PDA

View Full Version : ***NRA PRESSER. LIVE THREAD**** F&*^ you Wayne, you loathsome piece of slime.

Peace Piper
12-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Tie yer shoelaces tight if you wade into this swarm of fools.

Posted so everyone knows what they're up against.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022046793

examples:

MANative (1,410 posts)
5. This man is a killer. A murderer.

F&*( him.

backscatter712 (17,622 posts)
200. He's an evil subhuman psychopath.

He'll scream about registering gun owners or licensing people to possess deadly weapons, then in the very next sentence, demand that people with mental illnesses be ostracized and treated like lepers.

F&*( that murder-succoring cockroach.

200 posts plus. Scary.

FSP-Rebel
12-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Well, from what I heard on the radio today, Wayne/NRA went on record saying there should be a police officer in every school and a register of all who have mental illnesses. So, 100k schools times ~$35k/year = gtfo to the NRA in my mind.

erowe1
12-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Seriously, NRA, just say you'll oppose any gun restrictions and leave other issues alone.

shane77m
12-21-2012, 12:16 PM
The same idiots on there spouting about the evils of guns and the NRA are the same people that voted the child killer into the office of president twice.

nobody's_hero
The left attacks the NRA for supposedly being 'extreme' in much the same way that they attacked Paul Ryan's deficit plan for being 'extreme.'

When uninspiring 'moderates' become the 'extremes', what does that say about us? Either we take the damned media airwaves back from the leftists and RINOs, or we'll be ridiculed into extinction.

Brett85
Well, from what I heard on the radio today, Wayne/NRA went on record saying there should be a police officer in every school and a register of all who have mental illnesses. So, 100k schools times ~$35k/year = gtfo to the NRA in my mind.

How exactly do you determine who has a "mental illness?" There are over 100 million people in the United States who take prescription anti depressants. Do all of these people have a "mental illness?"

Dr.3D
12-21-2012, 12:18 PM
How exactly do you determine who has a "mental illness?" There are over 100 million people in the United States who take prescription anti depressants. Do all of these people have a "mental illness?"
Judging from what I've seen on Youtube, there are a lot of people that have undiagnosed "mental illnesses" in the police force.

nobody's_hero
12-21-2012, 12:19 PM
We do realize that's how they want to disarm veterans, right? Ask any veteran why he's never been to see a psychiatrist about his PTSD. If you've ever gotten so much as a Christmas card from a mental health facility the gov't will say you're unfit to be armed.

Dr.3D
12-21-2012, 12:21 PM
We do realize that's how they want to disarm veterans, right? Ask any veteran why he's never been to see a psychiatrist about his PTSD. If you've ever gotten so much as a Christmas card from a mental health facility the gov't will say you're unfit to be armed.
^^^ This! ^^^

Brett85
12-21-2012, 12:21 PM

That's what Senator Coburn was speaking about on the Senate floor.

erowe1
12-21-2012, 12:25 PM

Good question.

And what exactly is the current law on this?

When you buy a gun you have to check a box on the form that says you're not mentally ill. I've always wondered what has to be true about a person for them to be legally obligated to check the box saying they are.

cbrons
12-21-2012, 12:27 PM

That number is way high. There are probably tens of millions on psych drugs (anti-depressants being just 1 class). Are we going to ban people with OCD from owning guns? People with panic attacks? People with some phobias? I mean give me a break. And you rightfully point out "who would determine"? So far as I can tell most of the people who do these shootings go undiagnosed. So what are we going to do? Lock up every shy/quiet kid in a mental ward? I'm sure there many "tolerant leftists" would say yes, because ultimately they are a bunch of hypocrites.

The spectrum of "mental illness" that would make one a true danger to themselves or others is quite narrow.

torchbearer
12-21-2012, 12:28 PM
The left attacks the NRA for supposedly being 'extreme' in much the same way that they attacked Paul Ryan's deficit plan for being 'extreme.'

