PDA

View Full Version : Rubio pal Nelson Diaz fights off Ron Paul-ites to win Miami-Dade GOP chair

stu2002
12-19-2012, 07:11 AM
Nelson Diaz, a member of Sen. Marco Rubio's inner-circle, was narrowly elected to lead the embattled Miami-Dade GOP on Tuesday night, narrowly beating longtime Republican executive committee member Emiliano Antunez.

Diaz, who otherwise might have walked into the post, barely won thanks to a spirited effort by Republicans inspired by former Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul. A large number of the newcomers won party posts during the GOP primaries in August.

One source put the vote at 56-54. Diaz confirmed he won by two votes.

Republicans said before the meeting that, if all the Paul-ites showed up, Antunez might have won. A few of them forgot to properly submit party loyalty oaths and some Republicans loyal to Diaz wanted to block them from party posts.

The meeting was closed, outgoing Chairman Ben Powell said earlier. Previous chair races were open to the press.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2012/12/rubio-pal-nelson-diaz-fights-off-ron-paul-ites-to-win-miami-dade-gop-chair.html#storylink=cpy

supermario21
12-19-2012, 10:03 AM
If we're giving Rubio people major fights in Florida, then we shouldn't be too too discouraged. Just keep fighting even harder.

sailingaway
12-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Well, we just have to bring a few more friends to the fight next time. Mind you, so will they. I suspect they thought it would be easy in an 'off year'.

Spoa
12-19-2012, 01:29 PM
A few of them forgot to properly submit party loyalty oaths...

The movement is getting well-organized. But if this movement wants to succeed, organization needs to be a priority. These tiny mistakes cause big problems.

eleganz
12-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Rubio's inner circle? ugh...

F that guy..2014 will be OUR year.

sailingaway
12-19-2012, 03:12 PM
The movement is getting well-organized. But if this movement wants to succeed, organization needs to be a priority. These tiny mistakes cause big problems.

Something tells me that might not have actually been a mistake.

So we need a few more PLUS enough willing to do the paperwork.

qh4dotcom
12-19-2012, 04:14 PM
I am to blame...I didn't go to cast a vote yesterday.

eleganz
12-19-2012, 06:39 PM

Seriously? Well don't feel too bad, you still needed another vote

jj-
12-19-2012, 06:41 PM

Learn for the next time.

afwjam
12-19-2012, 07:04 PM
learn and don't do it again! :)