PDA

View Full Version : hypocrites at GE owned SyFy pull Haven episode in USA and Canada (but not UK)

cindy25
12-18-2012, 08:00 AM
they say it was because of the shooting victims but maybe because the father of the killer is a high level GE exec.

angelatc
12-18-2012, 08:05 AM
they say it was because of the shooting victims but maybe because the father of the killer is a high level GE exec.

In reality, vice president isn't really the high level rank you might think it is. I worked for a much smaller financial services firm, and we had about 300 of them. It's a mid-level management position.

cindy25
12-18-2012, 08:11 AM
White House pressure? I can't remember cable ever doing this, nor another country

angelatc
12-18-2012, 08:20 AM
White House pressure? I can't remember cable ever doing this, nor another country

Comedy Central had a show mocking President Bush...can't remember the name... that they pulled after 9/11. The ending for the first Spiderman movie (which hadn't been released yet) was refilmed because it originally had a scene of Spidey spinning a web between the two towers.

New York For Paul
12-18-2012, 01:05 PM
I worked at a financial services firm and every telemarketer was a vice president. We all made less than ten dollars an hour.

donnay
12-18-2012, 01:44 PM
On their website it states:

Final Two Episodes of Season 3

Why the delay until January for the final two episodes of Haven? Well, the Friday, December 14th episode of Haven that was slated to air contained scenes of fictitious violence in a high school setting and in light of the recent tragedy, we decided to reschedule it along with the series' season three finale. The final two episodes of season three will now air back-to-back on Thursday, January 17th from 8-10 PM (ET/PT) to maintain the integrity of the series' serialized nature and make sure the audience doesn't miss a moment.

http://www.syfy.com/haven/article/the_show_will_go_on

dannno
12-18-2012, 01:46 PM
I worked at a financial services firm and every telemarketer was a vice president. We all made less than ten dollars an hour.

Were they paying their ex-wives nearly a quarter million dollars a year in alimony?

Didn't think so.