When uninspiring 'moderates' become the 'extremes', what does that say about us? Either we take the damned media airwaves back from the leftists and RINOs, or we'll be ridiculed into extinction. this is the false debate Ron always talked about... the progressives vs. progressives arguing about minute differences in big government policy. that's the "left/right" debate. which is why they fought Ron so hard. he was actually real change.

tangent4ronpaul
12-21-2012, 12:34 PM

150k schools

-t

Anti Federalist
12-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Enough talk...

I've had quite enough of people wanting to kill me for exercising my rights.

Nobody will secede, nobody will divorce...OK fine.

Open fire or shut the fuck up.

QuickZ06
12-21-2012, 12:46 PM
WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
Add a 100% tax to the purchase of all firearms to fund additional police and access to mental healthcare resources.
Our nation is in crisis due to easy access of firearms, not enough access to mental healthcare resources and too few law enforcement personnel.

In the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary school massacre the NRA has called for stationing armed police at each public school to provide protection for our children.

We propose a 100% tax on the purchase of all firearms and ammunition, the proceeds shall be used to strengthen the mental healthcare system nationwide and hire 250,000 new police personnel to guard our schools.

WTF!!!!!!!!!

CaptUSA
12-21-2012, 12:53 PM
If anyone need more proof that the NRA is working against us, here ya go!

With friends like this, who needs enemas? ;)

GOA FTW!

Brett85
12-21-2012, 12:57 PM
At least Wayne isn't calling for more gun control laws. I could care less whether he thinks there should be an armed guard in every school or not. He doesn't have any control over that issue.

supermario21
12-21-2012, 01:00 PM
The problem is that the NRA is being labeled extremist by the MSM and we're saying it's too far to the left essentially. We are going to have to at least support the NRA in terms of no new laws so it doesn't look like we are weak.

Acala
12-21-2012, 01:02 PM
At least Wayne isn't calling for more gun control laws. I could care less whether he thinks there should be an armed guard in every school or not. He doesn't have any control over that issue.

Exactly. It isn't a bad response at all. It deflects some heat with a real proposal, but a proposal that will never fly because of the cost.

Kodaddy
12-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Why stop there? Let's put a cop in every house!

Anti Federalist
12-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Can anybody tell me if I'm losing my mind or not?

What pris...erm, "school" does not already have a full time cop on its campus?

Anti Federalist
12-21-2012, 01:06 PM

Coming soon, Mundane, coming soon.

Acala
12-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Good question.

And what exactly is the current law on this?

When you buy a gun you have to check a box on the form that says you're not mentally ill. I've always wondered what has to be true about a person for them to be legally obligated to check the box saying they are.

I think it says "have you ever been adjudicated mentally incompetent" but I'm not sure.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-21-2012, 01:12 PM

Can I have a cop in every room? Sometimes there are people in different rooms at the same time, and one cop can't be everywhere at once.

shane77m
12-21-2012, 01:15 PM

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/12/19/national-strategy-information-sharing-and-safeguarding

http://us.gizmodo.com/5958094/microsoft-is-turning-kinect-into-a-narc

http://www.lazygamer.net/xbox-360/kinect-is-spying-on-you/

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2008/05/05/cell-phone-spying-is-your-life-being-monitored/

http://www.mobiledia.com/news/133591.html

Some things to think about.

coastie
12-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Can anybody tell me if I'm losing my mind or not?

What pris...erm, "school" does not already have a full time cop on its campus?

Not as many as some think. I actually go my kid's schools quite a bit(middle and elementary), and only recall seeing the SRO there once at the middle school in the last 3 years. Elementary school doesn't have one.

I know the high schools in our area(4 of them), all have SRO's there full time. I'm sure its different in every state.

deadfish
12-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Not a bad presser overall. I'm not an NRA member so I was only looking out for the "common sense gun laws" sentence. It never came.

Good enough for me.

Joined GOA though, fwiw.

cjm
12-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Not a bad presser overall. I'm not an NRA member so I was only looking out for the "common sense gun laws" sentence. It never came.

Good enough for me.

Joined GOA though, fwiw.

Don't forget those State organizations like VCDL (http://www.vcdl.org/).

