PDA

View Full Version : National boycott of Dicks Sporting Goods Stores?

tangent4ronpaul
12-20-2012, 08:46 AM
"I would personally just say to those who are listening, maybe you want to turn in your guns," Jackson Lee said on the House floor. "Oh no, I'm not going to take your guns. But look at what Dick's Sporting Goods did ... they wanted to be part of the solution and part of America."

Dick's Sporting Goods announced this week that it would stop selling and displaying guns at its store closest to Newtown and would suspend the sale of modern sporting rifles nationwide out of respect for the victims of the shooting.

"We are extremely saddened by the unspeakable tragedy that occurred last week in Newtown, CT, and our hearts go out to the victims and their families, and to the entire community," the retail chain said in a statement on its website. "We continue to extend our deepest sympathies to those affected by this terrible tragedy."

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/273753-house-dem-calls-on-people-to-turn-in-your-guns

We, the undersigned, announce that since you will not be displaying the type of firearms we are interested in, and because of you complete disrespect for the second amendment as well as your being completely brain dead about the situation - as if the victims (teachers) had not been disarmed, this entire event could have been stopped. Restricting arms sales is not the answer, however, if you choose to continue on this path, we will be looking elsewhere for all our sporting goods needs.

-t

juleswin
12-20-2012, 08:52 AM
That is a really stupid thing to do on the part of Dickies. Yes, they used guns to commit those crimes but what about the millions of gun owners who protect themselves with guns? What a slap in the face to those law abiding gun owners and all because of the actions of 1 person.

This move cannot be good for business

jclay2
12-20-2012, 08:54 AM
What about cheaperthandirt? That one was a real surprise. I can expect it from mega corps like dicks or even walmart, but ctd?

nobody's_hero
12-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Jesus, who shops for guns at Dick's anyway? They're almost as bad as walmart in terms of selection, and no where near the reasonable prices.

Funny that liberals say, "we're not coming for your hunting/sport guns" and this is the first store they go after. Let that be a warning of what their end-goals are.

(granted this company took the 'initiative' themselves, so I guess liberals can just whip up some more patriotic nonsense about citizens disarming themselves 'to be part of the [final] solution')

liberalnurse
12-20-2012, 09:14 AM
We had this converstation at work last night and the concensus was, "GOOD." We prefer the local Mom and Pop dealers who have been in the business for generations. This will be good for their business. CTD and Dicks can kma.

CaptUSA
12-20-2012, 09:20 AM
My wife has already joined this boycott. Although, I think she got the details wrong. ;)

VoluntaryAmerican
12-20-2012, 09:24 AM
Free market will sort this mess out... Dicks is obviously run by a group of morons.

Anti Federalist
12-20-2012, 09:26 AM
My wife has already joined this boycott. Although, I think she got the details wrong. ;)

I see what you did there.

ROFL

tangent4ronpaul
12-20-2012, 09:29 AM
What about cheaperthandirt? That one was a real surprise. I can expect it from mega corps like dicks or even walmart, but ctd?

I missed the memo - what happened with ctd?

Jesus, who shops for guns at Dick's anyway? They're almost as bad as walmart in terms of selection, and no where near the reasonable prices.

Funny that liberals say, "we're not coming for your hunting/sport guns" and this is the first store they go after. Let that be a warning of what their end-goals are.

(granted this company took the 'initiative' themselves, so I guess liberals can just whip up some more patriotic nonsense about citizens disarming themselves 'to be part of the [final] solution')

Good points.

We had this converstation at work last night and the concensus was, "GOOD." We prefer the local Mom and Pop dealers who have been in the business for generations. This will be good for their business. CTD and Dicks can kma.

AWESOME POINTS!

Except for one little thing. This gvmt excels at passing regulations that only major corporations can comply with. Guns need to be available both ways, though I favor the mom and pop shops.

-t

juleswin
12-20-2012, 09:38 AM

Oh I get it now. At first I was thinking maybe she is a liberal, pinko, PETA type boycotting Dicks not for the reason stated above. So how long has the boycott been going on?

hehe

CaptUSA
12-20-2012, 09:46 AM
So how long has the boycott been going on?Well, let's see... When did I say, "I do"???

angelatc
12-20-2012, 10:31 AM

My local "we buy and sell anything" dealer already took his semis off the shelf, but only because he thinks they will jump in value soon. He's a liberty minded guy, but a capitalist first.

cbrons
12-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Don't support these cowardly scum. I will never buy so much as a pencil from Dick's ever again. We need to start supporting likeminded people, not these wobblies (be it politicians, people, stores, etc.).

kathy88
12-20-2012, 02:36 PM

Ha I need to wait to rep you again. HAHAHHA.