PDA

View Full Version : Obama To Target Gun Shows

John F Kennedy III
12-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Kurt Nimmo Infowars.com December 19, 2012

During a news conference on Wednesday, Obama said that a “majority of Americans support laws requiring background checks before all gun purchases so that criminals can’t take advantage of legal loopholes to buy a gun from somebody who won’t take the responsibility of doing a background check at all.”

This is a direct reference to gun shows.

Video and rest of article here:

http://www.infowars.com/obama-targets-gun-shows/

CaptUSA
12-19-2012, 02:16 PM
You know... Because obviously this kid got his gun from a gun show and that should be illegal... Wait...

Dr.3D
12-19-2012, 02:17 PM
I have to question how he gets this “majority of Americans" crap.

matt0611
12-19-2012, 02:19 PM
I have to question how he gets this “majority of Americans" crap.

Its where he gets most of his facts, out of his butt.

John F Kennedy III
12-19-2012, 10:06 PM
You know... Because obviously this kid got his gun from a gun show and that should be illegal... Wait...

Lol.

dillo
12-19-2012, 10:09 PM
The majority of Americans supported slavery

CaptUSA
12-20-2012, 04:20 AM
The majority of Americans supported slaveryStill do, according to Mr. Obama. The inability to properly defend yourself against an aggressor is akin to subjecting yourself to the aggressor's whims.

LibertyEagle
12-20-2012, 04:34 AM
I talked tonight to about the only leftist friend I have left. She was practically hysterical about the need for more gun control laws. The term, assault weapon, has been so ingrained into their heads, they think there is a gun called that. She swore up and down there was. She believes the reason our Founders wrote the 2nd Amendment is because they were afraid that the Brits would confiscate them. Seriously. No manner of facts would sway her. It was completely an emotional thing. She thought about someone she knew who she wouldn't want to have an "assault weapon" and drew her conclusions from that. She even said that she would "turn him in". She doesn't want teachers to have guns, either. Nope. Only solution in her mind is to ban everything but revolvers. And obviously large ammo clips too.

In case you didn't know. The dollar will not crash. There will be no riots and no looting. Therefore, there will be no reason for anyone to need to defend themselves or their property. And for all other things, a revolver will be enough. My friend has spoken! ugh

Very frustrating conversation. Depressing too.

Danke
12-20-2012, 04:54 AM
Only solution in her mind is to ban everything but revolvers. And obviously large ammo clips too.

So what is that, .50 Cal and above? At least there is no mention high-capacity magazines. ;)

Danke
12-20-2012, 04:55 AM
//

Danke
12-20-2012, 04:57 AM
//

frodus24
12-20-2012, 06:18 AM
Children die everyday and the only time the left screams is when it involves guns.

alucard13mmfmj
12-20-2012, 06:25 AM
i'd stay away from friends that would turn you in if you are not doing anything to hurt anyone.

JK/SEA
12-20-2012, 07:16 AM
'something' must be done...and it will be done. And the next time something else happens..'something' must be done, and it will, and so and so on...until one day i'll be loaded into either a meat wagon, or a cattle car.

whippoorwill
12-20-2012, 07:49 AM
A. Jones mentioned some fact I wasn't aware of...drunk driving kills more people than Guns do, per year in the U.S....

So why don't we ban Alcohol?...oh wait a second.

presence
12-20-2012, 08:12 AM
So what is that, .50 Cal and above? At least there is no mention high-capacity magazines. ;)

try again:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?399059-Obama-Announces-Gun-Violence-Task-Force-Presses-For-Policy-Changes

Danke
12-20-2012, 08:18 AM
try again:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?399059-Obama-Announces-Gun-Violence-Task-Force-Presses-For-Policy-Changes

I laughed. Again, Clips...

Athan
12-20-2012, 09:01 AM
The majority of Americans supported slavery
ZING

CaptUSA
12-20-2012, 09:08 AM
They always manage to control this discussion. It's sickening.

In the aftermath of this incident, the thing America should have learned is that people need to take precautions on how they handle their firearms. A responsible owner makes sure that nobody else can get to their weapons except for themselves. You don't blame the car for a car accident that kills people. Hell, if a person even shoots a dog, you don't blame the gun.

Instead of a conversation on responsibility - something that is HUGE if we're ever to restore liberty - we're stuck defending ourselves against these idiots.

The next time there's a 24 car pile because people were following too closely for conditions, I hope all these same people will come out saying we should ban cars. Expose them for the fools they are. Guns are useful tools for self-defense. Limiting their effectiveness or trying to take them away has got to be the stupidest response to a lack of reponsibility ever!

oyarde
12-20-2012, 12:08 PM
I talked tonight to about the only leftist friend I have left. She was practically hysterical about the need for more gun control laws. The term, assault weapon, has been so ingrained into their heads, they think there is a gun called that. She swore up and down there was. She believes the reason our Founders wrote the 2nd Amendment is because they were afraid that the Brits would confiscate them. Seriously. No manner of facts would sway her. It was completely an emotional thing. She thought about someone she knew who she wouldn't want to have an "assault weapon" and drew her conclusions from that. She even said that she would "turn him in". She doesn't want teachers to have guns, either. Nope. Only solution in her mind is to ban everything but revolvers. And obviously large ammo clips too.

In case you didn't know. The dollar will not crash. There will be no riots and no looting. Therefore, there will be no reason for anyone to need to defend themselves or their property. And for all other things, a revolver will be enough. My friend has spoken! ugh

Very frustrating conversation. Depressing too. Bet she wold have loved my old Lemat reproduction revolver, 44 cal with a 20 gauge shotgun barrel.Thing is sweet :)

oyarde
12-20-2012, 12:11 PM
I think the originals were .42......

LibertyEagle
12-20-2012, 02:49 PM
i'd stay away from friends that would turn you in if you are not doing anything to hurt anyone.

The guy she was talking about sounds like a real whacko, who on occasion is around her granddaughter. I don't blame her for not wanting him to have a gun. But, yes, it did take me aback when she talked of turning him in and it has not left my mind even now.