PDA

View Full Version : Art Robinson announces bid for Oregon GOP chairmanship

tsai3904
12-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Former congressional candidate Art Robinson announced late Wednesday that he is running for the chairmanship of the Oregon Republican Party.

Robinson, who ran unsuccessfully against Rep. Peter DeFazio, D-Ore., in 2010 and 2012, announced his plans at a meeting of the Lane County Republican Party Executive Committee, according to a press release from one of his sons, Noah.

Noah Robinson confirmed his father's candidacy in a brief telephone interview but there was no immediate comment from Robinson himself.

More:
http://www.oregonlive.com/mapes/index.ssf/2012/12/art_robinson_announces_bid_for.html

SpreadOfLiberty
12-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Outstanding news!

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he got it.

FSP-Rebel
12-20-2012, 12:47 PM
groovy

sailingaway
12-20-2012, 12:55 PM
we have the votes, if they show up and if they all like him. I don't know who else is running. We had a majority of delegates, though, they had to appoint alternates secretly, and claim WITH alternates they had a majority of 'the delegation' to not have a Ron Paul delegate control the state delegation. The RNC, of course, went along with that nonsense even though the only way they had the ability to self select alternates was by cheating to shut down the conventions. Remember the video where the woman was putting the ballots in the trunk even though they had voted to continue the meeting? That was Oregon.

Hope our folks show up. We have had several 'almost but not quite wins', which while they show we are still fighting, aren't as good as wins.

tsai3904
12-20-2012, 01:18 PM
we have the votes, if they show up and if they all like him. I don't know who else is running. We had a majority of delegates

I don't think those delegates are the ones that will be voting on the GOP Chair. I think it's the State Committee, who are elected through their Precinct Committee Persons during each county GOPs reorganization.

sailingaway
12-20-2012, 01:23 PM
I don't think those delegates are the ones that will be voting on the GOP Chair. I think it's the State Committee, who are elected through their Precinct Committee Persons during each county GOPs reorganization.

Very unfortunate. But I would assume we have some representation there as well. I have no handle on how much, though.

devil21
12-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Great news! Im sure he's got a good chance to win with his notoriety from Congressional runs.

eleganz
12-20-2012, 03:30 PM
They better not lose it by the TWO VOTE CURSE

Oregon people please show up and win this one for the rest of us!