PDA

View Full Version : Polls don't reflect.....

deedles
11-21-2007, 09:02 AM
...the actual support for Ron Paul. I've said it before and I'll say it again! In my meetup, we had 50 people attend. Out of 50 people, FIVE raised their hands when asked who was a registered republican and voted so in the last primary. Lots of the polls are only counting those that voted republican in the last primary. Just think, the last primary was W running unopposed. That's kind of a small group of people that were determined enough to vote in such a primary, nationwide. So 45 people at our meetup did not vote last primary, are not registered republican, but ARE going to be voting for Ron Paul this primary.

The question to me is not "why isn't he doing better in the polls?", the question to me is when are the archaic polls going to get up to speed with what is happening today in our society.

And don't forget the whole cell phone vs land line factor.

We stand up on overpasses with banners and get a 12-25% positive response from cars (honking, lights flashing and enthusiastic waving are counted as positive responses).

The polls are dinosaurs, in their current execution. IMHO

alexlcameron
11-21-2007, 09:04 AM
Agreed!

Dorfsmith
11-21-2007, 09:07 AM
...the actual support for Ron Paul. I've said it before and I'll say it again! In my meetup, we had 50 people attend. Out of 50 people, FIVE raised their hands when asked who was a registered republican and voted so in the last primary. Lots of the polls are only counting those that voted republican in the last primary. Just think, the last primary was W running unopposed. That's kind of a small group of people that were determined enough to vote in such a primary, nationwide. So 45 people at our meetup did not vote last primary, are not registered republican, but ARE going to be voting for Ron Paul this primary.

The question to me is not "why isn't he doing better in the polls?", the question to me is when are the archaic polls going to get up to speed with what is happening today in our society.

And don't forget the whole cell phone vs land line factor.

We stand up on overpasses with banners and get a 12-25% positive response from cars (honking, lights flashing and enthusiastic waving are counted as positive responses).

The polls are dinosaurs, in their current execution. IMHO

Very true. The few people who claim to be Republicans in my group have not voted Republican since 2000 or so.

CelestialRender
11-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Absolutely correct. Those poll numbers are great to watch, for comparison, but we all know that by EVERY OTHER STANDARD OF MEASURE, RP's support is showing way higher than 8%.

Maybe it's time we figure out that those polls were already outdated 4 years ago, and mean nothing to a campaign so independent from the Republocrat norm.

jpinkerton
11-21-2007, 09:46 AM
I use to be registered NO PARTY simply in hopes of AVOIDING those calls.

And thus far, it's worked! But now this year I wish I would get one :(