I think I'll add that to my sig later.

cbrons
12-21-2012, 03:07 PM
The fact is, the NRA NEVER should have held a press conference. A short and simple press release on Monday or Tuesday would have sufficed: "Gun Free zones are victim zones, law-abiding cititzens are not responsible, gun control didn't work in this case, we will not support any more gun control in fact we actively support repeal on gun free zone laws and arming law abiding school admins. Insert some facts here. End release"

The fact they had a scheduled news conference was awful PR on their part. Just awful. It gave these leftist hacks something to put on the calendar and prepare for and thus put all their energy into spinning and using to their advantage in the war to convince the average idiot news consumer that guns are bad. Also, it reinvigorated the public interest in the gun debate, which was just starting to die down amongst the average sheeple voter.

Bad moves like this make one wonder if the NRA has turncoat government agents advising them on PR or if they are really just that stupid. Here I am, a guy in his 20s with a small radio show and 0 political or public relations experience who knows this is obvious.

On the other hand, it was good they didn't call for more gun control or say they'd support it. That would have been a total disaster.

Acala
12-21-2012, 03:19 PM
The fact is, the NRA NEVER should have held a press conference. A short and simple press release on Monday or Tuesday would have sufficed: "Gun Free zones are victim zones, law-abiding cititzens are not responsible, gun control didn't work in this case, we will not support any more gun control in fact we actively support repeal on gun free zone laws and arming law abiding school admins. Insert some facts here. End release"

The fact they had a scheduled news conference was awful PR on their part. Just awful. It gave these leftist hacks something to put on the calendar and prepare for and thus put all their energy into spinning and using to their advantage in the war to convince the average idiot news consumer that guns are bad. Also, it reinvigorated the public interest in the gun debate, which was just starting to die down amongst the average sheeple voter.

Bad moves like this make one wonder if the NRA has turncoat government agents advising them on PR or if they are really just that stupid. Here I am, a guy in his 20s with a small radio show and 0 political or public relations experience who knows this is obvious.

On the other hand, it was good they didn't call for more gun control or say they'd support it. That would have been a total disaster.

I think your approach would have been better. But this wasn't bad. Part of the problem is that the NRA is a large, cumbersome entity. I suspect it takes them some time to hammer out a strategy. They probably also consult key congressional allies before they do anything publicly.

tangent4ronpaul
12-21-2012, 03:20 PM
WTF!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't that violate the no new taxes pledge?

-t

cbrons
12-21-2012, 03:47 PM
I think your approach would have been better. But this wasn't bad. Part of the problem is that the NRA is a large, cumbersome entity. I suspect it takes them some time to hammer out a strategy. They probably also consult key congressional allies before they do anything publicly.

+Rep. They probably did, but even so there's no way this should have happened. What they need to do now is a full court press on all those wobbly morons like this putz from West Virgina Joe Manchin and that other one in Virgina, Mark Warner. We need to push back or this ban is going to happen.

Brian4Liberty
12-21-2012, 03:53 PM

Obviously the NRA is a statist organization.

IDefendThePlatform
12-21-2012, 03:54 PM
GOA FTW

I just joined. It's only $20/year.

Eliminating the criminal empowerment ("gun free") zones should be priority #1. Eliminating restrictions on owning and carrying firearms generally should also be a priority so that more of the good guys carry them.

I knew the NRA would disappoint me.

Brian4Liberty
12-21-2012, 04:08 PM
But having armed security on-site failed to prevent the deadliest mass murder at an American high school.

In 1999, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold killed 15 people and wounded 23 more at Columbine High School. The destruction occurred despite the fact that there was an armed security officer at the school and another one nearby -- exactly what LaPierre argued on Friday was the answer to stopping "a bad guy with a gun."

Deputy Neil Gardner was a 15-year veteran of the Jefferson County, Colo., Sheriff’s Office assigned as the uniformed officer at Columbine. According to an account compiled by the police department, Gardner fired on Harris but was unsuccessful in stopping him:

Gardner, seeing Harris working with his gun, leaned over the top of the car and fired four shots. He was 60 yards from the gunman. Harris spun hard to the right and Gardner momentarily thought he had hit him. Seconds later, Harris began shooting again at the deputy.

