PDA

View Full Version : Dozens of Mich. schools close amid threats, rumors

aGameOfThrones
12-21-2012, 06:24 AM
A Lapeer-area superintendent, Matt Wandrie, said rumors of violence had become a major distraction for students and staff and disrupted learning. Additionally, he said in a message to parents, "rumors connected to the Mayan calendar predicted end of the world on Friday have also surfaced."

Friday is the day when some people believe ancient Mayan calendars predicted the world would end.

"Although we in the county are reluctant to cancel school because the rumors are unsubstantiated, we feel it is the most appropriate decision," Wandrie said in his message.

Michelle Muncy, who owns Buckz Cutz barber shop in Lapeer and has two teens in school, said officials made the right call. She gave her boys a chore list, including putting lights on a reindeer decoration.

"It's the safety of children first," Muncy said. "You never know what crazy person could walk in."

In Oklahoma, Bartlesville schools won't reopen until the new year after someone reported an armed man near a school Tuesday. He may have been a hunter. Minot, N.D., schools also scratched Friday classes when rumors circulated that students were going to bring guns to class. Many parents already had said they were keeping kids home as a precaution.

http://news.yahoo.com/dozens-mich-schools-close-amid-threats-rumors-195523483.html

itshappening
12-21-2012, 06:45 AM
Snyder just re-affirmed that Mich schools are to stay gun free zone's or mass murder target zones by vetoing a bill that would have allowed teachers to be armed.

idiot.

CaptUSA
12-21-2012, 06:54 AM
I really don't understand the fear of guns. When I see a gun pointed, I may fear the person pointing it, but I see the gun as a tool.

Likewise, I don't fear cars everytime a car accident happens. Someone sees a guy hunting and mayhem ensues? Where are we going with this, America?

Imagine if they stopped running school buses everytime there was a school bus crash.