PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion! - Tell the official campaign to SPEND, we've got their backs on the 16th!

EvilNight
11-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Seriously, I'm a bit confused at all of this ruckus over the campaign's official email. They have *plenty* of cash on hand right now. They can afford a marketing blitz (usually around $1-2M) in both primary states right now, right?

Well, TELL THEM that they DO NOT NEED TO SAVE any of the money they have raised. They are notoriously tight-fisted (a good thing) but I think it may hurt them if they are trying to save up money to have enough for later events.

I think we can *guarantee* at least $5M on Dec 16th. Won't someone who is close to the official campaign just tell them to SPEND and plan on a legendary cash infusion on the 16th? If they need a number for their budget planning for Dec 16th tell them it'll be at least what Nov 5th was!

That way, they get their ad coverage, and we get to go nuclear as planned. This whole issue goes away, and we can get back to IMPORTANT things like rallies and delegates and general activism. Anything wrong with this whole idea?

Menthol Patch
11-21-2007, 10:07 AM
I'm pretty sure they plan to start spending like crazy, but I do think it is a good idea to tell them to start spending.

Menthol Patch
11-21-2007, 10:08 AM
I think the goal of this thread should be for five hundred people to urge the campaign to start spending like crazy NOW!

curtisag
11-21-2007, 10:10 AM
I read somewhere that their goal was to spend what they raised in the previous quarter. I hope that strategy has changed with the current influx of cash in the 4th quarter, but the email leads me to believe they are holding back a significant part of the cash as a reserve for states after the early primaries. They need to add a cash-on-hand thermometer on their web site.

kylejack
11-21-2007, 10:12 AM
Dr. Paul, you've been a fiscal conservative all your life! Give it up for a bit and WIN THIS THING!

K1RBY
11-21-2007, 10:14 AM
yes. when they have gone through the 5.5M on hand from last Q..and then spent 7M of the 8.9M raised so far this Q..then they can start asking for more money!

i mean, honestly, is 13M$$ not enough for NH & Iowa?

Ron LOL
11-21-2007, 10:18 AM
I agree. Spend spend spend! I want to hear NH and IA supporters who are sick of seeing RP on TV and hearing him on the radio.

EvilNight
11-21-2007, 10:19 AM
If someone could contact them and let us know, and update the situation here to calm down all of the craziness, that would be wonderful.

Menthol Patch
11-21-2007, 10:21 AM
yes. when they have gone through the 5.5M on hand from last Q..and then spent 7M of the 8.9M raised so far this Q..then they can start asking for more money!

No, they need to ask for more money NOW!

13 million is NOT enough for NH and Iowa!

davidhperry
11-21-2007, 10:36 AM
No, they need to ask for more money NOW!

13 million is NOT enough for NH and Iowa!

Agreed. We need to be willing to spend as much as it takes. We're fighting an uphill battle to win this thing.

LibertyEagle
11-21-2007, 10:38 AM

Uh, are you forgetting all the new campaign offices they have opened? How about all the new staff they brought on-board? That stuff isn't free.