PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday in New Hampshire

A Ron Paul Rebel
11-21-2007, 10:23 AM
Where in New Hampshire is the best place (and what stores are the best) to distribute slimjims and show videos?

Jessie, I haven't seen an email to the meetups yet.
How about the rest of you meetup organizers, have you sent a 'Black Friday email' yet?

A Ron Paul Rebel

fez2008
11-21-2007, 10:25 AM
May be infront of stores early in the morning to holiday shoppers? You can get thousands of people who have nothing much to think about for 1 or 2 hours..

A Ron Paul Rebel
11-21-2007, 10:29 AM
May be infront of stores early in the morning to holiday shoppers? You can get thousands of people who have nothing much to think about for 1 or 2 hours..

:) We got that much. My question was about 'in what town' and 'at what stores' would be best in order to have the greatest impact per populace and per dempgraphic.

fez2008
11-21-2007, 10:35 AM
:) We got that much. My question was about 'in what town' and 'at what stores' would be best in order to have the greatest impact per populace and per dempgraphic.

Sorry :p Morning dizzyness.. I didn't read all that you wrote. I dunno much about NH. Probably a smaller city where RP is less known... I think he visited northern country recently so salem, portsmouth or dover might be good..

A Ron Paul Rebel
11-21-2007, 11:03 AM
bump for more info.

jgmaynard
11-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Depends on what you want to reach for an audience - brief rundown:

The north of NH is probably the highest vote-getting total for him, and he just came from there, so you'd be striking while the iron is hot. Best subject: Low tax stuff. Don't be afraid to say "END the Income Tax." - We are the last state in the uniion with neither a sales nor income tax and even our Dems are afraid to support any broadbased tax. Towns: Berlin, Littleton, Bethlehem.

Southeast: The most Bostonized of the areas of NH, Romney has some support there, but the advantage we have there is that it is also one of the heaviest anti-war areas of the state. Subject: Romney will continue the war. Ron will end it. Cites: Dover, Portsmouth, Rye (Big bucks!).

Central: The most urban part of NH - You might think this area would be liberal, but the Rs just won mayorships in Manchester and Nashua this month. Subject: Probably a hodgepodge. I'd probably go there if I had a combo of anti-tax and anti-war stuff. Cities: Nashua, Manchester, Concord.

Southwest: Probably our largest, most untapped market. HEAVY HEAVY Anti-war area. Also one of the most liberal area in the state. But also surprisingly libertarian friendly: L(l)ibertarian candidates, even in open party races, always get 10-15% there and that number is up to about 25% now since the FSP move began. Really good volunteer base there as well (nhfree.org). Subject: If you have a trailerload of anti-war Ron Paul slim jims to dump, this is the place to do it: City: Keene.

Most cities (with the exception of Manchester, somewhat) in NH have very lively mainstreeets. Also, since the street is public property, you could canvass up and down Main Sts. all day long w/o getting kicked out. That's what I have done before and it works pretty well.

Hope that helps!

JM

fez2008
11-21-2007, 11:22 AM
Portsmouth: (walmart+bestbuy+circuitcity+foxrun mall)
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&saddr=2200+Woodbury+Ave,+Newington,+NH&daddr=45+Gosling+Rd+%23+15,+Newington,+to:1700+Woo dbury+Ave,+Newington,+NH&mra=pi&mrcr=1&sll=42.61668,-70.95459&sspn=1.344098,2.845459&ie=UTF8&ll=43.102863,-70.789032&spn=0.041674,0.088921&z=14&om=1

Geronimo
11-21-2007, 06:01 PM
Most of the Manchester meetup is busy on Friday, but a couple of people (Jessie being one of them) have talked about getting together for a "Will work for Freedom" sign wave. The event is posted at the Manchester meetup event page.

"Will Work for Freedom" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-kV-06qPa8)