PDA

View Full Version : Virtual School

Schifference
12-17-2012, 08:01 AM
Allow children the opportunity to home school via online. Take a class pass the tests and get your credentials. No need for all the teachers and buildings. No need for extra security or Pat Downs at the door. Children can learn safe at home and pass accredited courses.

specsaregood
12-17-2012, 08:04 AM
Allow children the opportunity to home school via online. Take a class pass the tests and get your credentials. No need for all the teachers and buildings. No need for extra security or Pat Downs at the door. Children can learn safe at home and pass accredited courses.

The vast majority of parents don't have the skills, the mindset, the time or the desire to do that.

Schifference
12-17-2012, 08:26 AM
Maybe so but with unemployment what it is and the expense of school that translates to property tax, kids could go to accredited school from home via computer without having to go to brick and mortar.

osan
12-17-2012, 08:36 AM
Maybe so but with unemployment what it is and the expense of school that translates to property tax, kids could go to accredited school from home via computer without having to go to brick and mortar.

All those property taxes could be left in the hands of parents who could then afford to purchase good computers and high speed lines.

No fuel being burned by millions of school buses.

No more mass shootings of children bottled up in classrooms like fish in barrels.

Parents in actual control of their children, raising them up as they see fit.

Imagine that...

It is no wonder it will never happen.

ghengis86
12-17-2012, 08:38 AM
Khan Academy FTW

http://www.khanacademy.org/

ghengis86
12-17-2012, 08:40 AM
Compulsory education will cease to exist as we know it in 20 years. No more classrooms, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks. The Internet broke down the walls of information dissemination; educators will fight it tooth and nail, but it's a losing battle.

Schifference
12-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Someone on Fox News was suggesting putting bars on the doors and windows. I saw a comic the other day and would love it if someone posted it here. It was of prison and schools and TSA I think. People holding their hands up.

XNavyNuke
12-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Compulsory education will cease to exist as we know it in 20 years. No more classrooms, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks. The Internet broke down the walls of information dissemination; educators will fight it tooth and nail, but it's a losing battle.

Buckminster Fuller made that same prediction back in the 1960's when satellite television transmission came of age. I'm still waiting for that to happen. Something makes me think that there are people making significant money off the status quo.

XNN