PDA

View Full Version : Walter Jones on Gun laws post-Newtown

pacelli
12-18-2012, 03:09 PM
I wrote to Walter Jones, my congressman, about my concerns to protect our gun rights written in the form of the 2nd amendment. Here's how he responded.

{personalized info removed}

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding gun control initiatives. I appreciate hearing from you on this matter.

Although I believe that gun owners must be responsible for the use and care of their guns, I do not want to see law-abiding gun owners penalized for the actions of reckless criminals. With recent tragedies you hear from the media, it is too easy to place the blame on guns, and their accessibility, rather than on the person who committed the crime. Currently, we have numerous laws on the books regulating gun purchases and use; more legislation will not result in safer streets, offices or schoolyards.

Let me assure you that I will continue to fight for the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens of this nation. At the same time, I will work for laws that deter and punish those who abuse these laws.

Again, thank you for sharing your views on this issue with me. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Walter B. Jones
Member of Congress

TonySutton
12-18-2012, 03:35 PM
One of the few things I miss about NC, Walter Jones.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-18-2012, 03:38 PM
He sure has come a long way since "Freedom Fries"

pacelli
12-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Agreed on all accounts :)