PDA

View Full Version : Plan B and NDAA 2013 Thread Today!

Spoa
12-20-2012, 10:50 AM
This thread will serve to provide updates and news everyone is hearing concerning the fiscal cliff and NDAA 2013.

Both votes will be held today! I'll try to update it, and I hope others will bring in their thoughts too! :)

(This should probably be put in the Politics discussion session, but I hope the moderators will let this thread stay here just for today. Thanks).

Spoa
12-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Congressman Tim Huelskamp is speaking on C-Span Washington Journal. He's speaking really well about conservative values.

itshappening
12-20-2012, 11:16 AM
The vote for the tax bill is going to be around 7:30pm EST

So call your members of congress now!

squarepusher
12-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Zerohedge says there will be no resolstion and we will go over the fiscal cliff

Spoa
12-20-2012, 12:09 PM
According to RedState, Congressmen Massie and Amash plan to oppose Boehner's Plan B.

http://www.redstate.com/2012/12/20/urgent-last-few-hours-to-stop-the-boehner-tax-hike/

Spoa
12-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Cantor predicts that Plan B will pass: http://www.rollcall.com/news/cantor_predicts_house_will_pass_plan_b-220305-1.html?pos=hln

Spoa
12-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Debate on NDAA 2013 on C-span: http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN/

Spoa
12-20-2012, 12:21 PM
While I usually disagree with Rep. Barbara Lee, I commend her today for urging a "NO" vote on final passage. She also mentioned her disappointment that the protection of civil liberties was taken out.

Spoa
12-20-2012, 12:29 PM
I agree with returning the bill, but not the way the Democrats want it done. The Democrats want to send the bill back to committee so they can increase taxes and increase welfare. That is definitely not right.

itshappening
12-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Tom McClintock (R-Calif.) In Thursday (12/20) floor speech, McClintock embraces bill. A Big get for GOP leaders. McClintock has defected on other fiscal bills.

sailingaway
12-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Tom McClintock (R-Calif.) In Thursday (12/20) floor speech, McClintock embraces bill. A Big get for GOP leaders. McClintock has defected on other fiscal bills.

which bill? The cliff one? If it isn't passed don't the Bush tax rates go up, entirely irrespective of the 'cliff' issue?

That is why I was wondering how Ron would vote on it.

But Tom M is only trustworthy until you really need him, in my experience -- unless things are going his way. But that is how I tend to look at people who are there only the 80-90% of the time leadership thinks it is acceptable.

Spoa
12-20-2012, 01:34 PM
which bill? The cliff one? If it isn't passed don't the Bush tax rates go up, entirely irrespective of the 'cliff' issue?

That is why I was wondering how Ron would vote on it.

But Tom M is only trustworthy until you really need him, in my experience -- unless things are going his way. But that is how I tend to look at people who are there only the 80-90% of the time leadership thinks it is acceptable.

Rep. McClintock has been a trusted conservative. He looks at it a little differently than I do. His argument was that he wants to try to save as many people as he can from having higher taxes (he made a lifeguard analogy that if a lifeguard had 10 people to save, he would try to save 9 people rather than save none).

I disagree with Mr. McClintock, but I will look at all his votes as a whole in the end.

I should note that I am glad that Mr. Amash and Massie will oppose the final plan.

Spoa
12-20-2012, 02:12 PM
The rule allowing for consideration of Plan B has passed. 13 GOP defections. I expect there will be more when the final bill is brought to the floor for final passage.

Club for Growth opposed passage of the rule:

Yesterday, we notified members of Congress that we were key-voting "NO" on the rule for the so-called "Plan B" tax increase. That key vote still stands. However, we also plan to score two more votes:

supermario21
12-20-2012, 02:16 PM
NDAA procedural votes coming up and happening now.

sailingaway
12-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Rep. McClintock has been a trusted conservative. He looks at it a little differently than I do. His argument was that he wants to try to save as many people as he can from having higher taxes (he made a lifeguard analogy that if a lifeguard had 10 people to save, he would try to save 9 people rather than save none).

