PDA

View Full Version : Mother of Sandy Hook gunman 'was a gun obsessive living in fear of society's collapse'

Anti Federalist
12-16-2012, 11:52 PM
So says the Belfast Telegraph in Ireland.

This is yellow journalism turned orange.

"You give me the pictures and I'll give you the war."

Mother of Sandy Hook gunman Adam Lanza 'was a gun obsessive living in fear of society's collapse'

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/mother-of-sandy-hook-gunman-adam-lanza-was-a-gun-obsessive-living-in-fear-of-societys-collapse-16251468.html

The mother of Sandy Hook gunman Adam Lanza who slaughtered 20 US schoolchildren and seven adults was a gun-hoarding survivalist who was stockpiling weapons in preparation for an economic collapse, it has emerged.

Nancy Lanza was shot four times in the head before her son Adam gunned down young pupils and teachers at Sandy Hook elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut.

Her sister-in-law Marsha Lanza told reporters at her Illinois home that her gun-obsessed relative was part of the ‘prepper’ movement that fears an economic collapse will lead to a breakdown in society.

“She prepared for the worst,” Ms Lanza said.

“Last time we visited her in person, we talked about prepping — are you ready for what could happen down the line, when the economy collapses?”

Nancy Lanza (52) had five registered firearms, had begun stockpiling food and taught Adam how to shoot. He is believed to have used three of her guns — a Bushmaster .223-calibre, and two handguns, a Glock 10 mm and a Sig Sauer 9mm — in the school massacre after he shot her dead in bed.

After taking her car, Adam Lanza (20) blasted his way into the school building in Newtown, Connecticut and used a high-power rifle to kill 20 children and six adults, including the principal and school psychologist who tried to stop him. The youngest victims were six and seven, the oldest 56.

Connecticut Governor Dannel Malloy said Lanza shot himself after about 10 minutes of shooting as first responders entered the building.

A law enforcement official said Lanza — said to be addicted to violent video games — had “lots of ammo” on him when he died, enough to carry out significant additional carnage. During the rampage Lanza wiped out a first class of six and seven-year-olds and their two teachers.

“There were 14 coats hanging there and 14 bodies. He killed them all,” a law enforcement officer said.

Governor Malloy added in a TV interview: “We surmise that it was during the second classroom episode that he heard responders coming and apparently at that, decided to take his own life.”

All the victims at the school were shot with a rifle, at least some of them at close range, and all were apparently shot more than once, said Chief Medical Examiner Dr H Wayne Carver. There were as many as 11 shots on the bodies he examined.

All six adults killed at the school were women. Of the 20 children, eight were boys and 12 were girls.

Parents identified the children through photos to spare them some shock, Carver said.

Amid the confusion and sorrow, stories of heroism emerged, including an account of Hochsprung, 47, and the school psychologist, Mary Sherlach, 56, rushing toward Lanza in an attempt to stop him. Both died.

There was also 27-year-old teacher Victoria Soto, whose name has been invoked as a portrait of selflessness. Investigators told relatives she was killed while shielding her first-graders from danger. She reportedly hid some students in a bathroom or closet, ensuring they were safe, a cousin, Jim Wiltsie, told ABC News.

The gunman's father, Peter Lanza, issued a statement relating his own family's anguish in the aftermath.

“Our family is grieving along with all those who have been affected by this enormous tragedy. No words can truly express how heartbroken we are,” he said. “We are in a state of disbelief and trying to find whatever answers we can. We too are asking why. Like so many of you, we are saddened, but struggling to make sense of what has transpired.”

Authorities said Lanza had no criminal history, and it was not clear whether he had a job. Lanza was believed to have been diagnosed with Asperger's, a mild form of autism.