After the exchange of gunfire, Harris ran back into the building. Gardner was able to get on the police radio and called for assistance from other Sheriff’s units. "Shots in the building. I need someone in the south lot with me."

The second officer was Deputy Paul Smoker, a motorcycle patrolman who was near the school writing a speeding ticket. When he heard a dispatch of a woman injured at the high school, he responded. He, too, fired at Harris but didn't stop him.

LaPierre said having armed security on the scene is necessary so someone is there to shoot back. "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun," he said. "Would you rather have your 911 call bring a good guy with a gun from a mile away -- or a minute away?"

But in chaotic situations, it's often impossible to identify the "bad guy," as Smoker said in his account of Columbine: "There was an unknown inside a school. We didn't know who the 'bad guy' was but we soon realized the sophistication of their weapons. These were big bombs. Big guns. We didn’t have a clue who 'they' were."

Research also has shown that highly visible efforts to increase school safety -- such as armed guards -- make children feel less safe at school, undermining their ability to learn.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/21/columbine-armed-guards_n_2347096.html

The anti-gun left is using that as an example of why armed guards will not help.

I tend to agree with this reasoning. Most hired security is off duty law enforcement. They will behave like law enforcement. Protecting themselves is first priority. Calling for back-up and instructions from superiors is part of their training. Certainly there are some exceptions, but in general, they set-up a perimeter. They are not in the classroom.

On the other hand, teachers and Principals are in the school, and are familiar with the students and the situation. They know if someone is shooting students. They are on the front line, and in the best position to take action, if the extremely rare situation of a shooter occurs at their school.

Anti Federalist
12-21-2012, 04:08 PM
GOA FTW

Eliminating the criminal empowerment ("gun free") zones should be priority #1. Eliminating restrictions on owning and carrying firearms generally should also be a priority so that more of the good guys carry them.

Remember too, that they fought Heller tooth and nail until they couldn't anymore.

Acala
12-21-2012, 04:11 PM
The anti-gun left is using that as an example of why armed guards will not help.

I tend to agree with this reasoning. Most hired security is off duty law enforcement. They will behave like law enforcement. Protecting themselves is first priority. Calling for back-up and instructions from superiors is part of their training. Certainly there are some exceptions, but in general, they set-up a perimeter. They are not in the classroom.

On the other hand, teachers and Principals are in the school, and are familiar with the students and the situation. They know if someone is shooting students. They are on the front line, and in the best position to take action, if the extremely rare situation of a shooter occurs at their school.

Agreed. The full answwer is get government out of education and end the gun-free victim zones.

Acala
12-21-2012, 04:13 PM
GOA FTW

GOA is pure on the second amendment, but it will be the NRA that puts the pressure on the waffling legislators. GOA just doesn't have the clout inside the beltway.

Acala
12-21-2012, 04:19 PM

Armed teachers and other staff are also an unknown quantity to the attacker. He could identify a cop and take him out but with armed staff he wouldn't know where resistance would come from.

Brian4Liberty
12-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Armed teachers and other staff are also an unknown quantity to the attacker. He could identify a cop and take him out but with armed staff he wouldn't know where resistance would come from.

Good point.

TheTexan
12-21-2012, 07:18 PM
GOA is pure on the second amendment, but it will be the NRA that puts the pressure on the waffling legislators. GOA just doesn't have the clout inside the beltway.

The media is running the narrative hard that most NRA members are "responsible gun owners who agree that we need registration and mental health checks, and don't really need an assault rifle." The stories are filled with quotes from self-described gun loving NRA members who want these gun restrictions to pass.

I don't see the NRA stepping up to correct them. Just sayin'

Brett85
12-21-2012, 07:23 PM
The stories are filled with quotes from self-described gun loving NRA members who want these gun restrictions to pass.

I've seen those quotes. Those quotes are from liberal NRA members who post at the Daily Kos.

tod evans
12-21-2012, 07:41 PM
How exactly do you determine who has a "mental illness?"

Some double-digiter (IQ) federal employee will make that call thank you.