PDA

View Full Version : Ad behind USA today Founding Father's ad- about gold

KewlRonduderules
11-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Anyone have any thoughts on this? is this a good investment?

I want to know because I just bought a bunch of gold coins.

Thanks for your input in advance.
:)

KewlRonduderules
11-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Any takers? Gold investment experts? Please help.

Thanks again.

noxagol
11-21-2007, 10:20 AM
Gold is best used as insurance against inflation and economic collapse since gold has withstood thousands of years of fluctuations, so has silver. I think that spot price of one ounce of silver would still get you very close to the same amount of gasoline as it would when gas was like ten cents gallon.

I wouldn't use it as a way to bring in more FRN's, but would hold on to it as a way to maintain a measure of stable wealth that could be cashed in down the line for more FRN's than I bought it with when needed to buy things when inflation gets bad. Buying gold is a way to preserve the value of the work you do now versus later, since your reward is most likely FRN which due to inflation will lose their value. One hour of work now is worth more than an hour of work tomorrow. This could be an underlying cause of the lack of savings in this country. It actually makes sense to spend everything you have when you get it because in the future you will not be able to buy as much as you could have when you first got it. Which is why gold is so good as an investment of insurance, even if after you buy it and the price of gold is less than what you bought it for, you don't actually lose any buying power because the buying power of a dollar will be more than when you bought it.