I disagree with Mr. McClintock, but I will look at all his votes as a whole in the end.

I should note that I am glad that Mr. Amash and Massie will oppose the final plan.

I've followed McC a while and think he is better than most, but have caveats.

But on this vote, I can see why voting for it could be the right thing, with the Bush tax cuts automatically going away, otherwise. I honestly don't know on this one, not having read the actual bills, or knowing the negotiation possibilities.

GunnyFreedom
12-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Only two Republican "no" when the clock expired. passes 247 to 177

GunnyFreedom
12-20-2012, 02:23 PM
And NOW they want to remove the word "lunatic" from US Law. Oh lord! :rolleyes:

sailingaway
12-20-2012, 02:24 PM
And NOW they want to remove the word "lunatic" from US Law. Oh lord! :rolleyes:

I can sure see why they kept congress in session, for that....

GunnyFreedom
12-20-2012, 02:24 PM
I came in late, that last NDAA vote was to adopt the conference report right?

ETA - I should have copied the roll call number or something, because the numbers when the clock expires are not the same as the official roll. I know who the two Republicans are. I'm curious to see if a third pops up on the official roll call vote.

GunnyFreedom
12-20-2012, 02:28 PM
oh, the conference report may be now. it is now

GunnyFreedom
12-20-2012, 02:32 PM
It would be pretty hot if Amash and Massey spoke here....

Spoa
12-20-2012, 02:39 PM
It would be pretty hot if Amash and Massey spoke here....

Just for clarification, the members were voting simply on the rule for debate on the conference report.

It would be cool if Amash and Massie could speak...that would be up to the decision of Mr. Barney Frank (who is in charge of moderating the opposition to this conference report).

GunnyFreedom
12-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Barney Frank wanted to dance in the spotlight

GunnyFreedom
12-20-2012, 03:01 PM
If Frank were interested in winning the floor debate, then showing bipartisan opposition would have been critical. Instead he is playing himself and his caucus to the cameras.

Spoa
12-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Update: The 13 "NO" GOP Votes on the RULES for Plan B:

Amash
Broun
Franks (AZ)
Gohmert
Harris
Huelskamp
Jones
Jordan
Landry
Massie
Paul
Schmidt
Walsh

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2012/roll640.xml

Spoa
12-20-2012, 03:03 PM
If Frank were interested in winning the floor debate, then showing bipartisan opposition would have been critical. Instead he is playing himself and his caucus to the cameras.

Yeah...obviously he doesn't want to show bi-partisan opposition. :( Too bad.

He's been good on some issues for the liberty movement. But it really got on my nerves when he went on the House floor and spoke so many times against Audit the Fed. That was disgusting.

Spoa
12-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Rep. Schweikert (R-AZ)

Rep David Schweikert ‏@RepDavid
I'm a NO vote on #PlanB. Bad tax hikes and no spending cuts. #fiscalcliff

He voted for the rules, but plans to vote "NO" on final passage.

Brett85
12-20-2012, 03:09 PM

I basically agree with that. Why is letting all of the Bush tax cuts expire better than extending them for 99% of the American people?

sailingaway
12-20-2012, 03:15 PM
I basically agree with that. Why is letting all of the Bush tax cuts expire better than extending them for 99% of the American people?

That might not be all that is in the bill, though. The headline often isn't. Spoa trusts Club for Growth as a rule of thumb, it seems. Me, I want to see how Ron votes. Because we never get the chance to actually review it for ourselves, do we?

Spoa
12-20-2012, 03:17 PM
That might not be all that is in the bill, though. The headline often isn't. Spoa trusts Club for Growth as a rule of thumb, it seems. Me, I want to see how Ron votes. Because we never get the chance to actually review it for ourselves, do we?

