PDA

View Full Version : Piers Morgan is a scumbag

gwax23
12-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Posted in the wrong forum initially my bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bC9gXgC17Q

This entire interview makes me cringe. piers morgan is a ignorant blowhard.

Thoughts?

jclay2
12-19-2012, 10:27 AM
Piers Morgan is a scumbag

check, plus rep. Send this redcoat back across the atlantic.

itshappening
12-19-2012, 10:34 AM
How many millions is he collecting from his American employers??

shane77m
12-19-2012, 10:36 AM
He is the scummiest of the scumbags with some douche bag thrown in for good measure.

tttppp
12-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Posted in the wrong forum initially my bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bC9gXgC17Q

This entire interview makes me cringe. piers morgan is a ignorant blowhard.

Thoughts?

I was thinking the same thing watching his interview on guns yesterday. He completely insults anyone who has a non mainstream idea. He just shouldnt have this job. The person in that job should be willing to listen to others opinions without dishing out insults.

COpatriot
12-19-2012, 10:49 AM
And fire is hot.

cbrons
12-19-2012, 11:12 AM
He is really the lowest of the low.

supermario21
12-19-2012, 11:16 AM
I've been watching him just to see his lunacy lately. He really thinks a handgun ban of all kinds is going to work here.

cbrons
12-19-2012, 11:18 AM
I've been watching him just to see his lunacy lately. He really thinks a handgun ban of all kinds is going to work here.

If the goal is to start a civil war, it'll work quite well.

oyarde
12-19-2012, 11:19 AM
How much cash you think he carries ?

Warmon
12-19-2012, 11:41 AM
His biggest problem is that he is a somebody wannabe who thinks he is part of the solution.

vienna
12-19-2012, 12:34 PM
aren't you conspiracy guys constantly talking about the "industrial military complex" or however it's called?
haven't they sold you already enough ridiculously oversized guns?

your homocide rate is the one of a developing country. and you still think that the answer is more guns?
you people are completely mental. following this discussion is a bit like watching exotic animals in a zoo.
it's so ridiculously absurd it's becoming funny.

JK/SEA
12-19-2012, 12:53 PM
aren't you conspiracy guys constantly talking about the "industrial military complex" or however it's called?

your homocide rate is the one of a developing country. and you still think that the answer is more guns?
you people are completely mental. following this discussion is a bit like watching exotic animals in a zoo.

Interesting opinion. Could you elaborate, because frankly your comment makes zero sense, but i'll be the 1st to tell you i'm not the sharpest pencil in the box, so...please indulge.

Pericles
12-19-2012, 12:54 PM

And which developing country would that be?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate)
Turkmenistan has the same rate as the US - which is about average for Asia ....

vienna
12-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Interesting opinion. Could you elaborate, because frankly your comment makes zero sense, but i'll be the 1st to tell you i'm not the sharpest pencil in the box, so...please indulge.
well you seem to be terribly worried about the influence of the "industrial military complex" and it's influence on the government.
you should rather be worried about it's influenve on you. they are selling you guns like in other countries bread is sold.
those shooting incidents in the us are already as common as a fistfight in english soccer stadiums.
but hey ... more guns would of course solve the problem. like in those clint eastood movies, right?

JK/SEA
12-19-2012, 01:04 PM
well you seem to be terribly worried about the influence of the "industrial military complex" and it's influence on the government.
you should rather be worried about it's influenve on you. they are selling you guns like in other countries bread is sold.
those shooting incidents in the us are already as common as a fistfight in english soccer stadiums.
but hey ... more guns would of course solve the problem. like in those clint eastood movies, right?

OK...well...first of all, you are making grandiose assumptions without much useful insight, and i'm not sure you know what you are talking about, but thanks for the injection of scattalogical thinking.

Vanilluxe
12-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Well statistically Europe has lower rates of murder than the US.

JK/SEA
12-19-2012, 01:08 PM

how far back are you going on the stats on this?

vienna
12-19-2012, 01:10 PM
OK...well...first of all, you are making grandiose assumptions without much useful insight, and i'm not sure you know what you are talking about, but thanks for the injection of scattalogical thinking.
it's a pleasure. we'll hear of each other when the next lunatic runs amok and kills i don't know how many people.
until then i follow this madness and all this crazy 19th century cowboy mentality.
from the save distance it can get so absurd that it becomes funny.

Pericles
12-19-2012, 01:10 PM

Except for Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine, Estonia, Greenland, and Lithuania.

Vanilluxe
12-19-2012, 01:11 PM
how far back are you going on the stats on this?

Truthfully these are recent stats that I acquired for homework on pol sci class.

Todd
12-19-2012, 01:12 PM
You know what..........

Damn people like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Bill O'reilly

They have taught an entire generation of idiots who listen to Political news and commentary these days to argue in logical fallacies. I know....I used to be one.

If one of those guys isn't building up the Strawman argument, then they are cutting you off and calling you an asshat as the basis of their argument refutation. That's the basis of what most call modern "debate".

Good ol' Piers Morgan. Keeping the tradition of Dumming down our discourse.

JK/SEA
12-19-2012, 01:14 PM
it's a pleasure. we'll hear of each other when the next lunatic runs amok and kills i don't know how many people.
until then i follow this madness and all those crazy 19th century cowboy mentality.
from the save distance it can get so absurd that it becomes funny.

2 dimensional thinking, and emotional responses are not helpful. What needs to be done on the 'gun' issue is that NOTHING needs to be done. We ...meaning Americans.. have this thing called the Constitution. I suggest reading the history of this document and WHY it was crafted. Can you tell me how many good people have died to gain this document and keep it?

JK/SEA
12-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Truthfully these are recent stats that I acquired for homework on pol sci class.

hmmm..ok..well,in order to get a true fix on this, i would just say that a real figure would have to include the Jews who were murdered by Nazi's due to the fact guns were banned prior to the gas and oven chambers.

vienna
12-19-2012, 01:21 PM
2 dimensional thinking, and emotional responses are not helpful. What needs to be done on the 'gun' issue is that NOTHING needs to be done. We ...meaning Americans.. have this thing called the Constitution. I suggest reading the history of this document and WHY it was crafted. Can you tell me how many good people have died to gain this document and keep it?
that's of course what is called 3 dimensional thinking, right?
well the constitution, as we all know, was given to you by jesus.
and jesus said that every american needs at least 10 sturmgewehre, 20 machine guns and a few kilos of pistols to protect yourselve from indians, the queen of england and a tyrannical government.

in the meantime. don't forget to protect yourselve from your mad neighbours. they are sometimes becoming tyrannical too.
and with all those guns around it ends up like we see in all those fancy statistics which places the us among all those nice developing countries.

JK/SEA
12-19-2012, 01:25 PM
that's of course what is called 3 dimensional thinking, right?
well the constitution, as we all know, was given to you by jesus.
and jesus said that every american needs at least 10 sturmgewehre, 20 machine guns and a few kilos of pistols to protect yourselve from indians, the queen of england and a tyrannical government.

in the meantime. don't forget to protect yourselve from your mad neighbours. they are sometimes becoming tyrannical too.
and with all those guns around it ends up like we see in all those fancy statistics which places the us among all thos freedom loving developing countries.

You make it sound like there a mass killings going on every hour of the day...lol...and you know what?..i'm 61, live in the Seattle area, and i have NEVER even seen anyone mass killing people, or, thank God, never seen anyone shooting anyone. Me thinks you watch too many Italian westerns.

