PDA

View Full Version : Americans Are Turning Their Guns In For Cash in the Bay Area.

RPfan1992
12-17-2012, 04:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BraR6NA5rxw

Lucille
12-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Idiots!

One guy turned them in for "personal safety." LOL...

fdny9682 18 minutes ago
I turn my cash in for guns

1993474 37 minutes ago
Title should say: Americans are turning in their freedom in for cash.

Winners.

heavenlyboy34
12-17-2012, 04:21 PM
Wow. Talk about a Slave Mindset. :eek:

Kotin
12-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Sheep really is an apt term.. HEY CAN YOU CRITICALLY THINK FOR ONE GOD DAMN MILLI-SECOND????

Michigan11
12-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Well expect crime rates to increase now with 500 fewer homes armed in the bay area.... LOL WTF? $200 per gun. Sometimes I wonder if these people are just handing in crap guns with zero to $200 value tops... otherwise why wouldn't they just freakin go sell them on their own, if they could get more money for them. Either way, it said the line started at 6am, ridiculous. What a bunch of idiots.

nobody's_hero
12-17-2012, 04:30 PM
LOL. "I turn my cash in for guns." Good find Lucille.

Kotin
12-17-2012, 04:40 PM
If I was a home invader or burgler I would be taking note of who is in that line.. thanks government.

Ronulus
12-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Well they are free to do what they want, but at the same time. Really? They are going to prevent things like this from happening by getting rid of their guns? That's not going to stop crazies from being crazy.

Actually everytime something like this happens it makes me want to go buy a gun so I can protect myself and anyone else if I happen to be in a situation where something like this happens.... I have yet to buy one though, don't know what to get. Want quality but not real expensive.

CaptLouAlbano
12-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Actually everytime something like this happens it makes me want to go buy a gun so I can protect myself and anyone else if I happen to be in a situation where something like this happens.... I have yet to buy one though, don't know what to get. Want quality but not real expensive.

I bought another today. Not because I needed or wanted another one. Just for the principle of it all.

Michigan11
12-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Well they are free to do what they want, but at the same time. Really? They are going to prevent things like this from happening by getting rid of their guns? That's not going to stop crazies from being crazy.

Go shooting with a friend that knows guns and he can advise you towards good options. You will be hooked and you can research it from there. Then get everyone you know involved, shooting is fun, and good for you.

Something else I'm noticing: Like the newscaster in that video and a guy I talked to the other day who is against guns...they are using the word "Weapon" instead of gun.

CaptUSA
12-17-2012, 05:08 PM
$200.00? Regardless of the gun?

Hell, you could make a little profit gaming this crap. I'm assuming there was plenty of that going on. lol!

RickyJ
12-17-2012, 05:15 PM
If I was a home invader or burgler I would be taking note of who is in that line.. thanks government.

They do all they can to help the common criminal and especially the uncommon criminal.

Kotin
12-17-2012, 05:17 PM
They do all they can to help the common criminal and especially the uncommon criminal.

makes sense I guess.. I always like to give extra help to people who I have a lot in common with..

Ronulus
12-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Go shooting with a friend that knows guns and he can advise you towards good options. You will be hooked and you can research it from there. Then get everyone you know involved, shooting is fun, and good for you.

Well I used to own a .22 rifle given to me by my dad but once i moved out I left it with him. I didn't have a gunsafe or anything (and the feeding mechanism was broken and needed to be fixed). Thinking of going to a range and taking a concealed carry course and asking about which handgun to get there.

Kotin
12-17-2012, 05:23 PM
Well I used to own a .22 rifle given to me by my dad but once i moved out I left it with him. I didn't have a gunsafe or anything (and the feeding mechanism was broken and needed to be fixed). Thinking of going to a range and taking a concealed carry course and asking about which handgun to get there.

please do this.. it is one of the best public services you can do.. become proficient in firearms handling, use, and safety and you might just save someone's life.

Carson
12-17-2012, 05:39 PM

Hell, you could make a little profit gaming this crap. I'm assuming there was plenty of that going on. lol!

My brother once got a twenty-two caliber pistol brand new for I think $14.00. We were out shooting and it wasn't long before two shells went off at the same time and blew the loading gate right past my ear. He took it back and got a replacement...then sold it.

Two hundred for one like it would look marvelous.

Confederate
12-17-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm thinking of setting up a stand and offering $50 walmart gift cards for guns.

FreeHampshire
12-17-2012, 05:51 PM
California: the most reactionary libtards of America.

Brian4Liberty
12-17-2012, 06:02 PM

That is the majority of the guns turned in. Non-functional and worth less than $200.

paulbot24
12-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Toys for Tots in one booth. Guns for Gubmint in another. This is not the season of "giving" that should be taking place.

mrsat_98
12-17-2012, 08:35 PM
It has been thirty years since I have kept guns around my home due to having some stolen. I am going to retrive my collection tommorrow because I now fear not having them.

roho76
12-17-2012, 08:48 PM
If I were a criminal, I would hang out by the gun grab area and follow my freshly made victim home.

VIDEODROME
12-17-2012, 08:53 PM
They'll probably just funnel these guns to Mexican drug lords.

fail.

tod evans
12-17-2012, 08:55 PM
Rainbows-n-lollypops......

KCIndy
12-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Well expect crime rates to increase now with 500 fewer homes armed in the bay area.... LOL WTF? $200 per gun. Sometimes I wonder if these people are just handing in crap guns with zero to $200 value tops...

You mean like this??

(NOTE: The <broken> link goes to an extremely left-wing website that titled this story, "Illinois Hate Group subverts gun buyback program to fund NRA camp for children" so click at your own risk... :D)

http:// samuel-warde .com/2012/07/illinois-hate-group-subverts-gun-buyback-program-to-fund-nra-camp-for-children/

Last Saturday, June 23, 2012, Chicago Police Department held its summer initiative “Don’t Kill a Dream, Save A Live” gun buyback program. Noting that “A gun in the home is more likely to be used in a homicide, suicide or unintentional shooting than in self-defense” the program provided an opportunity for citizens to turn-in firearms and BB guns in exchange for a prepaid Visa debit card worth $100 for firearms and $10 for BB guns and replicas, with no questions asked.

However, as it turns out, a pro-gun organization called Guns Save Life, took advantage of the program to turn in 60 worthless pieces of what they described as “rusty scrap metal” raising $6,240 to go towards the purchase of ammunition for an NRA youth camp in Bloomington along with obtaining four bolt-action rifles to be given to campers.

dntrpltt
12-17-2012, 09:03 PM
This is how I see it--Take your broken, over-used, or just simply boring guns, get money, and go out and buy a brand new gun! Everyone is happy :)

juleswin
12-17-2012, 09:06 PM
lol, I love the guy that said "money, money, money". He probably turned in all his defective, worthless gun. Talk about the govt paying you to recycle :)

sailingaway
12-17-2012, 10:53 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking. Supposing you wanted to upgrade, but wanted a market for the piece of.... , um, the excellent gun you already have?

Henry Rogue
12-18-2012, 12:03 AM
lol, I love the guy that said "money, money, money". He probably turned in all his defective, worthless gun. Talk about the govt paying you to recycle :) Cash for Clunkers.