Well, a good indication of how Congressman Paul will vote officially is that he was one of the 13 to already vote against the rule.

Even Congressman Schweikert who plans to oppose final passage voted for the rule. So I would think Rep. Paul will vote no tonight because it doesn't make a lot of sense to oppose the rule (how the bill will be debated) and then support the final bill. Just my thoughts. :)

Also, I don't agree with Club for Growth on everything. Their opposition to restrictions on trade with China is a little too much for me. They aren't perfect, but I do believe they are one of the best organizations on fiscal responsibility in this nation.

Brett85
12-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Well, a good indication of how Congressman Paul will vote officially is that he was one of the 13 to already vote against the rule.

Even Congressman Schweikert who plans to oppose final passage voted for the rule. So I would think Rep. Paul will vote no tonight because it doesn't make a lot of sense to oppose the rule (how the bill will be debated) and then support the final bill. Just my thoughts. :)

Why would Ron vote "no" on this when he voted in favor of a Democratic bill to extend the Bush tax cuts for those making less than $250,000 a year? It seems as though that bill was worse than this one.

Brett85
12-20-2012, 03:25 PM

I suppose if this bill includes an increase in the debt ceiling, that would be a reason for Ron to vote against it. Otherwise, I just don't see why he would vote against it since he voted for the Democratic bill to extend the Bush tax cuts for those making less than $250,000 a year.

sailingaway
12-20-2012, 03:25 PM

Also, I don't agree with Club for Growth on everything. Their opposition to restrictions on trade with China is a little too much for me. They aren't perfect, but I do believe they are one of the best organizations on fiscal responsibility in this nation.

I didn't mean to say you agree with C4G on everything, that is why I said 'rule of thumb' so you go there in absence of other info.

I agree it seems Ron isn't going to vote for this but I will say he is perfectly capable of thinking it is nonsense to bring the vote up on the rules excuse when it could have been done much earlier, yet he could still vote for it. He thinks procedural bypassing of the committee and vetting process occurs too often. Don't think that's at issue here, though.

sailingaway
12-20-2012, 03:26 PM
I suppose if this bill includes an increase in the debt ceiling, that would be a reason for Ron to vote against it. Otherwise, I just don't see why he would vote against it since he voted for the Democratic bill to extend the Bush tax cuts for those making less than $250,000 a year.

If it increases the debt ceiling he will vote against it, I am pretty confident. I agree he wants lower taxes on as many as possible though. It is also possible the bill closes middle class loopholes like mortgage deductions so that it is in reality raising taxes and it isn't evident on the face of it.

Spoa
12-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Why would Ron vote "no" on this when he voted in favor of a Democratic bill to extend the Bush tax cuts for those making less than $250,000 a year? It seems as though that bill was worse than this one.

I am honestly not sure. One could argue that times have changed, and he really believes that raising taxes in this economy is not a good idea. Also, it would be a little awkward to Rep. Paul to vote yes and Reps. Massie and Amash to vote no.

tsai3904
12-20-2012, 03:27 PM

The "rule" included adopting "import restrictions contained in the Burmese Freedom and Democracy Act of 2003"

Rules are suppose to be procedural votes, which is why Ron and Amash always vote with GOP leadership but they decided to throw in some policy language into this rule.

Resolved, That upon adoption of this resolution it shall be in order to take from the Speaker's table the joint resolution (H.J. Res. 66) approving the renewal of import restrictions contained in the Burmese Freedom and Democracy Act of 2003, with the Senate amendment thereto, and to consider in the House, without intervention of any point of order, a motion offered by the chair of the Committee on Ways and Means or his designee that the House concur in the Senate amendment with the amendment printed in the report of the Committee on Rules accompanying this resolution. The Senate amendment and the motion shall be considered as read. The motion shall be debatable for one hour equally divided and controlled by the chair and ranking minority member of the Committee on Ways and Means. The previous question shall be considered as ordered on the motion to its adoption without intervening motion.

