PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Supporter and Former State Senator Jumps into SC-01 Race

tsai3904
12-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Not sure what to make of him because the site FITS News, which covers SC politics and endorsed Ron Paul, doesn't seem too excited about him.

Former S.C. Senator John Kuhn (RINO-Charleston) is jumping into the race for first congressional district seat being vacated by Tim Scott – and plans on pumping a quarter million dollars of his own money into the bid.

Kuhn – who famously sparred with former S.C. First Lady Jenny Sanford during his tenure in the S.C. General Assembly – lost his seat in 2004 to Chip Campsen, a close friend of the Sanford family. Ironically, Campsen is also contemplating a bid for the soon-to-be vacant first district seat … and Jenny Sanford’s name has also been mentioned as a possible candidate.

A tax-and-spender during his legislative career, Kuhn has recently found fiscal religion – as evidenced by his 2012 endorsement of U.S. Rep. Ron Paul’s presidential bid. Has he found his marbles, though? Famous for his long-winded, high-pitched, borderline incomprehensible tirades from the well of the State Senate, Kuhn is … how do we put this nicely … nuts.

In fact during one rant he boasted that he would eternally hold the entire S.C. General Assembly hostage to his “whim.”

If only he had succeeded …

Anyway, whether Kuhn has found his marbles remains to be seen … but he’s clearly found his checkbook. And while he isn’t going to win this race (God help us if he does), his $250,000 self-financing pledge shows just how expensive this race is going to be.

http://www.fitsnews.com/2012/12/18/crazy-john-kuhn-is-in/

Here's Kuhn defending Ron Paul before the SC primary:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/videos/2012/01/20/campaign-chronicles-in-defense-of-ron-paul.html

Since 08, he's donated to the Libertarian Party, Ron Paul's Presidential campaign, and RAND PAC. Hopefully he's changed since he got out of office (he served from '01-'04).

sailingaway
12-18-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm always positively impressed by a politician endorsing Ron. But there is a lot of 'Sanford' in that short article. I'm wondering what the other guy is like.

Thanks for letting us know. I'll keep my eye on the race.