James Madison
12-19-2012, 01:27 PM

What needs to be done involves stopping the insane War on Drugs. Legalize the drugs and most of the gun violence will stop.

vienna
12-19-2012, 01:31 PM
You make it sound like there a mass killings going on every hour of the day...lol...and you know what?..i'm 61, live in the Seattle area, and i have NEVER even seen anyone mass killing people, or, thank God, never seen anyone shooting anyone. Me thinks you watch too many Italian westerns.
you haven't seen the war in iraq or afghanistan either, have you?
but still it's an issue, isn't it?

there is a reality outside of your world which can be pinned down in statistics and you can compare those with other countries.
and guess what. the usa are doing terribly ... compared to other developed western countries. of course not if you compare your country to somalia.
but i guess there are different standards out there for what is considered to be a low rate of murder.

JK/SEA
12-19-2012, 01:42 PM

there is a reality outside of your world which can be pinned down in statistics and you can compare those with other countries.
and guess what. the usa are doing terribly ... compared to other developed western countries. of course not if you compare your country to somalia.
but i guess there are different standards out there for what is considered to be a low rate of murder.

What does Iraq and Afganistan have to do with the 2nd Amendment?...

answer: nothing.

tttppp
12-19-2012, 01:44 PM

I dont think you get the point. It reallly doesnt matter how big the guns are that are sold. If a higher percentage of people are carrying guns, people just arent going to try the kind of shit we have been seeing. A friend of mine once told me, if everyone had a gone, if one person tried something, he would have 20 guns pointed right back at him.

Pericles
12-19-2012, 01:46 PM

The following countries in North and South America have lower murder rates than the US: Argentina, Canada, Chile.

Are you suggesting that we need to import more west Europeans and East Asians?

AGRP
12-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Hes an indifferent actor. If his script told him to stand up for gun rights hed do that too.

vienna
12-19-2012, 01:51 PM
I dont think you get the point. It reallly doesnt matter how big the guns are that are sold. If a higher percentage of people are carrying guns, people just arent going to try the kind of shit we have been seeing. A friend of mine once told me, if everyone had a gone, if one person tried something, he would have 20 guns pointed right back at him.
usually one has to pay money to hear hilarious stuff like that.
in which world do you people live? who did you think came up with that shit? the "military industrial complex" i guess.
in reality ... in the reality we live in ... if everybody is constantly armed ... and everybody would point with his or her gun at someone else ... there would be shootings and killings every single day. and that's what reality shows us and what you'll find in the statistics.
look. it's very easy. over here there are very few guns and we have very few deaths because of guns. that's what reality shows us.
and that's what actual police men will tell you. if everyone behaves like a 19th century clint eastwood character ... we would live in a world of bloodshed.

vienna
12-19-2012, 01:52 PM
The following countries in North and South America have lower murder rates than the US: Argentina, Canada, Chile.

Are you suggesting that we need to import more west Europeans and East Asians?
you should watch and learn from countries which are doing way better than you.

tttppp
12-19-2012, 01:55 PM
usually one has to pay money to hear hilarious stuff like that.
in which world do you people live? who did you think came up with that shit? the "military industrial complex" i guess.
in reality ... in the reality we live in ... if everybody is constantly armed ... and everybody would point with his or her gun at someone else ... there would be shootings and killings every single day. and that's what reality shows us and what you'll find in the statistics.
look. it's very easy. over here there are very few guns and we have very few deaths because of guns. that's what reality shows us.
and that's what actual police men will tell you. if everyone behaves like a 19th century clint eastwood character ... we would live in a world of bloodshed.

Thats not my plan. My plan would encourage more gun ownership by people with clean backgrounds and pych testing. Having more good people with guns prevents crime because criminals have to take into consideration that person might have a gun.

belian78
12-19-2012, 01:56 PM
I think Piers is among us, ladies and gents.

Pericles
12-19-2012, 01:57 PM
you should watch and learn from countries which are doing way better than you.

I have lived in Germany for 4 years and Switzerland for 11 years. Ich kann auch Deutsch sprechen.

I'd consider myself better informed about Europe, than you are about the United States. Individual liberty entails accepting some degree of risk, and there are a number of us in the US who accept that risk, and will not allow our rights to suffer further infringement, to the point of insurrection.

vienna
12-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Thats not my plan. My plan would encourage more gun ownership by people with clean backgrounds and pych testing. Having more good people with guns prevents crime because criminals have to take into consideration that person might have a gun.
they have to consider that already. but if they are armed too and surprise you and start to shoot as soon as they enter the room then they won ...
but still .... in reality ... not in your fantasy land ... in reality ... the statistics make a clear argument.
america is doing terribly compared to the other western countries.
over here there are less guns and less killings with guns. that's the reality. if you prefer to live in fantasy land than this is your decision.

vienna
12-19-2012, 02:01 PM
I have lived in Germany for 4 years and Switzerland for 11 years. Ich kann auch Deutsch sprechen.

I'd consider myself better informed about Europe, than you are about the United States. Individual liberty entails accepting some degree of risk, and there are a number of us in the US who accept that risk, and will not allow our rights to suffer further infringement, to the point of insurrection.
well i don't care about your self perception.
we have statistics which make a clear argument.
and you can go and tell your argument of freedom to those people and children who lie a few feet under the earth now.

belian78
12-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Statistics can be made to say anything you want, if you do it right. If only those people buried right now had, had a way to protect themselves they may be alive today.

vienna
12-19-2012, 02:05 PM
Statistics can be made to say anything you want, if you do it right. If only those people buried right now had, had a way to protect themselves they may be alive today.
yeah man ... like in those smart clint eastwood movies, right?
that's how reality works.

http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/wall_embed_images/1342131750_ronald_reagan_riding_a_velociraptor_by_ sharpwriter-d55rsh7.jpg

vienna
12-19-2012, 02:13 PM
http://www.toomanymornings.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/americanjesus.jpg

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/25953508.jpg

JK/SEA
12-19-2012, 02:18 PM
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

But of course vienna would rather see the American people dis-armed, and semi-auto guns confiscated. and to hell with all the soldiers who fought and died to craft and maintain the Constitution.

What chaps my ass is Piers Morgan giving his hollow disclaimer that he 'respects' the 2nd amendment. I suggest this throw back to King George's army is a lying POS but he is getting the attention he wants and needs....lol...

I'm pretty sure he hasn't got the balls to go one on one with Ted Nugent for an hour on primetime CNN.

vienna
12-19-2012, 02:21 PM
your problem is the tyranny of your neighbours who are commiting mass murder in alarmingly short intervalls. not the tyranny of your government.
and if ted nugent is your intellectual role model then i know who i'm talking too.

JK/SEA
12-19-2012, 02:30 PM
your problem is the tyranny of your neighbours who are commiting mass murder in alarmingly short intervalls. not the tyranny of your government.
and if ted nugent is your intellectual role model then i know who i'm talking too.

Ted would have Piers biting the edge of the table with his eyeballs circling inside his head. Piers is a mental midget. You know it, i know it, and most any lucid thinking adult knows it.

I don't agree with Ted on many things, but he speaks for me on the gun issue.

UpperDecker
12-19-2012, 02:32 PM
I hate how people like Piers use the inflated numbers to bolster their argument. People love to make it sound like American's are nothing but gun toting killers. It sure does make your numbers sound higher when you add in the suicides and gang related killings.

