PDA

View Full Version : NDAA Roll Call

seyferjm
12-20-2012, 08:50 PM
Vote records for those interested. It is nice to see many other Republicans joining the vote against it, including Bachmann (surprised me)
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2012/roll645.xml

sailingaway
12-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Vote records for those interested. It is nice to see many other Republicans joining the vote against it, including Bachmann (surprised me)
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2012/roll645.xml

she's wooing us again since she almost lost her seat. She voted for the Patriot Act and NDAA before, likely in committee as well, since she is on the intelligence committee. Twitter rumor is trying to get people to back her for Speaker. I didn't bother posting those here. On the other hand, I understand there is something about sequestering abortion funds in there too, and that might have been her point.

itshappening
12-20-2012, 08:55 PM
abortions for the military is probably why she voted against it

Bachmann for speaker - or any office - would be a disaster. she can barely win in her own district nevermind handle being on the national stage

seyferjm
12-20-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm sure there is some pandering going on. I was not aware of anything on abortion being in it though.

GunnyFreedom
12-20-2012, 09:05 PM
I'm sure there is some pandering going on. I was not aware of anything on abortion being in it though.

Yeah, it was a pretty big deal in a lot of circles. Whether US tax dollars can fund abortions by providing them to women on active duty in the military. Those opposed to any/all government funding of abortion period would vote no also.

mz10
12-20-2012, 09:11 PM

Bachmann for speaker - or any office - would be a disaster. she can barely win in her own district nevermind handle being on the national stage

I'd take her over Boner. Then again I'd probably take Jon Runyan over Boner, so that isn't saying much.

jkr
12-20-2012, 09:15 PM
id take a boner over boehner and that says A LOT

sparebulb
12-20-2012, 09:53 PM

Funny thing about hypocrites like Bachmann, she is perfectly ok with tens of thousands of US taxpayer funded abortions performed every year in Israel.