PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion! - HOWTO Maximize our USA Today potential! PLEASE READ AND ACT!

EvilNight
11-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Today (the 21st), every time you come across a copy of the USA Today (be it in a doctor's waiting office, or your own employer's break room) - turn the page to the Open Letter To The American People and leave it sitting there with the letter face up. This could generate us some extra exposure. I'm walking around my employer's business after this post and doing the same thing in every break room.

Now, after today, we don't want those to go to waste. That's a fine advertisement! If the paper is about to be thrown away or wasted, cut that page out and save the ad, and leave it somewhere conspicuous (thumb-tacked to a poster board, magnets on a refrigerator, etc.) Don't be crass or rude about it, just place it somewhere that it'll get more eyes.

Think about it. We just had millions of advertisements for Ron Paul printed up for us. That's a hell of a return on $100K, and one we can spread out with a little creative thinking.

Keep an eye on this thread. Let us know when you find a creative use for any used copies of the USA today. If you like you can snap photos of the ad in different places and post them on flickr, then link us to them. Let's see if we can create ourselves a little gallery of activism here and get some extra mileage out of a simple newspaper ad.

Go go good team!

Mark Rushmore
11-21-2007, 10:43 AM
If the paper is about to be thrown away or wasted, cut that page out and save the ad,[/B] and leave it somewhere conspicuous (thumb-tacked to a poster board, magnets on a refrigerator, etc.) Don't be crass or rude about it, just place it somewhere that it'll get more eyes.

If a paper was really about to be thrown away, I'd just leave the whole paper in a bus stop or train station or restaurant lobby or wherever someone is likely to pick it up out of boredom - not caring about the date. The ad gets credibility by being in the paper - we could always print off our own 'duplicates' for poster boards and the like.

My 2 cents.

EvilNight
11-21-2007, 10:47 AM
This is true and I'm sure plenty of people will do it. I just wanted to get the idea into everyone's heads that if they see a USA Today, they take notice and take the extra ten seconds out of their day to expose our message. :D

Every time someone does that it could mean a few more $100 on Dec 16th.

It would be AWESOME if that ad made some appearances at people's homes during thanksgiving. Ron is just about the only political candidate that is worthy of a thanksgiving family discussion.

Mark Rushmore
11-21-2007, 10:48 AM
It would be AWESOME if that ad made some appearances at people's homes during thanksgiving. Ron is just about the only political candidate that is worthy of a thanksgiving family discussion.

Just wait till someone complains about a problem in the world - whatever that problem is - there's a Ron Paul solution waiting to be dispensed ;).

A Ron Paul Rebel
11-21-2007, 10:56 AM
Excellent idea!!!

Question_Authority
11-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Bring it to Thanksgiving Dinner and open it up to get a conversation going with your family!

Mark
11-21-2007, 04:54 PM
I'm forwarding this to you all because the Gentleman make a very valid point! -Don

ugh, does it make sense to you for all 100,000 of Ron Paul's supporters to run out and buy one or more copy of this newspaper before someone who does not know Ron Paul, has a chance to purchase one? I figure the guy who sent you this email meant well, but have you not noticed over the last few weeks that emails are being circulated that can a harmful effect to the campaign, and this is because no-one stops to think what the ramifications are of forwarding just this one email to your friends and family...

each of us needs to be a filter. We gotta stop letting the crap get through. For example, all this with the now canceled Iowa debate. "He's not in" "He's in" "He's not, call the Iowa GOP and cuss them out" "No I just got off the phone with the campaign, HE IS IN" "NO I got off the phone with Iowa, they said Ron Paul and his supporters, we're tired of harassing calls and emails"

see? whether through altruistic means or means more nefarious, this informal email tree is being used to the detriment of our stated cause.

back to the newspapers, if you must have one, please go to your local store, and ask the guy or girl in charge of the papers (probably graveyard shift) to hold any not sold, and you will buy them before the next paper goes on sale

**Please note:**

(btw, this paper is on the stands for TWO days because of Thanksgiving, the guy who bought the ad knows his stuff, lets not sabotage his hundred thousand dollar effort).

Most likely this will cause the retailer to leave the papers on the rack as long as possible.

Viva La Revolucion

Curtis
Your smile counts. The more smiles you share, the more we donate. Join in! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/www.windowslive.com/smile?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Wave2_oprsmilewlhmtagline)

--
This message was sent by Don Mooney (donmooney@hotmail.com) from The Pasadena Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group.
To learn more about Don Mooney, visit his/her member profile (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1/members/4173713/)
To unsubscribe, click here (http://www.meetup.com/account/?tab=comm)

Meetup.com Customer Service: support@meetup.com
632 Broadway New York NY 10012 USA

Mark
11-21-2007, 05:10 PM

The ad, sized to fit a 17 inch monitor, can be found at the link below:

"LWL's Nov 21st USA Today ad"

http://revmark.org/forumfiles/paul/af.htm

mport1
11-21-2007, 05:16 PM
I've been buying copies and putting them with the ad on top in places that they will get read a lot.