Richard Novia, the school district's head of security until 2008, who also served as adviser for the Newtown High School technology club, of which Lanza was a member, said he clearly “had some disabilities”.

phill4paul
12-17-2012, 12:07 AM
This is WAR. I know you hate FB but I use it as I know it uses me. I've had a good track record. Until this shooting. I've actually been unfriended. Over nothing more than rational arguments. I withstood verbosity such as "tea party idiot" and "Ron Paul......." You know the tact used. Never once issued a personal attack. Only political.
They have become unhinged. They cannot even allow dissent.
They are the ones that are gonna use the state to kill your ass.

donnay
12-17-2012, 12:17 AM
The story seems to change hourly. :rolleyes:

Anti Federalist
12-17-2012, 12:20 AM
This is WAR. I know you hate FB but I use it as I know it uses me. I've had a good track record. Until this shooting. I've actually been unfriended. Over nothing more than rational arguments. I withstood verbosity such as "tea party idiot" and "Ron Paul......." You know the tact used. Never once issued a personal attack. Only political.

I know exactly what it is brother, I know exactly what we are facing.

I've known it all along.

And got shouted down for being too "negative" or a "blowhard".

Now, you see how unhinged they got over 30 men, women and children.

Picture, if you will, the day after a "false flag" terror attack kills 30,000 men women and children.

Or 300,000.

Or 3,000,000.

We either make a stand and carve out a space for us through seccesion or flat out conquest (yes I said it) or we die and liberty die, right here, right now.

We are it, the last line in the sand.

heavenlyboy34
12-17-2012, 12:24 AM
Yep. And the Millgram Experiment seems to suggest that we're going to be in a world of pain when TSHTF. :(

ETA: For those not familiar with the Millgram Experiment- http://psychology.about.com/od/historyofpsychology/a/milgram.htm

puppetmaster
12-17-2012, 12:34 AM
My guess is like this. The mother is a scorned single woman and is depressed. She goes home every night and complains about work. She tells her kids that her students act older than they do or that her students are causing her stress. The son decides that this situation needs to be fixed. The rest is history

LibertyEagle
12-17-2012, 12:42 AM

I haven't gotten that at all. Not yet, anyway.

LibertyEagle
12-17-2012, 12:43 AM
My guess is like this. The mother is a scorned single woman and is depressed. She goes home every night and complains about work. She tells her kids that her students act older than they do or that her students are causing her stress. The son decides that this situation needs to be fixed. The rest is history

So, he de-stresses her by killing her? That doesn't make too much sense to me.

donnay
12-17-2012, 12:50 AM

The superintendent said she was not a teacher at Sandy Hook nor is there anything indicating that she was even a substitute teacher either.

Sources:
http://www.mediaite.com/online/reports-nancy-lanza-wasnt-a-teacher-at-sandy-hook-elementary/
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/16/at-least-26-dead-in-shooting-at-connecticut-school/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/gunman-kills-mother-then-26-in-grade-school-rampage-in-connecticut/2012/12/15/9017a784-46b6-11e2-8061-253bccfc7532_story.html

puppetmaster
12-17-2012, 12:55 AM
So, he de-stresses her by killing her? That doesn't make too much sense to me. There are many reasons that could cause him to kill her. She tried to stop him from going to commit crime. It could have been a mercy kill. Maybe she just used the son/student comparison one to many times.

TheTexan
12-17-2012, 12:58 AM
There are many reasons that could cause him to kill her. She tried to stop him from going to commit crime. It could have been a mercy kill. Maybe she just used the son/student comparison one to many times.

Another explanation: "leave no witnesses"

angelatc
12-17-2012, 12:58 AM

Obviously it was the "scorned single woman" mother's fault? Gotcha.

Something is seriously wrong with you.

For starts, the guy did something that was insane. There is no logical explanation for it.

Scorned single woman. Really? Here I thought all women only married men to take their money and leave. Her husband got out in the nick of time....right?

puppetmaster
12-17-2012, 12:59 AM
The superintendent said she was not a teacher at Sandy Hook nor is there anything indicating that she was even a substitute teacher either.

Sources:
http://www.mediaite.com/online/reports-nancy-lanza-wasnt-a-teacher-at-sandy-hook-elementary/
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/16/at-least-26-dead-in-shooting-at-connecticut-school/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/gunman-kills-mother-then-26-in-grade-school-rampage-in-connecticut/2012/12/15/9017a784-46b6-11e2-8061-253bccfc7532_story.html

Ah I have not been keeping up with this ever changing storey

puppetmaster
12-17-2012, 01:00 AM
Obviously it was the "scorned single woman" mother's fault? Gotcha.

