PDA

View Full Version : Markos Moullitsas Weighs In on the Gun Debate

AuH20
12-17-2012, 01:02 PM
You crazy delusional people don't need military equipment!!

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/17/1170940/-Some-thoughts-on-the-coming-gun-debate

But no, his idiot "survivalist" mother (how'd that work out for her?) had to purchase her small arsenal, to protect herself against phantom threats on her "freedoms"—urged on by Fox News and Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck and the gun manufacturers. And instead, she ensured her own untimely doom and that of too many innocents.

So yeah, if I were the benevolent dictator of this country, I'd simply outlaw guns with magazines. That would leave plenty of guns for people to hunt with and defend their homes. As for government tyranny, good luck fighting off government drones with your assault rifle. It hasn't gone so well for Al Qaida, I hear. Might as well stick to the ballot box. I'd also spend a crap-ton of cash on mental health services. But you'll never get rid of dangerously crazy people. You can get rid of ways they can inflict the most harm.

Of course, you have a conservative movement and its NRA friends who think that 20 dead kindergarteners is an acceptable price to pay for their "freedom" to own weapons better suited for highly trained security forces. You have have a conservative movement that would fight to its last breath for those 20 when they were fetuses, but can't bring itself to get outraged once they were born. You have a conservative movement that will now scream about liberals "politicizing a tragedy" to take away their guns—validating every Obama conspiracy theory they've held since Day One of his presidency. As if we'd give a shit about their stupid guns if innocents weren't regularly dying because of them.

Did you hear what he said? Resistance is futile. Welcome and love your new overlords (/sarc).

Acala
12-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Good. I hope they pass something really draconian. Then we can get to the real issue faster: secession.

Czolgosz
12-17-2012, 01:57 PM
Good. I hope they pass something really draconian. Then we can get to the real issue faster: secession.

+a bazillion