Sec. 2. Upon adoption of this resolution it shall be in order to consider in the House the bill (H.R. 6684) to provide for spending reduction. All points of order against consideration of the bill are waived. The bill shall be considered as read. All points of order against provisions in the bill are waived. The previous question shall be considered as ordered on the bill and on any amendment thereto to final passage without intervening motion except: (1) one hour of debate equally divided and controlled by the Majority Leader and Minority Leader or their respective designees; and (2) one motion to recommit.

Brett85
12-20-2012, 03:28 PM
If it increases the debt ceiling he will vote against it, I am pretty confident. I agree he wants lower taxes on as many as possible though. It is also possible the bill closes middle class loopholes like mortgage deductions so that it is in reality raising taxes and it isn't evident on the face of it.

I read that it doesn't increase the debt ceiling, but maybe that was incorrect.

sailingaway
12-20-2012, 03:29 PM
The "rule" included adopting "import restrictions contained in the Burmese Freedom and Democracy Act of 2003"

Rules are suppose to be procedural votes, which is why Ron and Amash always vote with GOP leadership but they decided to throw in some policy language into this rule.

Oh, sheesh.

Love Ron.

tsai3904
12-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Oh, sheesh.

Love Ron.

Actually, I need to look more into it. They could be amending the entire Burmese bill and inserting Plan B language...they make this stuff so confusing.

Brett85
12-20-2012, 03:34 PM
I am honestly not sure. One could argue that times have changed, and he really believes that raising taxes in this economy is not a good idea. Also, it would be a little awkward to Rep. Paul to vote yes and Reps. Massie and Amash to vote no.

Ron wasn't on the list on Red State of Republican house members voting "no" or leaning "no."

"Garrett, Amash, Jordan, Scalise, Gohmert, Stutzman, Gardner, Pearce, Burgess, Mulvaney, Huelskamp, Barton, Broun, Fleming, Labrador, Lamborn, Walsh, Westmoreland, Southerland, Massie, Duncan, Graves, Schweikert, Blackburn, Landry, Buerkle, Tim Scott, Gowdy, Joe Wilson, Guinta, Harris, Myrick, Burton, DesJarlais."

sailingaway
12-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Ron wasn't on the list on Red State of Republican house members voting "no" or leaning "no."

"Garrett, Amash, Jordan, Scalise, Gohmert, Stutzman, Gardner, Pearce, Burgess, Mulvaney, Huelskamp, Barton, Broun, Fleming, Labrador, Lamborn, Walsh, Westmoreland, Southerland, Massie, Duncan, Graves, Schweikert, Blackburn, Landry, Buerkle, Tim Scott, Gowdy, Joe Wilson, Guinta, Harris, Myrick, Burton, DesJarlais."

That is easy, Ron said he was undecided until he reviewed the details in the bill. I think Redstate just adopted the Hill list.

Xelaetaks
12-20-2012, 03:38 PM
I called McCain's office and they told me the NDAA revision would not take away the right to a fair trial or any constitutional rights. Anyone know if they were twisting the truth in this? I didn't know how to respond cause I don't know all the details but I bet they're getting a lot of calls on it regardless.

tsai3904
12-20-2012, 03:41 PM
I called McCain's office and they told me the NDAA revision would not take away the right to a fair trial or any constitutional rights. Anyone know if they were twisting the truth in this? I didn't know how to respond cause I don't know all the details but I bet they're getting a lot of calls on it regardless.