Indy Vidual
12-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Is there some reason why so many of you watch TV?

vienna
12-19-2012, 02:33 PM
yeah man, he is a real american. with guns and guts and stuff.
not one of those gay european communists.

JK/SEA
12-19-2012, 02:36 PM
yeah man, he is a real american. with guns and guts and stuff.
not one of those gay european communists.

hahaha...geez...biting the rug already?...we just got started.

Lets have that 'conversation' i keep hearing about WE need to have, and this starts with the Jews in Nazi Germany. Take the guns, get on the train. You approve of this apparently.

vienna
12-19-2012, 02:38 PM
well ... reading this forum ... those stereotypes about the us aren't all wrong i guess.

JK/SEA
12-19-2012, 02:40 PM
well ... reading this forum ... those stereotypes about the us aren't all wrong i guess.

hmmm...and fascist pukes like Piers have been outed...

kahless
12-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Is there some reason why so many of you watch TV?

The herd watches TV. It is the weather forecast for where the country is heading.

It gives you the ability to understand your neighbors, friends, family and co-workers since that is where they likely got their government talking points from.

JK/SEA
12-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Hey vienna...not gonna respond to my Jews and Nazi historical fact?

jkr
12-19-2012, 02:43 PM
What are you, twelve?

make a salient point or move on

jtap
12-19-2012, 02:46 PM
they have to consider that already. but if they are armed too and surprise you and start to shoot as soon as they enter the room then they won ...
but still .... in reality ... not in your fantasy land ... in reality ... the statistics make a clear argument.
over here there are less guns and less killings with guns. that's the reality. if you prefer to live in fantasy land than this is your decision.

Yeah, better to let them finish killing the room and then themselves long before the cops show up to bag their body than them only killing a fraction of the room before taking a bullet from someone who is allowed to carry and is in the room or nearby.

Your fantasy is better because if america added the strict no gun laws of Europe all the criminals will turn in their guns and america will be gunless in no time. THREAT AVERTED. Exactly because of what you mention, (there are less guns over there) you can't even compare Europe to the US because there are so many existing firearms in the country that any law to restrict law abiding citizens from possessing weapons won't hinder the supply out there for the criminals by any substantial amount.

Where is the example of a country that had guns aplenty (about a gun for ever person in the population) that went to strict gun control? Those are the only stats that could help your argument...if they were favourable.

vienna
12-19-2012, 02:46 PM
Hey vienna...not gonna respond to my Jews and Nazi historical fact?
no. i will leave it to you missusing the holocaust and all it's dead and tortured for this discussion.

vienna
12-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Yeah, better to let them finish killing the room and then themselves long before the cops show up to bag their body than them only killing a fraction of the room before taking a bullet from someone who is allowed to carry and is in the room or nearby.

Your fantasy is better because if america added the strict no gun laws of Europe all the criminals will turn in their guns and america will be gunless in no time. THREAT AVERTED. You can't even compare Europe to the US because there are so many existing firearms in the country that any law to restrict law abiding citizens from possessing weapons won't hinder the supply out there for the criminals by any substantial amount.

Where is the example of a country that had guns aplenty (about a gun for ever person in the population) that went to strict gun control? Those are the only stats that could help your argument...if they were favourable.
there were wars and civil wars in nearly all european countries within the last 100 or 200 years.
jugslavia was the last one.
but there is also politics and regulation.

JK/SEA
12-19-2012, 02:49 PM
no. i will leave it to you missusing the holocaust and all it's dead and tortured for this discussion.

got it. You approve of people not being able to defend themselves from a tyrannical government. You are truly a lost soul.

vienna
12-19-2012, 02:53 PM
got it. You approve of people not being able to defend themselves from a tyrannical government. You are truly a lost soul.
you disgusting person will go on with this absurd claim that the jews could have prevented the holocaust if they would have had enough guns?
do you have no decency in your body?
do you ever think before making such absurd statements?
england, france, poland and the rest of europe combined couldn't stop the nazis. but a bunch of armed jews in german cities would have stopped the ss from coming after them.
i can see sigmund freud and arnold schönberg fighting the sa with their rifles. just like you rednecks would have done it, ey?

JK/SEA
12-19-2012, 02:56 PM
you disgusting person will go on with this absurd claim that the jews could have prevented the holocaust if they would have had enough guns?

oh?...not true?....are you telling me it was a good idea for the Jews not to have guns?...i wonder how many NAZI's would have been killed, or perhaps just perhaps the holocaust would never taken place...you going to tell me otherwise?...geez...your mindset is breath taking.

Humanae Libertas
12-19-2012, 02:57 PM
What Piers Moron won't tell you about his homeland:

Culture of violence: Gun crime goes up by 89% in a decade (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1223193/Culture-violence-Gun-crime-goes-89-decade.html)

Gun crime soars by 35% (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-154307/Gun-crime-soars-35.html)
28 gun crimes committed in UK every day (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1576406/28-gun-crimes-committed-in-UK-every-day.html)

GunnyFreedom
12-19-2012, 02:57 PM
well i don't care about your self perception.
we have statistics which make a clear argument.
and you can go and tell your argument of freedom to those people and children who lie a few feet under the earth now.

90% of statistics are made up on the spot. I think you claim a larger than average share of the 90.

JK/SEA
12-19-2012, 02:58 PM
I think Piers...errr...vienna wants to be banned....

belian78
12-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Absolutely, positively it would have. I would go so far as to say that if the jewish population of Germany stood their ground at the onset of the whole ordeal, we would be learning a completely different version of history today.

And Piers, what I mean to say is that long before The Night of Glass, had they stood up for themselves.

jtap
12-19-2012, 02:59 PM

He didn't say they could have prevented it. Why is it not ok to ask if you don't think they would have had a better chance if they were all armed? Doesn't seem indecent to postulate such things when you are postulating that the same laws as places in Europe would magically make America have a similar or identical murder rate. No one knows...why can't we discusss this? Do you not want to learn from the mistakes of the past?

What do you think they would have preferred, to be armed and die fighting or be taken to camps? I'm sure many did die fighting but with similar or equivalent firepower to the criminals you have better odds.

GunnyFreedom
12-19-2012, 03:00 PM
england, france, poland and the rest of europe combined couldn't stop the nazis. but a bunch of armed jews in german cities would have stopped the ss from coming after them.
i can see sigmund freud and arnold schönberg fighting the sa with their rifles. just like you rednecks would have done it, ey?

LOL you think it was better they had to sit there and take it? And why do you so deeply discount their capabilities? I think they would have been marvelous. Do you think they were somehow....less... than the Germans or something?

Because I sure don't.

In fact, I'd be offended on their behalf if you had called them inept because of their race.

vienna
12-19-2012, 03:03 PM
oh?...not true?....are you telling me it was a good idea for the Jews not to have guns?...i wonder how many NAZI's would have been killed, or perhaps just perhaps the holocaust would never taken place...you going to tell me otherwise?...geez...your mindset is breath taking.
who told you that they had no guns?
but what do you do if the sa stands in front of your door? shooting at them?
what do you think they'd make with you and your family? in what sort of reality do you people live?
stop watching die hard movies.

the nazis overrun the whole of europe. and you think you could have played bruce willis and stopped the nazis with your gun?
wow. i heard some bullshit in my life. but you people are so far away from everything i was expecting. man that's ... wow. incredible.
you'd not even stop using the holocaust for your obscene fairytales.

JK/SEA
12-19-2012, 03:03 PM

Riiight....good thing George Washington didn't have you in his army.

vienna
12-19-2012, 03:05 PM
well right now i'm actually quite glad that i'm not american. you're right.

