PDA

View Full Version : Don't Tax Me, Bro!

kylejack
11-21-2007, 09:59 AM
Vince Nguyen traveled from the San Francisco Bay Area on Tuesday to see presidential candidate Ron Paul in person at Lawlor Events Center in Reno.

After all, said Nguyen, a Vietnamese immigrant, it was Paul who inspired him to become an American citizen. Paul first ran for president in 1988 as a Libertarian.

"I moved to America when I was 10, and I could have applied for citizenship when I was 18, but then my choices for president were George H. W. Bush, and Bill Clinton and then Bill Clinton and Bob Dole," Nguyen said. "Then, I heard about Ron Paul, and I wanted to become a citizen."

Nguyen, who sported a homemade sign that read "Don't tax me, Bro!" was among more than 600 Paul supporters who packed the Silver and Blue Room in Lawlor to hear the self-proclaimed "defender of the Constitution" speak.

"Sounds like freedom is very popular in Nevada," Paul said as he received a large ovation from the diverse crowd, which ranged from children too young to vote to senior citizens.
http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071121/NEWS/711210453

curtisag
11-21-2007, 10:01 AM
He's the self-proclaimed "champion of the constitution", not defender. Why does the media always get things wrong?

lucius
11-21-2007, 10:42 AM
That is a great t-shirt idea!

Smiley Gladhands
11-21-2007, 10:53 AM
That is a great t-shirt idea!

I'd buy one.

Sematary
11-21-2007, 10:55 AM
He's the self-proclaimed "champion of the constitution", not defender. Why does the media always get things wrong?

Government controlled education. We're raising generations of morons.

Ridiculous
11-21-2007, 11:00 AM
It is a catchy slogan in and of itself, but it has the obvious connection to the Don't Taze Me Bro incident. Therefore, I don't like the sign in association with Ron Paul.
While most people are sympathetic to the kid, there is also a perception that he is a nutty conspiracy theorist. I for one don't want connections with Don't Taze me bro and Ron Paul.

I don't think that there was a need to tazer that kid though.

kylejack
11-21-2007, 11:03 AM
He was right, Kerry is a member of S&B. Anyway, nobody cares what you are concerned about, because you were so wrong about the Fifth of November, which was a huge success.

Ridiculous
11-21-2007, 11:10 AM
He was right, Kerry is a member of S&B. Anyway, nobody cares what you are concerned about, because you were so wrong about the Fifth of November, which was a huge success.

I have said this before, I never thought or said the 5th of November wouldn't be a success. Nor did I ever discourage anyone from donating.

What I feared was that the V for Vendetta/Guy Fawkes association would be used against the campaign/grassroots.

I was absolutely right about that. It was. There are many, many examples of this.

Simply google "Ron Paul" & "Guy Fawkes" or "Ron Paul" & "V for Vendetta" and see how many times the association is used as an attack.

People are going to attack the campaign/grassroots regardless, but we don't need to give them any ammunition.

DealzOnWheelz
11-21-2007, 11:37 AM
Any Press is good Press especially with Ron Paul because as soon as you hear him talk or look him up all you see is truth & morals

he cuts through attacks like a hot knife through butter

ItsTime
11-21-2007, 11:41 AM
see sig, I already trade marked it... you can buy it from me if you want to put it on a shirt ;) jk

kylejack
11-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Ridiculous, you can believe what you wish. I'm just saying it hurt your credibility and nobody is going to avoid a Tshirt based on your recommendation.

freedom_junkie
11-21-2007, 11:45 AM
I'll buy one :)

allyinoh
11-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Government controlled education. We're raising generations of morons.

Oh my God you are so correct! Have you seen this video from George Carlin? (Sorry this isn't to take over the thread but...) he talks about how the standards for public schools have been decreased. They don't want kids who can critically think. You're so right.

But anyway, I don't see anything wrong with the "Don't tax me bro!" It's funny IMHO!

lucius
11-21-2007, 02:55 PM
see sig, I already trade marked it... you can buy it from me if you want to put it on a shirt ;) jk

Get busy...I'll buy one, please use high quality t-shirts, two of my cheap RP ebay shirts came apart in the wash... :mad:

Jordan
11-21-2007, 03:07 PM
The Tshirt has already been made, its on cafepress.