Something is seriously wrong with you. yeah I am a realist. Damn you jump to conclusions fast. Relax everything is not a personal attack on you

James Madison
12-17-2012, 01:02 AM

Sources:

So, what's the connection between shooter and victim?

angelatc
yeah I am a realist

That's the stupidest thing anybody has said about this incident yet. And the fact that you honestly believe that? THere is something seriously wrong with you. Get help.

thoughtomator

Sources:

That confirms what the allegedly crazy conspiracy theorists discovered. Not so crazy after all, it seems.

So why this school? Why was the mother there? Or, I guess at this point we have to ask, was the mother actually there? Has anyone independently verified the corpses of the mother and son?

donnay
12-17-2012, 01:08 AM
So, what's the connection between shooter and victim?

That's the $64,000 question...what was his motive?

donnay
12-17-2012, 01:11 AM
That confirms what the allegedly crazy conspiracy theorists discovered. Not so crazy after all, it seems.

So why this school? Why was the mother there? Or, I guess at this point we have to ask, was the mother actually there? Has anyone independently verified the corpses of the mother and son?

It was interesting that the media knew the mother was dead before the alleged killers name was out. At first they named the brother.

Many good people are monitoring this very closely and catching the narrative continuously change. This could be another reason why they want control of the internet.

puppetmaster
12-17-2012, 01:13 AM
That's the stupidest thing anybody has said about this incident yet. And the fact that you honestly believe that? THere is something seriously wrong with you. Get help. you are really torqed about me discussing ideas and theories and I am the one needing help? If I bother you so much don't read respond or better yet block my posts.

puppetmaster
12-17-2012, 01:14 AM
It was interesting that the media knew the mother was dead before the alleged killers name was out. At first they named the brother.

Many good people are monitoring this very closely and catching the narrative continuously change. This could be another reason why they want control of the internet.

It is curious

phill4paul
12-17-2012, 01:14 AM
I know exactly what it is brother, I know exactly what we are facing.

I've known it all along.

And got shouted down for being too "negative" or a "blowhard".

Now, you see how unhinged they got over 30 men, women and children.

Picture, if you will, the day after a "false flag" terror attack kills 30,000 men women and children.

Or 300,000.

Or 3,000,000.

We either make a stand and carve out a space for us through seccesion or flat out conquest (yes I said it) or we die and liberty die, right here, right now.

We are it, the last line in the sand.

A fine line. A finer line you will not find. Done with it. Throw it in the woods.

TheTexan
12-17-2012, 01:42 AM
Just be prepared.... most likely we still have some time... a year or two, or if we're very very lucky, a few more...

but it could be tomorrow.

phill4paul
12-17-2012, 01:46 AM
Just be prepared.... most likely we still have some time... a year or two, or if we're very very lucky, a few more...

but it could be tomorrow.

Tomorrow? Hell, get yer head on straight, with the right circumstance it could be right now. Now. As we type.

Nirvikalpa
12-17-2012, 01:46 AM
It really saddens me a victim in this shooting, which she was, is being bastardized so much. So much disrespect, even in death...

UWDude
12-17-2012, 02:24 AM

She didn't work. She lived off $10,000 a mo. alimony.

libertygrl
12-17-2012, 05:49 AM
The story seems to change hourly. :rolleyes:

I did hear one of the neighbors being interviewed say that she was a prepper. I cringed because my immediate thought was how the media was going to be after the preppers now.

tod evans
12-17-2012, 05:53 AM
I did hear one of the neighbors being interviewed say that she was a prepper. I cringed because my immediate thought was how the media was going to be after the preppers now.

They're on it hot-n-heavy this morning..

libertygrl
12-17-2012, 05:59 AM
She didn't work. She lived off $10,000 a mo. alimony.

She was a single mother with a special needs child. (If he was in fact autistic or had some sort of mental disability). To take care of a special needs child is a 7 days a week/ 24 hr. job. I'd say that signifies as work. I do wonder how involved the father was in this kid's life. There's a high rate of divorce within families of autistic kids. Many of the fathers just leave because they can't handle it and the mothers become the sole caregivers.

truelies
12-17-2012, 06:14 AM

or perhaps she is an ordinary parent who made the Big/Fatal Mistake of allowing Big Pharma near her kid.