VanBummel
12-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Facts and question for vienna:

The US has a really poor record of being able to prohibit people from owning or using things.

Alcohol prohibition was a failure - Alcohol increased in value, people continued to drink illegally, and prohibition lead to huge increases in organized crime.

Drug prohibition is a failure - Drugs increased in value, people continue to use drugs illegally, and prohibition has lead to huge increases in gang crime.

Some people think that guns are too dangerous to own and use, so they want heavier gun control, possibly including bans and confiscations. They seem to think that as soon as someone declares guns are bad and illegal that they will all disappear and no one will want them anymore, but that is not supported by history.

Why do you think gun prohibition will be so successful when other attempts of the government to prevent the ownership and use of controversial things have been such colossal failures?

JK/SEA
12-19-2012, 03:06 PM
who told you that they had no guns?
but what do you do if the sa stands in front of your door? shooting at them?
what do you think they'd make with you and your family? in what sort of reality do you people live?
stop watching die hard movies.

the nazis overrun the whole of europe. and you think you could have played bruce willis and stopped the nazis with your gun.
wow. i heard some bullshit in my life. but you people are so fare away from everything i was expecting. man that's ... wow. incredible.
you'd not even stop using the holocaust for your obscene arguments.

hard for you to believe there aren't cowards out there isn't it?

those teachers were un-armed, and yet found the guts to stand up against this a-hole and paid with their lives. I submit Piers Morgan is a coward.

belian78
12-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Well technically we didn't win the war of independence, we just refused to lose. The king was already fighting france and spain, he was having much more trouble with us than he was willing to put up with. However as to the point being made, what it comes down to is an armed citizen at least can die fighting for his/her freedom, not let themselves be loaded into cattle-cars with not even a whimper.

vienna
12-19-2012, 03:09 PM
hard for you to believe there aren't cowards out there isn't it?

those teachers were un-armed, and yet found the guts to stand up against this a-hole and paid with their lives. I submit Piers Morgan is a coward.
do you call those jewish parents who found themselves to stand in front of a group of highly trained and armed sa and ss soldiers cowards?
what would you have done? would you have shot at those people who were standing in front of your apartment in berlin?
yeah?

can you imagine what they would have done with you and your children if you would have hurt some of them? can you imagine that?
do you know what happened to those who tried it? because there were those who tried it. in the warsawian ghetto for example.

vienna
12-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Why do you think gun prohibition will be so successful when other attempts of the government to prevent the ownership and use of controversial things have been such colossal failures?
because in nearly every other western country there are a lot less guns and a lot less killings with guns.

JK/SEA
12-19-2012, 03:12 PM
do you call those jewish parents who found themselves to stand in front of a group of highly trained and armed sa and ss soldiers cowards?
what would you have done? would you have shot at those people who were standing in front of your apartment in berlin?
yeah?

can you imagine what they would have done with you and your children if you would have hurt some of them? can you imagine that?
do you know what happened to those who tried it? because there were those who tried it?
there were even uprisings in the ghettos.

Apparently there were not enough guns for the mundanes... Why was that?...

and well according to your logic, its better to roll over and not try...

belian78
12-19-2012, 03:13 PM
yeah?

do you know what happened to those who tried it? because there were those who tried it?
there were even uprisings in the ghettos.
I know what our forefathers did in a similar situation, they fought. Knowing full well what would/could happen to them and their families, they fought. They might not have 'won' in a conventional sense, but they found liberty to be so precious an idea, and one so important that they were willing to die for it. I feel so very sorry for you, not having that sort of example in your country's history.

vienna
12-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Apparently there were not enough guns. Why was that?...
there were enough guns.

vienna
12-19-2012, 03:14 PM
I know what our forefathers did in a similar situation, they fought. Knowing full well what would/could happen to them and their families, they fought. They might not have 'won' in a conventional sense, but they found liberty to be so precious that they were willing to die for it. I feel so very sorry for you, not having that sort of example in your country's history.
you don't even know what the world looks like outside of your country let alone the history of people in different times and different places.

belian78
12-19-2012, 03:15 PM
because in nearly every other western country there are a lot less guns and a lot less killings with guns.
I can't wait to see how riled you are on your show tonight you toad. LOL

belian78
12-19-2012, 03:15 PM
you don't even know what the world looks like outside of your country let alone the history of people in different times and different places.*pinches your cheeks* So cute!!!!

JK/SEA
12-19-2012, 03:19 PM
there were enough guns.

bullshit. they were confiscated.

staerker
12-19-2012, 03:19 PM
The UK has less cars AND a lower traffic related death rate! ZOMG regulate carrrrzzzzz

belian78
12-19-2012, 03:20 PM
well ... i understand that you us american übermenschen would have kicked the nazis asses. unlike the jewish **** who just let the holocaust happen.
I have no idea what the outcome would have been, but they would have had a free man's fighting chance. And I find your slander of the jewish race completely out of line, hopefully the mods feel the same.

JK/SEA
12-19-2012, 03:20 PM
well ... i understand that you us american übermenschen would have kicked the nazis asses. unlike the jewish **** who just let the holocaust happen.

jewish ****?....well one thing is true. You lack decorum and decency.

vienna
12-19-2012, 03:24 PM
bullshit. they were confiscated.
bullshit. there are plenty of stories were jewish people had guns in their homes.
but of course they wouldn't have used them against a gang of nazis standing in front of their doors.
that would not only have ment imminent suicide. but death for the rest of the family as well.
probably even torture.
but i guess those jewish people back then were a bit too smart for this kind of mindless shooting.

vienna
12-19-2012, 03:25 PM
I have no idea what the outcome would have been, but they would have had a free man's fighting chance. And I find your slander of the jewish race completely out of line, hopefully the mods feel the same.
you said that they didn't behave like you americans would have done. not me.
you are dismissing their behaviour, not me.
it's you crazy people who are comming up with that bullshit. not me.
it's you who are instrumentalizing the holocaust for your weird and absurd world view, not me.

belian78
12-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Piers, you're really stretching here mate. Calm down, or you're gonna need another Xanax before the show.

*note to actual RPF'rs* He's really really trying to get a dumb reaction out of one of us. Let him hang himself, he's already called jews **** and pussies.

sailingaway
12-19-2012, 03:27 PM
The point is there are a million guns here that aren't registered, some number like that. They aren't going away. GIVEN that, in the US statistics show that violent crime goes down significantly when concealed carry laws allowing people to carry guns are passed. The criminals don't like not knowing who is armed.

We have a different history.

I agree that a handgun against a squad of Nazis when people had families to consider and the initial step wasn't extermination but moving to ghettos probably wasn't taken as the answer. Sad, though.

belian78
12-19-2012, 03:27 PM
you said that they didn't behave like you americans would have done. not me.
it's you crazy people who are comming up with that bullshit. not me.
it's you who are instrumentalizing the holocaust for your weird and absurd world view, not me.
Putting words in my mouth sir, I said no such thing.

Pericles
12-19-2012, 03:28 PM

Read about the http://www.ilovelithuania.com/profiles/blogs/the-lithuanian-forest-brothers

(http://www.ilovelithuania.com/profiles/blogs/the-lithuanian-forest-brothers)

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Vienna, using terms like that will not be tolerated here. People are free to disagree as long as they can do so without personal attacks, racist drivel and ad hominems. If you have a conflicting viewpoint or evidence to present than please do so without attacking entire races, cultures and nationalities.