Justin Amash explains it well here:
http://www.facebook.com/notes/justin-amash/the-truth-about-the-new-detainee-policy-in-the-national-defense-authorization-ac/296584837047596

It's from last year's NDAA but nothing has changed since then.

sailingaway
12-20-2012, 03:44 PM

It is circular. NDAA 2012 Section 1021 STATES that the US is in war or insurrection on the homeland justifying loss of due process and habeus corpus. So it is trying to take from courts the judgment of whether the facts that UNDER THE CONSTITUTION permit suspension of due process exist, which would make it 'Constitutional because they said so', they hope.

the provision in the Constitution that permits suspension of speedy trial and habeus corpus in times of revolt war or insurrection meant when you couldn't reasonably hold open courts because things were such a mess. That OBVIOUSLY does not apply to any person of common sense, only to congressmen such as McCain who made it law under NDAA 2012 Section 1021.

GunnyFreedom
12-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Here we go with the fiscal cliff

Xelaetaks
12-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Thanks. Looks like a lot of double talk in the bill.

itshappening
12-20-2012, 03:49 PM
@russellberman: Mick Mulvaney is a no on Boehner bill and suggests entire SC delegation is as well #demint

-

Cantor (Majority leader) is saying they have the votes to pass it. This could be incredibly close, a lot closer than they're letting on.

mad cow
12-20-2012, 04:00 PM
It is circular. NDAA 2012 Section 1021 STATES that the US is in war or insurrection on the homeland justifying loss of due process and habeus corpus. So it is trying to take from courts the judgment of whether the facts that UNDER THE CONSTITUTION permit suspension of due process exist, which would make it 'Constitutional because they said so', they hope.

the provision in the Constitution that permits suspension of speedy trial and habeus corpus in times of revolt war or insurrection meant when you couldn't reasonably hold open courts because things were such a mess. That OBVIOUSLY does not apply to any person of common sense, only to congressmen such as McCain who made it law under NDAA 2012 Section 1021.

We have always been at War with Eastasia Terror.

GunnyFreedom
12-20-2012, 05:11 PM
all posturing for the camera. just like at the state level.

Brett85
12-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Does anyone know exactly what the house is voting on right now? It has something to do with replacing sequestration with different spending cuts, but I'm not sure what the details are and whether that's something we should support.

supermario21
12-20-2012, 05:44 PM
NDAA conference report up now, passing by a large margin. 24 Republicans NAY at this point.

QWDC
12-20-2012, 05:51 PM
I wonder who the lone nay is on this vote?

supermario21
12-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Probably Amash, he really is a stickler on procedural votes.

GunnyFreedom
12-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Well that was an exhausting three hours.

I hate Congress lol How did Dr. Paul do it for so long?

itshappening
12-20-2012, 05:59 PM
there's still one more vote coming up Gunny, the big one, Boehner's bill.

1 hour of debate and a vote to follow.

Spoa
12-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Congressman Huelskamp's statement on NDAA 2013:

Cong. Tim Huelskamp ‏@CongHuelskamp
Pleased abt religious liberty protections in #NDAA, but voted no for concerns re: indefinite detention, abortion funding.

Thank you Congressman Huelskamp!

GunnyFreedom
12-20-2012, 06:19 PM
there's still one more vote coming up Gunny, the big one, Boehner's bill.

1 hour of debate and a vote to follow.

yeah, I know, but it's still a denouement for me at least. NDAA is a big deal.

itshappening
12-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Huelskamp kicking ass lately, we can bring him over to us hopefully.

itshappening
12-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Still no sign of Boehner's debate and vote yet, he's probably still trying to round up votes.

Spoa
12-20-2012, 06:28 PM
The Roll Call Vote on NDAA 2013 is now up:

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2012/roll645.xml

Thank you to all the "NO" Votes!

