PDA

View Full Version : Taking suggestions for RonPaulMoneyBomb.com! Please help.

TechnoGuyRob
11-21-2007, 09:23 AM
Hey guys!

I've heard some complaints that the RonPaulMoneyBomb.com (http://ronpaulmoneybomb.com) site is too clustered, old-fashioned, etc.

Eric, the owner of the site, has allowed me to re-design it. I'm not at my home computer right now, so I'll ask for now and work on it later:

What would you guys like to see on RonPaulMoneyBomb.com, whether it is the message, content, website style, website programming, etc.?

For anyone who doesn't know what the site is, its goal is to get 40,000 people to commit to giving $25 to Ron Paul every week, blasting him with a million dollar money bomb every week. It's the original "money bomb" and what prompted things like November 5th in the first place! :D

After December 16th, an e-mail will be sent to all TeaParty subscribers informing them of the site, so we need to make sure it looks nice. :)

So please, anything that you think will help attract people to the RPMB site or could otherwise use improvement, please let me know!

jrich4rpaul
11-21-2007, 09:25 AM
My best advice: less is more

It's really, really clustered. Lots of information crammed in there. A few videos, a brief introduction to what the site is for, and links to the official campaign site and other such things is all that's needed.

Wayne Hammond
11-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Good. Glad to hear this news, Rob. I know you'll help make the site less... well... annoying. ;) :p

First, I would say, make sure you don't have a video playing automatically when the page loads (it took me about 3 minutes just to figure out how to turn it off)...

Second, it took about 45 minutes for the page to load the way it is now... :eek:

Third, the site needs to be simplified terribly... too many words, stupid people like me are turned off by words. ;) Maybe have a generalized concept of what the moneybombs are all about, a very prominent simple way to sign up, listing the numbers like TeaParty07.com does, and then links to sub-sites with more info. Maybe one good, solid video about the weekly $1 million goal, like the video done for the Tea Party.

Tenbatsu
11-21-2007, 09:34 AM
This is a great idea. The RPMB site could be turned into a massive fund raising tool if done correctly.

And yes, reduce the amount of clutter. I like the propaganda pics though, they are interesting.

TechnoGuyRob
11-21-2007, 09:36 AM
First, I would say, make sure you don't have a video playing automatically when the page loads (it took me about 3 minutes just to figure out how to turn it off)...

Yep, yep, even me, the savy old web dog, had to settle for just muting it instead of turning it off. :p

TechnoGuyRob
11-21-2007, 09:38 AM

I won't work on it until tonight, but I've taken off that particular...feature. ;-)

PrimarilyPaul
11-21-2007, 09:40 AM
Hahaha. I was going to say you need to have something telling people to register as Republicans and vote in the primary, but it seems you already do! Good job! Now if we can get every other Ron Paul website in the world to do the same...

Wayne Hammond
11-21-2007, 09:57 AM
Rob - I do have one question on the www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com site... and I admit I didn't take the time to read through the site to find out, but...

What is the actual plan? Is this a plan to get $1 million per week, starting now? Or waiting until after the TeaParty on Dec. 16th?

troyd1
11-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Highlight the main points that your are trying to make and link to detail on another page.

TechnoGuyRob
11-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Bump.

TechnoGuyRob
11-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Rob - I do have one question on the www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com site... and I admit I didn't take the time to read through the site to find out, but...

What is the actual plan? Is this a plan to get $1 million per week, starting now? Or waiting until after the TeaParty on Dec. 16th?

Just keep going until November 4th, 2008, with as many people as we get. :)

TechnoGuyRob
11-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Hoooly geez the threads move fast. o_O

TechnoGuyRob
11-21-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm speechless.

Well, I'll keep bumping, I guess. :)

TechnoGuyRob
11-21-2007, 02:24 PM
Sigh. Bump.

promagma
11-21-2007, 02:42 PM
I agree about cleaning things up. I like the retro images on the left, but to the right of that I would suggest fewer images, and focus on neatly formatted text. On the top left, Jefferson is great, but get rid of the bomb and I suggest replacing the two titles with one large title.

Here is a very rough image I put together, to illustrate this!

http://www.nisagency.com/RP.jpg

If you want to collaborate on this, please PM me.

Energy
11-21-2007, 02:56 PM
Simplify it as others have said.

I love the retro art stuff. It makes the site very unique and memorable. You can show one of them above the fold to add character to the site. Showcase the rest somehow.

Stress the importance of delegates, getting registered to vote (as Republican in some states), etc.

Have embedded YouTube video(s).

jpinkerton
11-21-2007, 02:56 PM
I like the idea less is more, I really like the layout of: http://www.voteronpaul.com

You could do a similar concept with the "Sign Up" form at the very top of the page.

I HATE crap like this: Designed for Firefox - (Get it now!)
Don't design your web page for a specific browser. I hate the fact that there are "standards" for IE and "standards" for FireFox, make it as close as you can to both, accept the fact that the majority of users have IE. Don't put "designed for firefox" or "Made for Internet Explorer" on your page. I have both browsers, use IE primarily - and for a handful of sites that DON'T work with IE, and ONLY work with FF, I have to switch. Grr.

TechnoGuyRob
11-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Bump.

Tenbatsu
11-21-2007, 07:47 PM
The "Sign Up" To register Republican should be placed at the top of the page and not after the number of money bomb subscribers. It might confuse some people in the place that it is now.

TechnoGuyRob
11-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I'll tidy it up a lot. I love the voteforronpaul.com signup at the top.