JK/SEA
12-19-2012, 03:30 PM
bullshit. there are plenty of stories were jewish people had guns in their homes.
but of course they wouldn't have used them against a gang of nazis standing in front of their doors.
that would not only have ment imminent suicide. but death for the rest of the family as well.
probably even torture.
but i guess those jewish people back then were a bit too smart for those kind of mindless shooting.

you're missing the point. The 2nd Amendment was put in place to prevent what happened in NAZI germany, to having it happen to this new country, and the founders in their infinite wisdom from reading about history in europe and ancient writings of tyranny saw fit to assert this natural right of self defense...geez...really..you don't get it do you?...sad for you.

Hey, do you have a gun free zone sign on your house?

A Son of Liberty
12-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Posted by member ProIndividual, at another forum:

Mass murder shootings happen 20 times a year in the USA on average...but that is less than 2% of all gun murders. It isn't the big threat in terms of annual gun murders. It is also one of the least preventable causes (because crazy people use cars, knives, rope, fire, fists, bombs, etc., to murder people). So what are the causes of the vast majority of gun murders (which would matter to those interested in actually reducing gun murder)?

Some wish to have gun control and gun bans in the wake of our last few mass shooting tragedies.

At what cost? Childproof society because a SMALL number (per capita) abuse the right? There are 200,000,000 guns in the USA, and 40-60 million people own those guns. Until this last year, which the FBI will have no official stats for until 2 years from now BTW, the crime rates, including violent crime and gun crime, had been falling for 30-50 years (moreso in the last 30). And this year there was only a slight uptick (several years into a recession no less, where people turn to drug "crime" for supplemental income). The population growth and guns in circulation, not to mention legal permits to carry guns, over that 30 years has far outpaced the gun murder growth. So even though the total gun murders probably went up this year, we still have a declining rate overall in the last 3 decades. I'll overestimate and say we had 13,000 gun murders, and do a little math for you.

Let's say the 40-60 million gun owners are 50 million owners...right in the middle (the average estimate).

200 million guns / 50 million = 4 guns per owner on average.

200 million guns / 13,000 gun murders = 15,384.62 guns per murder (that's a lot of guns not killing people)

Percentage chance a gun in the USA will murder = .0065% (or 6.5 in every 1000 guns...that's 993.5 guns in every 1000 guns not murdering people)

50 million gun owners / 13,000 gun murders = 3,846.15 gun owners not murdering for every 1 gun murder (that's a lot of gun owners not murdering anyone)

Percentage chance a gun owner will murder with a gun = .026% (or 26 in every 1,000...that's 974 gun owners in every 1,000 not murdering anyone)

315,000,000 American people / 13,000 gun murders = 24,230.77 Americans per 1 gun murder victim

Percentage chance you as an American will be murdered by a gun = .0041% (that's 4.1 in every 1,000...or a tiny threat for the mathematically challenged. You have a better chance at dying of the flu - 33,000 flu deaths per year in the USA)

Permits to carry guns and total guns in circulation in the USA has never been higher (which is not the same as ownership rate, which is actually down)...and yet the threat is very, very low. Still think all those other people should give up their rights for a threat less than the flu? Please recall that almost 70% of gun murders are commited by criminals, not law abiding citizens. No gun ban or gun control logically affects them, as they already don't abide laws, and we aren't on an island where getting guns is hard when they are banned (it's easier in say England or Australia, because of geography, to ban guns).

Now let's compare to the Holy Grail of gun control advocates (Canada and England) who value freedom so low as to want "to purchase temporary safety at the expense of liberty", as Ben Franklin put it (he said you will "get neither" when you do that, and I'll add "you deserve neither"). BTW, I'd point out Canada didn't outlaw guns at all in reality :

Canada's population 35.5 million / 126 gun murders = 281,746 citizens per gun murder

Percentage chance of being murdered by a gun as a Canadian = .0004% (4 in every 10,000)

Gun owners in Canada is 10.934 million / 126 gun murders = 86,777.78 gun owners per gun murder

Percentage chance a gun owner in Canada murders you with a gun = .0012% (1.2 in every 1,000)

Now let's look at England's gun ban paradise:

England's population 53 million / 39 gun murders = 1,358,974 citizens per gun murder

Percentage chance of being murdered by a gun in England = .0001% (or 1 in 10,000)

Gun owners in England 1.8 million / 39 gun murders = 46,153.85 gun owners per 1 murder by gun

Percentage chance a English gun owner murders you with a gun = .0022% (2.2 in every 1,000)

I'd point out gun CRIMES (not just murders) in England have soared upward 35% since the gun bans. Criminals used handguns in 46% more crimes, and it was the fourth consecutive year to see a rise...there were more than 2,200 more gun crimes last year, the most since the previous peak in 1993.

Stats show the number of crimes involving handguns have more than doubled since the post-Dunblane massacre, which brought about the ban on the weapons, from 2,636 in 1997-1998 to 5,871.

Unadjusted figures showed overall recorded crime in the 12 months to last September rose 9.3%, but the Home Office stressed that new procedures had skewed the figures.

Shadow home secretary Oliver Letwin said: "These figures are truly terrible.

"Despite the street crime initiative, robbery is massively up. So are gun-related crimes, domestic burglary, retail burglary, and drug offenses.

"The only word for this is failure: the Government's response of knee-jerk reactions, gimmicks and initiatives is not working and confused signals on sentences for burglary will not help either."

So England's gun bans may have lowered total murders, and even the rate of murders, but the violent crime rates are soaring. Guns are a game theory mathematical deterent to crime, especially violent crime, believe it or not.

So what can we get from all these stats?

Population matters, as does other factors besides guns themselves:

The whole story is told in the percentage chance a gun owner will murder with a gun - USA is .026%, Canada is .0012%, and England's is .0022%.

As you can see, Canada has a higher rate of ownership of guns and more total guns than England, and yet has a LOWER gun owner murder rate than England! That means it isn't guns that are the factor making England murder more. So why is Canada so low, while England is nearly double that? Why is the USA more than 10 times higher than England? All of this is adjusted for population and total guns in society...so what is the factor making us so much more prone to murder (even if it is a tiny threat overall to life) here in the USA?

THE DRUG WAR.

In England they have a drug war, but they do not focus on possession. Meanwhile we lock up nonviolent criminals at the almost the exact same rate as violent ones in America. Canada has legal marijuana in some areas, and has for years, and takes a very relaxed attitude toward drug use in general (although they have laws which are largely unenforced).

Just like during the Prohibition of alcohol, murder rates have soared under the Drug War. So has our incarcerations and incarceration rates...we now lock up more people in total than any other country in the world (yes, even the vastly more populated China and India)! That's total and per capita! "Land of the Free"? Think again. "Land of the prisoner" is more accurate. We arrested more than 750,000 people last year for just marijuana! 86% of those arrests were for small amounts; simple possession charges. It's not only tyrannical, it's a waste of resources which fuels a black market run by criminal sociopaths, and takes resources away from fighting actual violent crime like theft, property damage, assault, rape, child abuse, and murder.

This War on Drugs (and personal adult freedom) has given us the street gang phenomenon on the scales we see today. Chicago alone has dozens of separate drug gangs. They also have a high murder rate to go along with super-strict gun control in comparison to other cities...because guns aren't the problem, the Drug War is. Many of their gangs can trace their roots to either the beginning of Prohibition, or the beginning of the modern Drug War.