---- NAYS 107 ---

Ackerman
Amash
Bachmann
Baldwin
Bass (CA)
Becerra
Blumenauer
Boswell
Braley (IA)
Campbell
Capuano
Carney
Carson (IN)
Chu
Clarke (MI)
Clarke (NY)
Cohen
Conyers
Crowley
Davis (IL)
DeGette
DeLauro
DesJarlais
Doyle
Duncan (TN)
Edwards
Ellison
Farr
Fattah
Frank (MA)
Gibson
Gosar
Graves (GA)
Griffith (VA)
Grijalva
Gutierrez
Hahn
Hall
Harris
Himes
Hinchey
Honda
Huelskamp
Johnson (GA)
Johnson (IL)
Jones
Kind
Kucinich
Labrador
Landry
Latham
Lee (CA)
Lewis (GA)
Loebsack
Lofgren, Zoe
Lummis
Lynch
Mack
Maloney
Marchant
Markey
Massie
Matsui
McClintock
McCollum
McDermott
McGovern
Michaud
Miller (NC)
Miller, George
Moore
Murphy (CT)
Nadler
Napolitano
Neal
Nugent
Olver
Pallone
Paul
Payne
Pelosi
Peters
Pingree (ME)
Polis
Quigley
Rangel
Ribble
Roe (TN)
Rush
Sarbanes
Schakowsky
Schweikert
Sensenbrenner
Serrano
Slaughter
Thompson (CA)
Tierney
Tonko
Van Hollen
Velázquez
Walberg
Walsh (IL)
Waters
Watt
Welch
Woolsey
Yarmuth

Bastiat's The Law
12-20-2012, 06:30 PM
Huelskamp kicking ass lately, we can bring him over to us hopefully.
He's been impressive!

Spoa
12-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Also, the Roll Call Vote for the "Spending Reduction Act"---that's Speaker Boehner's plan to replaced the sequester:

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2012/roll644.xml

There were 21 GOP "NO" votes. Now, we are just going to have to wait for the Plan B vote!

Brett85
12-20-2012, 06:32 PM
He's been impressive!

He used to be my rep until the Congressional lines were redrawn. I've met him several times. It seems like his voting record has improved overall from when he first came into the house. He's always been a staunch fiscal conservative, but lately he seems to be moving our way on civil liberties issues.

sailingaway
12-20-2012, 06:33 PM
He used to be my rep until the Congressional lines were redrawn. I've met him several times. It seems like his voting record has improved overall from when he first came into the house. He's always been a staunch fiscal conservative, but lately he seems to be moving our way on civil liberties issues.

Not to be too cynical, but our kind of tea partier candidates won this last election. The other kind, not so much. I'm sure that is persuasive to a lot of politicians on the fence.

Further, he had a birds eye view of the support Amash specifically got from the Boehner purge.

itshappening
12-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Huelskamp has become a full on rebel in the last year, he's likely got his eye on the Roberts senate seat and has seen that going against leadership isn't damaging to your career as it once was.

Spoa
12-20-2012, 06:42 PM
Speaker Boehner will be holding a GOP caucus meeting at 7:45 PM. He has likely realized he doesn't have the votes to pass it.

itshappening
12-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Boehner has called a full meeting of the GOP conference.

I thought you had the votes John?

itshappening
12-20-2012, 06:46 PM
is he going to threaten to resign or something to try and force them to vote yea?

sailingaway
12-20-2012, 06:47 PM
is he going to threaten to resign or something to try and force them to vote yea?

That would just make more join the dissenters....

tsai3904
12-20-2012, 06:49 PM

I guess this is why some threatened to vote no even though the bill doesn't include any tax increases. If this bill passes, then the GOP leadership will do nothing else to prevent all taxes from rising. I can understand Ron voting yes and Amash voting no.

Brett85
12-20-2012, 06:50 PM
I don't really blame Boehner for pushing for this since the alternative is allowing all of the Bush tax cuts to expire. However, his support for additional gun control laws and his statement criticizing those who support allowing allowing teachers to defend themselves is simply unforgivable.

Spoa
12-20-2012, 06:50 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Rumors are that Speaker Boehner plans to cancel the vote on Plan B tonight. It seems he doesn't have the votes needed.

sailingaway
12-20-2012, 06:52 PM
I don't really blame Boehner for pushing for this since the alternative is allowing all of the Bush tax cuts to expire. However, his support for additional gun control laws and his statement criticizing those who support allowing allowing teachers to defend themselves is simply unforgivable.

