PDA

View Full Version : Rubio Open to Gun Law Changes

supermario21
12-17-2012, 04:17 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2012/12/17/rubio-open-changes-in-gun-laws/?wprss=rss_election-2012

Interestingly, he has a better grade from the Gun Owners of American than the NRA.

tangent4ronpaul
12-17-2012, 04:20 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2012/12/17/rubio-open-changes-in-gun-laws/?wprss=rss_election-2012

Interestingly, he has a better grade from the Gun Owners of American than the NRA.

Not any more he doesn't!

Then again, reading the piece, this looks like a low ball position. Examining existing gun laws might work in our favor... or not.

-t

SpreadOfLiberty
12-17-2012, 04:22 PM
I hope he does. It will kill him in the GOP primary.

Keith and stuff
12-17-2012, 04:23 PM
I hope he does. It will kill him in the GOP primary.

Romney championed gun control legislation and became the GOP nominee. I hope you are right, though.

SpreadOfLiberty
12-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Romney championed gun control legislation and became the GOP nominee. I hope you are right, though.

But Rubio cannot be considered to have evolved. He has always been viewed as Tea Party conservative.

specsaregood
12-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Then again, reading the piece, this looks like a low ball position. Examining existing gun laws might work in our favor... or not.
-t

You are right! Perhaps they'll find an existing gun law that says our govt shouldn't be exporting guns to druglords in foreign countries.

on that note: This administration is supposed to have any level of creditiblity in regards to restricting guns? lol

Brian4Liberty
12-17-2012, 04:45 PM
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) remains a supporter of Second Amendment rights but is “open to measures that would keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill,” his spokesman told the Tampa Bay Times on Monday.

Let's look at the tragedy that spawned this onslaught of gun control mania.

What possible government solution could come out of a "study"? We have a mother and a son who lives with her. He may be unstable, she has guns. Who determines if her son is a danger? Should she be banned from having weapons because of her son? Should all of his family be banned form having guns? All of his friends? All of his room-mates if he moves out? All of his neighbors so that he can't break in and steal them? How many law abiding citizens shall we turn into criminals?

Brilliant.

Brett85
12-17-2012, 05:15 PM
"Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) remains a supporter of Second Amendment rights but is “open to measures that would keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill,” his spokesman told the Tampa Bay Times on Monday."

We already have laws in place that supposedly do that.

itshappening
12-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Brian, think of the children... how dare you ask questions like this...

paulbot24
12-17-2012, 06:12 PM
How many law abiding citizens shall we turn into criminals?

Brilliant.

For some reason the Prohibition just popped into my head when I read this.

12-17-2012, 06:16 PM
If Rubio panders to the gun grabber lobby, save every word he says to nail his ass to the wall in the primary

paulbot24
12-17-2012, 06:32 PM
If they keep pushing these RINOs like they did with Romney and now Rubio, they will not only keep losing elections to the "free candy" team, but hopefully they will accelerate the waking of the masses to the fact that it really is a one party system now. There. That's my positivity post for today. Finally got that one out of the way.:D

Brett85
12-17-2012, 06:36 PM
It just seems like the Republicans and the so called "pro second Amendment Democrats" in Congress are just completely selling out at this point. It just seems like all of these people are going to fold, and we're going to end up with an "assault weapons ban" by the spring of next year. We are basically at the point where we have a one party system of government. We have one authoritarian party in Washington DC.

Brett85
12-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Someone who has an account at free republic needs to post this over there. I can't post since they banned me twice over there.

osan
12-17-2012, 07:12 PM

Mr. Marco, meet Mr. Shitcan. You deserve each other.

itshappening
12-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Someone who has an account at free republic needs to post this over there. I can't post since they banned me twice over there.

what did you get banned for?!