In Honduras where gun murders are most common and horribly frequent, they have gun rights...but they also have a country which is a main thoroughfaire for the illegal drug trade. By comparison, Uruguay has almost the same gun ownership rates as the USA and the same gun rights as well, yet they have a lower gun murder rate because they have no war on drugs. In fact, their govt is seriously considering selling marijuana to its citizens to get the drug trade completely above-board!

If you want our rate of murder to decrease via guns you don't take away guns, you end the Drug War. If you have any doubts about this go look at the murder rates after alcohol Prohibition began, and then after it ended. Also look at countries that have already ended their Drug Wars.

Crime rates in Prohibition rose immediately 78%, 24% in just one year from 1920-1921 (the first year)

http://library.thinkquest.org/04oct/00492/Crime_Rate.htm

The murder rate was cut in nearly half (40% decline), from 10 per 100,000 to 6 per 100,000 when Prohibition ended. This was directly caused by the repeal of Prohibition in 1933.

http://www.cato.org/publications/policy-analysis/alcohol-prohibition-was-failure

If we want to half our gun murders, legalize drugs. If you want to further bring it down address the next major cause; domestic violence. Spanking children leads to many issues surrounding violence, but especially domestic violence. If domestic violence is how you raise children, then expect them to use it themselves as adults. A small number of those people will kill a domestic relative or partner. The gun simply facilitates it.

The final point I'll make is that if only .026% of gun owners murder someone with a gun, then 99.974% of gun owners don't kill someone with a gun. It's hard to argue we need to punish the 99.974% for what the .026% do. That kind of illogic is used in schools to punish classrooms full of kids for what one anonymous child has done...and it leads to bullying, because children then ostracize their peers who are guilty (and they don't know how to ostracize responsibly, so it ends up in bullying). We should use a more logical approach on adults. In a nation of 315 million people, with a Drug War raging and domestic violence against kids being the norm, a 99.974% responsible gun owner rate is unbelievably good. Perspective, instead of irrational fear and knee-jerk reaction, is what helps here.

ADDED:

Someone said they thought we could half gun murder by ending the drug war, but the we'd double the drunk/drugged driving deaths...but that is illogical. No one has any problem getting drugs now, and they already drive on them now. Also, when drugs were legalized across the board in other nations the usage only went up slightly, and in some nations actually decreased. Plus, when we re-legalized alcohol the usage here only went up slightly, while alcoholism went down (especially among minors), and the murder rate fell in that first year (1933) 40%. THINK through why your criticisms might not be logical...and Bing or Google them to see people have already answered these illogical and/or irrational reservations.

Lastly, someone else said they would never change their mind about being anti-gun no matter the evidence...but again, that is irrational. There are irrational people who won't fly even though they ADMIT cars are more likely to kill them. They drive but won't fly...that is irrational. Guns are less likely to kill a kid than swimming pools. How afraid are you of swimming pools? Cars kill more people than guns...how afraid are you of cars? Gun murder is almost 3 times less likely to kill you than the normal flu virus...how afraid are you of guns vs the flu? Being rational means fearing things based on thr actual RATIONAL chance they have to kill you, not the IRRATIONAL fear of HOW it might kill you. Guns are not nearly as dangerous as the media and most anti-gun people think they are.

In fact, more lives are saved in the USA every year than are taken by guns every year. They are in reality, indisputably, a NET GAIN of life. If only 2% of the 750,000 crimes prevented by private guns (FBI stat) save one life (or 1% saves 2 lives, etc.), then more lives are saved than taken. BTW...sutdies show many more than that are saved by guns...the estimate by Clinton Administration study was 2 million lives per year...which might be high...and other more intensive studies show the number to be in the tens of thousands, up to 200,000, per year. But EVEN IF the number was only 15,000 as I suggested with my 2% number, we're still looking at more lives saved than murdered.

FURTHER ADDED:

A study done by the Harvard Jounal of Law and Public Policy reports some interesting statistics.

The study, which appeared in Volume 30, Number 2 of the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy (pp. 649-694), set out to answer the question in its title: "Would Banning Firearms Reduce Murder and Suicide? A Review of International and Some Domestic Evidence." Contrary to conventional wisdom, and the sniffs of our more sophisticated and generally anti-gun counterparts across the pond, the answer is "no." And not just no, as in there is no correlation between gun ownership and violent crime, but an emphatic no, showing a negative correlation: as gun ownership increases, murder and suicide decreases.

The findings of two criminologists - Prof. Don Kates and Prof. Gary Mauser - in their exhaustive study of American and European gun laws and violence rates, are telling:

Nations with stringent anti-gun laws generally have substantially higher murder rates than those that do not. The study found that the nine European nations with the lowest rates of gun ownership (5,000 or fewer guns per 100,000 population) have a combined murder rate three times higher than that of the nine nations with the highest rates of gun ownership (at least 15,000 guns per 100,000 population).

For example, Norway has the highest rate of gun ownership in Western Europe, yet possesses the lowest murder rate. In contrast, Holland's murder rate is nearly the worst, despite having the lowest gun ownership rate in Western Europe. Sweden and Denmark are two more examples of nations with high murder rates but few guns. As the study's authors write in the report:

If the mantra "more guns equal more death and fewer guns equal less death" were true, broad cross-national comparisons should show that nations with higher gun ownership per capita consistently have more death. Nations with higher gun ownership rates, however, do not have higher murder or suicide rates than those with lower gun ownership. Indeed many high gun ownership nations have much lower murder rates. (p. 661)

www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf

STILL FURTHER ADDED:

It appears there is also NO correlation between single parenthood, violent video games, movies, TV shows, music, one religion or another (or lack thereof), etc.

Like guns, those are just NOT causal to high gun murder rates, despite the illogic used to say they are. (To be clear, it is intuitive to think guns and these other things cause the problem...but there is NO factual basis for it, and the factual nature of things is often deductively logical, and counter-intuitive.)

vienna
12-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Vienna, using terms like that will not be tolerated here. People are free to disagree as long as they can do so without personal attacks, racist drivel and ad hominems. If you have a conflicting viewpoint or evidence to present than please do so without attacking entire races, cultures and nationalities.
what the f....

you let it happen that people are missusing the holocaust for their weird and fact free world view.
you let it happen that people calling the jews indirectly cowards because they were trying to defend their families and didn't shoot at the nazis when they were standing in front of their doors and you are accusing me of racism?

what'S wrong with you people?

vienna
12-19-2012, 03:36 PM
you're missing the point. The 2nd Amendment was put in place to prevent what happened in NAZI germany, to having it happen to this new country, and the founders in their infinite wisdom from reading about history in europe and ancient writings of tyranny saw fit to assert this natural right of self defense...geez...really..you don't get it do you?...sad for you.

Hey, do you have a gun free zone sign on your house?
you are all completely batshit crazy.
that's the last word i'll write here. to the mods: please delete my account.
i want nothing to do with you people. you disgust me.
i've never seen anything like this before. this is out of the world.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-19-2012, 03:37 PM
what the f....

you let it happen that people are missusing the holocaust for their weird and fact free world view.
you let it happen that people calling the jews indirectly cowards because they were trying to defend their families and didn't shoot at the nazis when they were standing in front of their doors and you are accusing me of racism?

Saying someone should have fought back is a valid argument and something that can be debated in a civilized manner. Responding in a knee jerk reaction and calling people "Jewish ****" while bashing everyone here is not. You are trolling and you know it. So either cut it out or I will cut it out for you. End of story!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-19-2012, 03:37 PM

I cannot delete your account but I can help with the rest. Enjoy Socialism!

matt0611
12-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Piers acts like a little boy and just screams insults at the guy because he can't debate worth shit.

