PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the department of truth

tangent4ronpaul
12-21-2012, 03:41 PM
http://guardianlv.com/2012/12/update-police-arrest-man-who-glorified-newtown-tragedy-on-facebook/

What is Being Covered Up? Update – Pittsburgh Police Arrest Man Who Glorified Newtown Tragedy on Facebook

Yesterday I reported on a breaking news story about the man who “glorified Newtown tragedy on Facebook”; today, I tried to find out some information on the same story in order to do a follow up story. I went to the website where I initially looked for source information, WPXI.com; there was no information on the story. Then, I looked on Brandon Hudson’s Twitter account and found a dead-end; his feed on the story left off at the same place where I had picked up my original story.

My next move was to Google the original material I was seeking, I typed in “Police find weapons in Lawrenceville home” and came across a link. Much to my surprise, the links I found to the story were all “dead” links. When I clicked on them the stories had all been removed, even though they were less than a day old.

Finally, I found a website that proved promising; Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association had a forum where I found they were discussing the topic that had me cruising the Internet tonight. As I read through the posts, I found a link to the article I was searching for, the live broadcast of the coverage from the raid on the home in Lawrenceville, PA, yesterday. As it turns out, a member of the site had cached the article.

I read through some of the discussions and, while I may not agree with them, I understand the frustration some of the gun owners are facing in this country today. There has been no clear statement made as to why this man was targeted, other than “officers have been monitoring social media platforms more recently in hopes of tracking down crimes.” (webcache.googleuser.content.com)

According to the report, the raid turned up several hand guns, rifles, and ammunition.

While it may be considered “tacky” to comment at all about what happened at the school in Newtown, CT, there is nothing being said about what comments were made on Facebook; for all anybody knows, he could have been upholding his Second Amendment right to bear arms.

However, now he might need to protect his First Amendment, freedom of speech.

My concern, though, is why the links to the “Breaking News” stories are all dead; why was it such an important story last night, but now I cannot find any information on it except for the fact that somebody on a pro-gun site decided to preserve a copy? I have never been one to believe in conspiracy theories, but I believe in honesty, and if the information is available it should be provided.

I was once involved in a very important trial; there was mounds of evidence available for the prosecution and the defense to show to the jury, the common people selected to decide the fate of the woman on trial. However, the judge was allowed to determine the relevance of each piece of information and whether or not it was germane to the case.

The idea that all of the facts are not significant to a case, or that one man, when we are all equal, is allowed to decide what is pertinent or not, is absurd. If we are to live in a free country, the United States of America, we have a right to all of the information available, not what is censored by the police, the government, or the media.

Why are the links dead? I have no idea what is being hidden.

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-10/195149-lawercenville-pa-weapons-seizure.html

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:g9sjOsxm_C0J:www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/police-find-arsenal-weapons-inside-lawrenceville-h/nTbRc/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Original Article

Pittsburgh Police Arrest Man Who Glorified Newtown Tragedy on Facebook

Police in Lawrenceville have just taken three people of a Foster Street residence into custody; one man is suspected of glorifying the Newtown, CT, shootings on Facebook.

At this time, the police are not commenting on whether or not the man was making threats; however, weapons have been found in the home.

It is believed the man is likely being detained due to a prior probation issue.

A live update will be televised on Pittsburgh’s local Channel 11 news at 11 o’ clock news EST.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
12-21-2012, 03:43 PM
Another one that is getting next to no coverage:

Sources: East Windsor Gun Shop Sold Guns Used At HDI And In Newtown
http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/newtown-sandy-hook-school-shooting/hc-east-windsor-gun-shop-1221-20121220,0,5722947.story

The guns used in last two mass murders in Connecticut were purchased at same East Windsor gun shop.

Records show that Omar Thornton, who killed eight people and himself at Hartford Distributors Inc. in 2010, purchased both the Glock and Walthers pistols he used at the Riverview Gun Sales shop on Prospect Hill Road.

Sources investigating the mass shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown have said that the Bushmaster rifle used by the gunman Adam Lanza was purchased at that same shop by his mother Nancy Lanza.

All three guns were purchased legally, according to police reports from the HDI shooting and sources investigating Newtown case.

On Thursday, agents from the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, as well as local police officers, raided the gun shop and removed records. ATF officials called the East Windsor raid a law enforcement operation that is a spinoff from another investigation.

ATF spokeswoman Debra Seifert said Friday she had not information about the raid.

Other law enforcement sources said Nancy Lanza bought one of several weapons she owned at Riverview Gun Sales. But those sources said the interest of federal agents in the store grew out of events at the store that are not related to Nancy Lanza's purchase.

The sources said that Nancy Lanza's guns appear to have been purchased legally and registered properly.

Lanza, who lived with his mother, shot her repeatedly in the head before driving to the school and killing the first grade students and educators. Authorities have said Lanza used a Bushmaster .223-caliber, semiautomatic rifle purchased by his mother. Lanza shot himself as police arrived at the school.

Three law enforcement sources said Nancy Lanza bought the Bushmaster rifle at the East Windsor store. But Seifert declined to discuss the purchase of the rifle, and the owners of the store could not be reached Thursday. A telephone recording said the store was closed in "respect" for the deaths in Newtown.

The arrival of ATF agents at the store Thursday was not the first time they have visited it. Since the shootings on Dec.14, ATF agents have visited stores and shooting ranges where Nancy Lanza is believed to have purchased guns, as well as target ranges where she is believed to have shot with her son Adam.

Seifert said Thursday that neither Nancy nor Adam Lanza are believed to have engaged in target shooting over the last six months.

Two law enforcement sources said that, on Thursday, ATF agents returned to the store to re-examine records that they had examined on a prior visit.

On Saturday, a South Windsor man — who had received a suspended prison sentence and two years probation in May on charges of stealing a dozen rifles and shotguns from Riverview Sales — tried to steal a sniper rifle from the same store, police said.

Jordan Marsh, 26, pleaded guilty May 10 to a single count of stealing a firearm and received a suspended prison sentence and two years of probation.

According to East Windsor police, on Saturday, Marsh grabbed a Bushmaster .50-caliber rifle from Riverview Sales valued at $5,000 and ran from the store. When store employees confronted Marsh, he pulled a knife, then fled on foot. Police officers eventually caught and arrested him.

In June 2007 a Somers man who occasionally worked at Riverview Sales was charged with stealing 33 guns from the business. In that case the store's owner, David E. Laguercia, contacted ATF after determining his store could not account for 33 firearms. Video surveillance showed the man taking two guns.

In March 2008 that man pleaded no contest to two counts of stealing a firearm from the store and received an 18-month suspended prison sentence.

-t

Indy Vidual
12-21-2012, 06:25 PM
+Rep for breaking the original story.