PDA

View Full Version : Wounded soldiers told to return signing bonuses

kylejack
11-21-2007, 08:37 AM
The U.S. Military is demanding that thousands of wounded service personnel give back signing bonuses because they are unable to serve out their commitments.

To get people to sign up, the military gives enlistment bonuses up to $30,000 in some cases.

Now men and women who have lost arms, legs, eyesight, hearing and can no longer serve are being ordered to pay some of that money back.
http://kdka.com/local/military.signing.bonuses.2.571660.html

coastie
11-21-2007, 08:41 AM
Well, it goes without saying thats total bullshit...but coming from a military background -dad did 20 in USAF, I'm coming up on my 6th year USCG in January- I hate to sya it, but I'm not even remotely surprised.:mad:

Kapt Nemo
11-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Yeah I believe it... leave it to the pointy heads to try and get money back from a fallen soldier... So glad that they're not human beings... I'm so glad to be out of the military now... But I guess the military needs more money somehow since the Dem's won't send up a spending bill that will actually get signed... fuck it lets take money from those serving, they can't say shit since we own their lives... God I hate the corruption in this country....

specsaregood
11-21-2007, 08:44 AM
"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help."

That is just wrong...

Ridiculous
11-21-2007, 08:47 AM
It is BS, but I wouldn't put it past them. The members that this is happening to should write their senators and congressmen, with a registered letter.

I don't think any politician wouldn't take action on this. If they don't receive an answer back in within about a month, they should write their local papers saying that your congressman/senator gave you no response.

In fact everyone should write their congressmen and senators about this.

jpinkerton
11-21-2007, 09:14 AM
In fact everyone should write their congressmen and senators about this.

And circulate it to their contact lists, reminding their contacts that Ron Paul would pull our troops home to secure our borders rather than everyone elses borders, increasing our troops safety.

pcosmar
11-21-2007, 09:17 AM
That is some truly cold hearted shit.

kylejack
11-21-2007, 09:31 AM
That is some truly cold hearted shit.

Sorry we made you a paraplegic but can we have that money back? Its not like you're going to need it to deal with your debilitating medical condition for the rest of your life.

NinjaPirate
11-21-2007, 09:38 AM
Fu*king pathetic. That's the Army for you...

noxagol
11-21-2007, 10:16 AM
Fu*king pathetic. That's the Army for you...

That's the government period for you. A friend of mine broke one of his knees in basic training for the Airforce, I think he tripped and fell on it terribly wrong. Anyhow, the Airforce kicked him out and denied him medical benefits or anything for that matter, they didn't even pay him for the time he was there. They claimed he had a pre-existing condition like degenerative joint disease (i forget what they called it exactly) and it was failed to be caught by the physical. It was on these grounds that they completely denied him anything.

I have read a lot about this sort of thing happening, especially in the mental health areas. I think it is completely and extremely ridiculous to treat these people like this. These people are offering their lives on the line for the defense of their fellow country men and the government they serve throws them away like trash.