If Ron voted against it there must be more to it. Although it is conceivable Ron is just showing solidarity with those knocked off committees. Not usually his style, but he didn't have fledglings to protect before, either. He'd undermine them if he voted on the other side.

That sort of consideration is not usually in his votes though, he usually just votes what he thinks is best for the people.

This may be one where we don't really know what happened or is in it until after the events are over.

itshappening
12-20-2012, 06:53 PM
I guess this is why some threatened to vote no even though the bill doesn't include any tax increases. If this bill passes, then the GOP leadership will do nothing else to prevent all taxes from rising. I can understand Ron voting yes and Amash voting no.

they will do what Rand Paul has advised; take up the Senate bill and vote present, probably on 31st Dec.

Boehner is just stupid and should listen to Rand Paul and this could have been done ages ago.

itshappening
12-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Boehner should just resign now, he has no credibility if this doesn't pass.

He's built this up as well by claiming to have the votes.

He has lost his caucus and has to go!

GunnyFreedom
12-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Stay strong Thomas Massie. Don't let the children around you get you down. Rise above and show the way.

GunnyFreedom
12-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Give that orange kiwifruit Plan B in exchange for Rand's language on NDAA. :p

ETA - it would never go over, but it would make for interesting debate on the Hill.

tsai3904
12-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Stay strong Thomas Massie. Don't let the children around you get you down. Rise above and show the way.

What is the right way on Plan B? If there's no hidden tax increases, I would assume Ron would vote yes while Amash would vote no.

Brett85
12-20-2012, 07:03 PM
If Ron voted against it there must be more to it. Although it is conceivable Ron is just showing solidarity with those knocked off committees. Not usually his style, but he didn't have fledglings to protect before, either. He'd undermine them if he voted on the other side.

There hasn't been a vote yet. Ron voted against the procedural vote, but that may have just been because there was a foreign policy proposal in the bill that he didn't like.

itshappening
12-20-2012, 07:05 PM
The right way is to vote against this bill and fire Boehner.

I suspect strongly Ron Paul is a no on this basis.

Pauls' Revere
12-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Zerohedge says there will be no resolstion and we will go over the fiscal cliff

Just as The Mayans planned.

Brett85
12-20-2012, 07:06 PM

Ron never allows politics to affect his vote. He always bases his vote on principle, and he will this time.

tsai3904
12-20-2012, 07:09 PM

He was one of only three Rs to vote for an extension for those under $250k in 2010 (similar situation).

http://spectator.org/blog/2010/12/02/house-passes-partial-extension

QWDC
12-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Bill got officially pulled.

itshappening
12-20-2012, 07:10 PM
They need to listen to Rand and just vote present on the Senate bill

sailingaway
12-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Bill got officially pulled.

Dang, ... I mean, not really, but I was curious how Ron was going to vote.

LibertyEagle
12-20-2012, 07:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pUVxgAdk6w

LibertyEagle
12-20-2012, 07:28 PM
I am really upset about that damn NDAA vote. Sons of bitches!! Especially McCain.

GunnyFreedom
12-20-2012, 07:30 PM
I am really upset about that damn NDAA vote. Sons of bitches!! Especially McCain.

Well, look at it this way. The final US Senate vote on the 2013 NDAA will mark the End of the World as We Know It, if the Maya are to be believed. :D

Spoa
12-20-2012, 07:55 PM

There's still hope in the Senate. Make calls to senators right now!

GunnyFreedom
12-20-2012, 08:19 PM
"Mr Senator, you are aware that if you vote for this thing, you will be voting to rain all the catastrophes that the Maya dared imagine down upon the heads of Americans, right? By voting for this, you are voting to bring about the end of the world. God have mercy on your soul sir!" :p