Wish the UK would take him back.

belian78
that's the last word i'll write here. please delete my account.
You'll be back, they always are.

Brett85
Why are we allowing a troll to post here?

JK/SEA
12-19-2012, 03:39 PM
what the f....

hey Sherlock...Hitler took guns away leaving the Jews defenseless, and you approve. Not much else to say....

You banned Piers Morgan?...

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Why are we allowing a troll to post here?

He is gone now.

A Son of Liberty
12-19-2012, 03:42 PM
He is gone now.

I was really hoping he would get a chance to read the post from ProIndividual I added and apologize for all his misrepresentations of the truth which were exposed therein. Oh well.

jtap
12-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Posted by member ProIndividual, at another forum:

Good post. Thanks for sharing.

I was really hoping he would get a chance to read the post from ProIndividual I added and apologize for all his misrepresentations of the truth which were exposed therein. Oh well.

Maybe you can contact ProIndividual to get the % chance that would have actually happened. I'm guessing it would be close to 0.

JK/SEA
12-19-2012, 03:43 PM

LOL....good one.

thehungarian
12-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Pratt's last line, ""Ask Neville Chamberlain, you're role model" was a fucking sick burn and got an lol out of me. Morgan should be reprimanded for attempting to verbally abuse a guest like that, but it backfired on him and he ended up looking like a childish fool.

thehungarian
12-19-2012, 04:06 PM

Piers?

Danan
12-19-2012, 04:30 PM
I can't decide on who I want hate more right now, Piers Morgan or vienna, but I sure hope that was a permabann and I apologize for my entire country if this idiot is actually from Austria.

The funny fact is, that there are countless of privately owned and unregistered weapons in Austria. Almost in every house in rural areas there is some kind of old gun, the government is not aware off. Hell my garndmother even has one - and living alone she's of the opinion that if anyone broke into her house, she wouldn't wait for the police to safe her, but shoot the mofo!

They actually tried to enforce gun registration recently. I don't know if that passed, but I'm entirely positive that nobody is stupid enough to abide such a law. You won't let the government know that you posess weapons, if they are eager to take them away from you.

Switzerland is quite safe too. It's amongst the safest countries in the world, whilst having extremely liberal (in the good sense) gun laws and a huge amount of privately owned guns. The reason why the US has such a high gun related crime rate, is because there are some areas in cities like Detroit or Baltimore that are awful neighborhoods with mass poverty, drug cartells and gangs. Interestingly enough those are the areas with the most welfare, the strictest gun laws and the thoughest war on drugs...

Brian4Liberty
12-19-2012, 04:33 PM
check, plus rep. Send this redcoat back across the atlantic.

Culture of violence: Gun crime goes up by 89% in a decade (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1223193/Culture-violence-Gun-crime-goes-89-decade.html)

Gun crime soars by 35% (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-154307/Gun-crime-soars-35.html)
28 gun crimes committed in UK every day (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1576406/28-gun-crimes-committed-in-UK-every-day.html)

Piers Morgan is a living example of this warning from Thomas Jefferson:

They will bring with them the principles of the governments they leave,
imbibed 1n their early youth; or, if able to throw them off, it
will be in exchange for an unbounded licentiousness, passing, as is usual,
from one extreme to another. It would be a miracle were they to stop precisely
at the point of temperate liberty. These principles., with their language, they
will transmit to their children. In proportion to their numbers, they will
share with us the legislation.

itshappening
12-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Dhttp://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/bayou/files/2011/09/banned.jpg

tttppp
12-19-2012, 04:41 PM

What does that have to do with what I said? I never advocated that we should just give a gun to everyone. We should be encouraging responsible people to own guns, and for there to be guns available at locations with large amounts of people packed togethetr, that way one asshole cant just start killing everyone.

itshappening
12-19-2012, 04:44 PM
Don't feed the troll.

LibertyEagle
12-19-2012, 04:59 PM

In what year did the UK ban guns?

Brian4Liberty
12-19-2012, 05:05 PM

It has been incremental over the centuries.

United Kingdom

Many laws governing possession and use of firearms have been passed over the years in the UK and the countries comprising the union; there is a historical discussion at Gun politics in the United Kingdom#History of gun control in the United Kingdom

The English Assizes of Arms of 1181 and 1252 governed arms, but predated firearms
The Bill of Rights 1689, England
The Disarming Acts of 1716 and 1725, Great Britain Act applicable explicitly to the Highlands of Scotland
The Act of Proscription 1746, essentially a restatement with harsher penalties of the Disarming Acts
The Vagrancy Act 1824
The Night Poaching Act 1828
The Game Act 1831
The Night Poaching Act 1844
The Poaching Prevention Act 1862
The Gun Licence Act (1870)
The Pistols Act 1903
The Firearms Act 1920 (10 & 11 Geo 5 c 43)
The Firearms and Imitation Firearms (Criminal Use) Act 1933 (23 & 24 Geo 5 c 50)
The Firearms Act 1934 (24 & 25 Geo 5 c 16)
The Firearms (Amendment) Act 1936 (26 Geo 5 & 1 Edw 8 c 39)
The Firearms Act 1937 (1 Edw 8 & 1 Geo 6 c 12)
The Firearms Act 1965 (c 44)
The Firearms Act 1968
The Firearms Act 1982
The Firearms (Amendment) Act 1988
The Firearms (Amendment) Act 1992
The Firearms (Amendment) Act 1994
The Firearms (Amendment) Act 1997
The Firearms (Amendment) (No. 2) Act 1997
The Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 Part 2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearms_Act#United_Kingdom

COpatriot
12-19-2012, 05:09 PM

Aww the little troll took his ball and went home. Adios you sissy little eurotrash idiot. No one will miss you or your self-righteous lectures.

FrancisMarion
12-19-2012, 05:35 PM

It has been incremental over the centuries.

United Kingdom

Many laws governing possession and use of firearms have been passed over the years in the UK and the countries comprising the union; there is a historical discussion at Gun politics in the United Kingdom#History of gun control in the United Kingdom

The English Assizes of Arms of 1181 and 1252 governed arms, but predated firearms
The Bill of Rights 1689, England
The Disarming Acts of 1716 and 1725, Great Britain Act applicable explicitly to the Highlands of Scotland
The Act of Proscription 1746, essentially a restatement with harsher penalties of the Disarming Acts
The Vagrancy Act 1824
The Night Poaching Act 1828
The Game Act 1831
The Night Poaching Act 1844
The Poaching Prevention Act 1862
The Gun Licence Act (1870)
The Pistols Act 1903
The Firearms Act 1920 (10 & 11 Geo 5 c 43)
The Firearms and Imitation Firearms (Criminal Use) Act 1933 (23 & 24 Geo 5 c 50)
The Firearms Act 1934 (24 & 25 Geo 5 c 16)
The Firearms (Amendment) Act 1936 (26 Geo 5 & 1 Edw 8 c 39)
The Firearms Act 1937 (1 Edw 8 & 1 Geo 6 c 12)
The Firearms Act 1965 (c 44)
The Firearms Act 1968
The Firearms Act 1982
The Firearms (Amendment) Act 1988
The Firearms (Amendment) Act 1992
The Firearms (Amendment) Act 1994
The Firearms (Amendment) Act 1997
The Firearms (Amendment) (No. 2) Act 1997
The Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 Part 2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firear...United_Kingdom

I have bolded when they started taking records on the homocide rate per 100,000 people in England and Wales. What's interesting is that this percentage has remained constant (actually a slight rise) but still negligible when dealing with 100ths of a percent.

