PDA

View Full Version : Boehner about to sell out on gun laws?

itshappening
12-18-2012, 08:26 PM
The gift that keeps on giving... get ready for another grand sell out from the Speaker of the House

-
Boehner calls for 'discussion' on guns

Republicans need to "have a discussion on guns" in the wake of last week's grade-school massacre in Newtown, Conn., Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) told his conference Tuesday.

Speaking to his troops at a closed-door meeting in the Capitol, Boehner was mindful of conservatives' traditional opposition to new gun restrictions, emphasizing that Republicans wouldn't do "anything knee-jerk," according to a lawmaker in the room.

But the Speaker also said he wants to "de-politicize" the issue of gun violence, which has been thrust dreadfully into the national spotlight following the murder of 26 people — 20 of them young school children — at Sandy Hook Elementary School last Friday.

Boehner said the GOP's strategy would be to examine the reasons that the mass shootings of recent years have been carried out, almost exclusively, by young, white males with mental illnesses, according to the lawmaker in the room.

"We need to have a discussion about guns," the lawmaker said, relaying Boehner's remarks, "and that doesn't mean that all of a sudden we abandon the Second Amendment or the NRA [National Rifle Association] or anything like that. But there needs to be a discussion and everybody needs to participate and we need to depoliticize it."

Boehner also told Republicans that they need to be "circumspect" in their observations, the lawmaker said, warning that "it's not helpful" for lawmakers to call for arming teachers as a way to prevent mass shootings.

That remark was a not-so-veiled shot at Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas), who churned headlines Sunday when he lamented that one of the victims, Sandy Hook principal Dawn Hochsprung, was unarmed during the attack.

"I wish to God she had an M-4 in her office locked up so when she heard gunfire she pulls it out and she didn’t have to lunge heroically with nothing in her hands but she takes him out, takes his head off before he can kill those precious kids,” Gohmert said in an interview on “Fox News Sunday.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/273595-boehner-calls-for-gop-discussion-on-guns

sailingaway
12-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Boehner is gone.

James Madison
12-18-2012, 08:31 PM
I agree with having a 'discussion'. Here's what we need to do to reduce gun violence:

1. Bring the troops home
2. End the War on Drugs
3. Decriminalize (or legalize) drugs
4. Stop shipping guns to Mexico
5. Stop arming Syrian rebels (Al Qaeda)
6. Stop trying to start WW3

hardrightedge
12-18-2012, 08:33 PM
stop the pussification of america...way too late for that...1 more incident and the second is gone...

Anti Federalist
12-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Boehner also told Republicans that they need to be "circumspect" in their observations, the lawmaker said, warning that "it's not helpful" for lawmakers to call for arming teachers as a way to prevent mass shootings.

So, now, speaking the truth is "not helpful".

Hey GOP/Romney apologists, why was I supposed to support the party again?

Dr.3D
12-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Oh how I wish the government wasn't run by politicians.

supermario21
12-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Primary him. Anyone with an R after the name in Boehner's district wins, and Ohio is VERY pro-gun. The just had a gun show in Cincinnati that was from dawn to dusk filled to capacity with 400 constantly waiting to get in.

belian78
12-18-2012, 08:55 PM
So, now, speaking the truth is "not helpful".

Hey GOP/Romney apologists, why was I supposed to support the party again?
I was actually going to say it sounded like a few on this very site as of late. "Watch what you say", "no need to go that far", "more harm than good" and the like.

supermario21
12-18-2012, 09:10 PM
This is the time to support the GOP more than ever. It's remarkable. The moron establishment types are writing their own death sentences.

RickyJ
12-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Boehner is gone.

I doubt he was ever "there" to start with.

Ron Paul is right, we need another party in this country to compete against the one party comprised of Democrats and Republicans.

brushfire
12-18-2012, 09:12 PM
He should have never been relected.

May I present - the lesser of two evils. Constitutents, meet "evil". Congratulfknlations.

Pauls' Revere
12-18-2012, 09:23 PM
Why not, he sold out on taxes.

Matt Collins
12-18-2012, 10:23 PM
What an idiot.... you can't "depoliticize it"

Brett85
12-18-2012, 10:27 PM
We have to get rid of this guy. He's sold out on every issue of substance that liberty-minded people care about.

tangent4ronpaul
12-18-2012, 11:13 PM

Damn right! Why that's as preposterous as arming pilots to deter hijackers!

Oh, wait...

-t

Rudeman
12-19-2012, 01:03 AM
So when will he be switching to the Democratic party?

Brian4Liberty
12-19-2012, 01:32 AM
Boehner should go fuck himself.