatly into a box like that.

When is the last time you voted democrat for president?
McGovern?
Please.
You know damn well this "anti-war left is teh hypocrites!!1!!" meme is divisive.

Dr.3D
12-23-2012, 02:55 PM
When is the last time you voted democrat for president?
McGovern?
Please.
You know damn well this "anti-war left is teh hypocrites!!1!!" meme is divisive.
With the exception of Reagan, none of those I have voted for became president. I didn't vote for him because he was either "left" or "right" but instead, because I believed he would do what he said he would do. I was once again disappointed.

shane77m
12-23-2012, 04:46 PM
http://ivn.us/2012/12/07/could-the-anti-war-movement-reemerge-in-obamas-second-term/

During President Barack Obama’s first term, he ramped up the war in Afghanistan and tried to extend the war in Iraq. He kept the Guantanamo Bay detention facility open, expanded the US drone program, and kept Robert Gates, who served as defense secretary under George W. Bush, in his cabinet.

Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) said in an interview this week, “It’s a matter of fact that much of the Obama administration’s foreign policy is a continuation of the Bush administration’s foreign policy.”

In 2008, Obama was seen as the anti-war candidate in the Democratic primary race against Hillary Clinton. She had initially supported the war, while Obama had opposed it. However, two years into his first term, President Obama proposed keeping troops in Iraq past the date outlined in the Bush administration’s withdrawal agreement. The Iraqi government declined the proposal.

Yet, despite this and new military operations, which included the targeted killing of an American citizen, the antiwar movement has measurably declined since Obama took office in 2009. Now that Democrats have secured another term in the White House, however, some, like Kucinich, are hopeful the anti-war movement will re-emerge.

“The party and the movement have come to fuel each other,” said Michael Heaney, a political science researcher at the University of Michigan. “The movement grew on this anti-Bush opposition. Once Bush was gone, that really pulled the legs out from the antiwar movement.”

A 2012 Washington Post-ABC News poll showed a majority of self-described “liberal Democrats” supported keeping the Guantanamo Bay detention facility operating and more than three-fourths of them supported the use of armed drones. Those are two issues many Democrats attacked Bush on for years.

Either the anti-war movement has declined or the media is covering it up. According to this article the majority of the anti-war movement was simply fueled by a hatred of Bush. Something that I have come to believe from talking with Obama supporters.