PDA

View Full Version : Teen Arrested For Facebook Threat To "Shoot Up Schools If Assault Weapons Laws Are Changed

Constitutional Paulicy
12-17-2012, 01:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRSjBB_A7Gg&feature=youtube_gdata

Keith and stuff
12-17-2012, 01:37 AM
I am not sure how he broke the law. If I said, if 1,000 people turn blue on Wednesday, I'll shot all of the blue people within 100 miles, will I be arrested?

TheTexan
12-17-2012, 01:41 AM
Wasn't too long ago you could say all kinds of stupid shit on the internet if you wanted to...

nobody's_hero
12-17-2012, 06:35 AM
Well, he did put a condition on it. "if"

aGameOfThrones
12-17-2012, 07:01 AM
Does it meet Brandenburg v. Ohio, 395 US 444 (1969)

Or

Watts v. United States - 394 U.S. 705 (1969) Petitioner's remark during political debate at small public gathering that, if inducted into Army (which he vowed would never occur) and made to carry a rifle "the first man I want to get in my sights is L.B.J.," held to be crude political hyperbole which, in light of its context and conditional nature, did not constitute a knowing and willful threat against the President within the coverage of 18 U.S.C. § 871(a).

Certiorari granted; 131 U.S.App.D.C. 125, 402 F.2d 676, reversed and remanded.

BSU kid
12-17-2012, 08:31 AM
Legal or not this guy makes gun owners look bad, and only gives the liberal media and politicians more "ammunition" against our rights.

EBounding
12-17-2012, 08:37 AM
I am not sure how he broke the law. If I said, if 1,000 people turn blue on Wednesday, I'll shot all of the blue people within 100 miles, will I be arrested?

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me.

youngbuck
12-17-2012, 10:21 AM
He's being charged with harassment. Who's the defendantplaintiff? I bet the state.

Stellwagen
12-17-2012, 10:38 AM
"he admitted to detectives he's an internet troll" ! that's what the trolls look like......

seriously. weird you can post something online and end up in jail that night

Kotin
12-17-2012, 10:43 AM
He's being charged with harassment. Who's the defendant? I bet the state.

Just about to ask that..

youngbuck
12-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Just about to ask that..

Yea, I mean, who exactly was harassed here, and wants to press charges? I'm guessing nobody, and the state is taking the initiative... People of the State of Connecticut v. Internet Troll.

I

sirgonzo420
12-17-2012, 12:26 PM
He's being charged with harassment. Who's the defendantplaintiff? I bet the state.

Fuckin' hilarious that a kid gets upset at the prospect of the state infringing on his rights even more than it already does, and the state hollers "harassment".

Only in Amurka.

sailingaway
12-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Legal or not this guy makes gun owners look bad, and only gives the liberal media and politicians more "ammunition" against our rights.

this.

What an idiotic reaction.

tangent4ronpaul
12-17-2012, 12:34 PM
He should have threatened to "take out" Congress - with a kitchen knife, a hammer, a sling shot and a bow and arrow. Kind of like that guy in China did to that school on the very same day as this school shooting...

Come on Feindstein? Where is the ban and door to door confiscation of kitchen knives and hammers?

:rolleyes:

-t

sailingaway
12-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Yea, I mean, who exactly was harassed here, and wants to press charges? I'm guessing nobody, and the state is taking the initiative... People of the State of Connecticut v. Internet Troll.

I

also likely. I suspect they are relying on the idea that if they drop charges the troll will be relieved and not take on the expense of prosecution. Whereas if they find the guy has different kinds of problems, they can prosecute.

But I'm not looking at the facts in detail to see if some 'imminent attack' appeared likely or anything.

Keith and stuff
12-17-2012, 03:20 PM

Not really. He is an internet troll. There are millions of internet trolls. They troll. It isn't a big deal. Only someone with very little understanding of the internet culture would both to think twice about something like this. If anyone is making gun owners look bad, it is the police who arrested him and the media who covered it.

NorfolkPCSolutions
12-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Wasn't too long ago you could say all kinds of stupid shit on the internet if you wanted to...

Wasn't too long ago you could say all kinds of stupid shit full stop, if you wanted to.

AAAAAAND THE HOOOOOOME OF THHHHHEEEE BRRRRAAAAVE

Anti Federalist
12-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Post shit on Fedbook under my real name and picture, they said...

It'll be fun, they said...

It's a free country, they said...

tangent4ronpaul
12-17-2012, 04:16 PM
Post shit on Fedbook under my real name and picture, they said...

It'll be fun, they said...

It's a free country, they said...

Well I did - sorta... I posted under a different persons pic. So did like a zillion other people too! Man, this Dr. Paul dude is gonna be soo screwed when they catch up with him! Answering for all those peoples "sins"...

lol!

-t

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-17-2012, 05:37 PM
"he admitted to detectives he's an internet troll" ! that's what the trolls look like......

seriously. weird you can post something online and end up in jail that night

lol. I've seen much better trolls than that. If he's gonna call himself a troll, he should roll with something better.