PDA

View Full Version : Nation’s Largest Raw Milk Dairy Sues FDA Over Interstate Ban

sailingaway
12-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Organic Pastures , the nation’s largest raw milk dairy, has launched a lawsuit against the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for allegedly turning its back on the dairy’s request for the agency to change its current law banning sales of raw milk across state lines.

Raw milk is milk that hasn’t been pasteurized to kill potentially harmful, and at times deadly, pathogens such as E. coli, Listeria, Salmonella and Campylobacter, all of which have been been linked to raw milk food poisoning outbreaks in a number of states across the nation.

The Fresno-based dairy submitted its request to the agency back in December 2008. According to statute, the FDA is supposed to respond to this sort of request — referred to by the agency as a “citizen petition” — in 180 days. The FDA promotes this administrative procedure as a way to examine issues such as this to see if changes should be made.

http://libertycrier.com/government/nations-largest-raw-milk-dairy-sues-fda-over-interstate-ban/?utm_source=The+Liberty+Crier&utm_campaign=2b40fc2f83-The_Liberty_Crier_Daily_News_12_17_2012&utm_medium=email

youngbuck
12-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Good, I hope they win. The FDA is threatened by healthy raw milk, as it puts their reputation and part of their purpose on the chopping block. I've been drinking grass-fed, organic raw milk since 2006, and it's only made me healthier. F**k the FDA.