See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate_by_ decade

Another interesting point is that El Salvador ranks among the highest homocide rate in the world and yet it is nearly at the bottom when evaluated at number of guns per 100 people. El Salvador has 5.8 guns per 100 people while we have 88.8 per 100.

Please look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate
and here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country

It is true that advanced health care will effect these numbers, but that alone can explain the large discrepancy. Take a look and decide for yourself.

Hey Vienna, I was researching your "statistical proof" for you while you were getting banned. Too bad you can't respond, I doubt you would anyway. ;)

RockEnds
12-19-2012, 05:54 PM
If, as Vienna seems to insinuate, Europe has evolved past the need to be armed, would someone please send my 'Murican son home. And while I'm on the subject, please refund the American taxpayer's contribution to the defense of Europe. They obviously don't need cowboys and rednecks like us.

BuddyRey
12-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Do you guys think that troll vienna was really Piers Morgan, or just a loyal acolyte?

sluggo
12-19-2012, 06:01 PM
I just gave the GOA twenty dollars.

Thanks, Piers! I wouldn't have done it without you.

BuddyRey
12-19-2012, 06:49 PM
By the way, this thread title just gave me a great idea. Someone needs to take a picture of Piers Morgan and put the "scumbag Steve" cap on him. That meme would yield some pretty lulzy captions.

Confederate
12-19-2012, 07:23 PM

But higher violent crime rates

luctor-et-emergo
12-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Do you guys think that troll vienna was really Piers Morgan, or just a loyal acolyte?
Question, should we care ?

Bossobass
12-19-2012, 07:55 PM
TV is shit.

Vienna Boy sounds like he's had a bit too much of it himself with the whole cowboys and indians and Clint Eastwood references.

The US has done pretty well for itself over the last 300 or so years. We bailed Austria out from having to suck Hiltler's behind past 1945. Austrians (German wannabes in my experiences) were Fascists before that back to 1934 and who can count how many ways the wind blew them before that.

Everything Austrians wanted to buy for the past 100 or so years was invented here in this batshit crazy murder infested country, from false teeth to the space shuttle. We not only went to the moon, our guys got bored with it and hit golf balls up there to break the tedium. So, I guess we're to blame for the batshit crazy satellite communications thing that allows you to soak your brain in TV shows and movies.

It's the pharma drugs, stupid, not the guns. Oh yeah, those batshit Euro Pharma companies in Belgium, Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, UK, Sweden, one of which marketed LSD under some groovy sounding name and actually recommended psychiatrists take it themselves before prescribing it.

I'm the last guy to try to defend the US military industrial complex (a phrase coined by Dwight Eisenhower in 1960) for raping the US treasury and illegally invading whomever Exxon tells them to. But, don't dare place any of their blood on the hands of the decent gun owners in the US who've out produced every group that every walked on this planet and bailed out Europe from total destruction twice, physically and many times financially.

It's kinda bullshit, ya know?

BTW, isn't Vienna the rape capital of Europe? Shouldn't Vienna Boy be carrying an anti-porn sign back there while pissing on his batshit crazy rapist neighbors instead of polluting this forum with... ah, what's the use?

hardrightedge
12-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Deepak Chopra just brought up the tired musket argument on Piers...Why doesn't someone ask him if he feels the same about the first amendment, since the founders never envisioned the internet... I would love to see his answer...

Dr.3D
12-19-2012, 08:36 PM
The armed French Resistance sure did give those Nazis hell.

Pisces
12-19-2012, 09:39 PM
#PiersMorganMovies is trending on Twitter right now. Some of the suggestions are pretty funny, like this one:

#PiersMorganMovies Diary of a Wimpy Kid's Wimpy Un-Armed Father
#PiersMorganMovies Die Hard So I Can Use Your Murder To Push My Political Agenda

Confederate
12-19-2012, 09:51 PM
#PiersMorganMovies is trending on Twitter right now. Some of the suggestions are pretty funny, like this one:

#PiersMorganMovies Diary of a Wimpy Kid's Wimpy Un-Armed Father
#PiersMorganMovies Die Hard So I Can Use Your Murder To Push My Political Agenda

No Country for Whiny British Men #PiersMorganMovies

#PiersMorganMovies How to lose an audience in 10 minutes
#PiersMorganMovies The English Mental Patient
#PiersMorganMovies The Unwanted, Imported Anchorman
#PiersMorganMovies Full Metal Jackass
#PiersMorganMovies 10 Things I Hate About the American Constitution

nobody's_hero
12-19-2012, 10:06 PM
I think I'm about to make a donation to Gun owners of America.

Confederate
12-19-2012, 10:11 PM
I think I'm about to make a donation to Gun owners of America.

I just signed up online for a 1 year membership :) Only $20!

http://gunowners.org

they also offer "gift memberships" which I think make a great gift.

nobody's_hero
12-19-2012, 10:18 PM
I just tried to make a donation and got a 404 webpage error. I wonder if they're getting swamped with donations right now.

Confederate
12-19-2012, 10:19 PM
I just tried to make a donation and got a 404 webpage error. I wonder if they're getting swamped with donations right now.

When I was getting the link to their site just a minute ago it wasn't working. I'm guessing high traffic. It works now for me and worked when I got my membership about 2 hours ago.

nobody's_hero
12-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Okay I just did the $20 membership instead and it worked.

Pericles
12-19-2012, 10:29 PM

Another interesting point is that El Salvador ranks among the highest homocide rate in the world and yet it is nearly at the bottom when evaluated at number of guns per 100 people. El Salvador has 5.8 guns per 100 people while we have 88.8 per 100.

So, the issue is: How quickly can we arm the other 11?

belian78
12-19-2012, 10:36 PM
So, the issue is: How quickly can we arm the other 11?
If tax time isn't too late, there will be at least 2-3 more. :D

Confederate
12-19-2012, 10:37 PM

Regarding El Salvador you have to look at two things:

1) Illegal guns left over from the 1979–1992 civil war
2) Gang-related violence. The two largest gangs have almost 100,000 members between the two in a country of only 6 million people.

Sola_Fide
12-19-2012, 10:48 PM
Piers got his rear handed to him in that little exchange.

VanBummel
12-19-2012, 11:57 PM
I'm pretty sure he hasn't got the balls to go one on one with Ted Nugent for an hour on primetime CNN.

I wasn't sure he'd last the full 3 minutes here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZCxArSFRcw

Ted's still pretty crazy, but he gained some respect from me for that...

anaconda
12-20-2012, 12:52 AM
Wow! I have never seen an interviewer from a major network cast such scathing pejoratives. How silly and unprofessional. Did he call the GOA gentleman an "unbelievably stupid man?" LOL. Doesn't Piers know that you have lost your argument when you lower yourself to these tactics?

NewRightLibertarian
12-20-2012, 01:01 AM
These TV assholes are just an army of Joe Goebbels. They are all guilty of treason without a shadow of a doubt.

impaleddead
12-21-2012, 11:54 AM
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/deport-british-citizen-piers-morgan-attacking-2nd-amendment/prfh5zHD

WhiteHouse.gov petition to deport him...I signed it lol.

Confederate
12-21-2012, 03:00 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s480x480/15680_477763365607914_1562483723_n.jpg