PDA

View Full Version : Making Donations

dhayes501
11-21-2007, 08:46 AM
When I go to Ron Paul's site to make a donation, I'm required to confirm:

1. This contribution is made on a personal credit or debit card for which I have the legal obligation to pay, and is made neither on a corporate or business entity card nor on the card of another.

2. I am a United States citizen or a lawfully-admitted permanent resident.

3. I am making this contribution with my own personal funds, and I will not be reimbursed by anyone for this contribution.

4. I am not a federal government contractor.

5. I am at least 18 years of age.

My issue is with number 4. I work for the Federal Reserve bank (not the one in Washington DC, one of the district banks.) Am I a federal government contractor?

kylejack
11-21-2007, 08:48 AM
No, the Federal Reserve is not a contractor. You can donate.

Also: Hahahahahahahahaha

dhayes501
11-21-2007, 08:50 AM
maybe a little more, like, what constitutes a government contractor, and how do you know the federal reserve is not one.

kylejack
11-21-2007, 08:55 AM
maybe a little more, like, what constitutes a government contractor, and how do you know the federal reserve is not one.

What they're trying to prevent is contractors donating to a candidate to sway a bidding process. The Federal Reserve does not make bids, it simply manages the money supply.

In previous reports, Ron has reported receiving donations from Federal Reserve Bank employees.

georgem
11-21-2007, 09:04 AM
I find it funny that you're supporting a candidate who is looking to put you out of a job :)

FreeTraveler
11-21-2007, 09:09 AM
I find it funny that you're supporting a candidate who is looking to put you out of a job :)

I find it very impressive that he's supporting a candidate who is looking to put him out of a job. It says a tremendous amount about his committment and integrity. How many people would be willing to give up their job to get the good doctor elected?

jpinkerton
11-21-2007, 09:48 AM
I find it very impressive that he's supporting a candidate who is looking to put him out of a job. It says a tremendous amount about his committment and integrity. How many people would be willing to give up their job to get the good doctor elected?

I wish more people held dhayes' morals. Good for you sir!

PatriotOne
11-21-2007, 09:57 AM
When I go to Ron Paul's site to make a donation, I'm required to confirm:

1. This contribution is made on a personal credit or debit card for which I have the legal obligation to pay, and is made neither on a corporate or business entity card nor on the card of another.

2. I am a United States citizen or a lawfully-admitted permanent resident.

3. I am making this contribution with my own personal funds, and I will not be reimbursed by anyone for this contribution.

4. I am not a federal government contractor.

5. I am at least 18 years of age.

My issue is with number 4. I work for the Federal Reserve bank (not the one in Washington DC, one of the district banks.) Am I a federal government contractor?

Even if the Federal Reserve was a Federal Government contractor, being a Federal Government contractor is different from being an employee of a Federal Government Contractor. Your fine to donate.

dhayes501
11-21-2007, 10:17 AM
Excellent. I wanted to make sure I was allowed before donating. I didn't want to cause negative publicity with my donation.

And yes, I would gladly sacrifice my job to get Paul elected. I'm worried about this country and I think he has the answers. He makes sense to me anyway.

georgem
11-21-2007, 11:59 AM

I understand that completely and agree with you. I was just "making a funny"

As a contributor and volunteer to the campaign I'd like to think I'm as big a fan as anyone else.

So yes kudos to dhayes501. I was mearly pointing out the irony.