Simple fact- Virtually every and likely EVERY teen mass killer has a history of legal mind altering drug use. Or maybe if one digs hard enough it will turn out that this event is much along the lines of the Port Arthur Massacre in Australia.

MelissaCato
12-17-2012, 06:23 AM
Did anyone read what Russian Intelligence said about this tragedy? There's a writeup going around facebook that is a very interesting and detailed read. I'll try an find it again when I get to my PC.

pacelli
12-17-2012, 06:32 AM
The article said that all of the victims were shot with a rifle, yet another article said that the rifle was left in the car, and Lanza was armed with 2 handguns.

What the fuck?

TER
12-17-2012, 06:34 AM
The article said that all of the victims were shot with a rifle, yet another article said that the rifle was left in the car, and Lanza was armed with 2 handguns.

What the fuck?

And another says that the police know with what gun he killed himself with but have not released it yet. I wonder why this has to be kept secret???

UWDude
12-17-2012, 06:49 AM
She was a single mother with a special needs child. (If he was in fact autistic or had some sort of mental disability). To take care of a special needs child is a 7 days a week/ 24 hr. job. I'd say that signifies as work. I do wonder how involved the father was in this kid's life. There's a high rate of divorce within families of autistic kids. Many of the fathers just leave because they can't handle it and the mothers become the sole caregivers.

*yawn*
I was replying to the other guys scenario that "She goes home every night and complains about work."
OK?
So lay off.
And plus, Aspergers is hardly "special needs child"

devil21
12-17-2012, 07:04 AM
And another says that the police know with what gun he killed himself with but have not released it yet. I wonder why this has to be kept secret???

His Glock magicaly changed from a 9mm to a 10mm too. 9mm are very common. 10mm not so much.

This new narrative just seems a little too convenient, almost like it's scripted to demonize an entire section of people that have already long been considered inconvenient to the government and the bankers.

So let's count the ways this one incident has solidified negative stereotypes in the minds of general public:
1) Intelligent - shooter described as brilliant young man
2) Computer saavy - shooter had whole room devoted to computers
3) Preppers/collapse preparedness
4) Autistic/Aspergers/people not concered with crap like the latest celebrity news - I pointed out in the main shooting thread that many of us, classified as INTJs and variations would be classified as mildly/high functioning autistic under psych rules (search out INTJ on this forum for poll threads)
5) Gun owners/2A advocates - and of course it's the typical Glock/AR/black gun stigma, even though most of the cops on the scene had the SAME WEAPONS

There's more but I can't think of them off hand.

Did anyone read what Russian Intelligence said about this tragedy? There's a writeup going around facebook that is a very interesting and detailed read. I'll try an find it again when I get to my PC.

Are you referring to the Sorcha Faal piece claiming that mother and father of shooter are CIA or something else? Please post up the write-up if you get a chance.

moostraks
12-17-2012, 07:13 AM
They're on it hot-n-heavy this morning..

Been busy this week so mostly out of the loop but heard this as well this morning and popped in here to see if it was the same ya'll were experiencing. So far local radio suggestions from the masses are suggesting it is the fault of pot and that children need to go to school in a gated community environment with gretaer security at the school itself as well as having to go through a gated guard shack.

First they should see what big pharma drugs were involved. Second the best way to make a paranoid, hated filled society is by creating the type of sterile, isolationist society the guard shack guy wanted.

Yeah, we got a problem when every tragedy is followed with making us into an even more bubble wrapped society. I am fed up with the paranoids who are afraid of their own shadows not allowing the rest of us to live our lives.

To the local announcer's credit he is being reasonable that this is an isolated situation that is not the norm and that there is little proactive behavior that could change the outcome. However, the general direction this station usually takes is to shape the dialogue so my trust value is extremely low.

libertygrl
12-17-2012, 10:53 AM
*yawn*
I was replying to the other guys scenario that "She goes home every night and complains about work."
OK?
So lay off.
And plus, Aspergers is hardly "special needs child"

Geez, someone's cranky today. I just wanted to set the record straight. Why do you have a problem with that?

Are you a family member or parent of a child with Asperger's that you can confidently say that Aspergers is hardly "special needs?" I have a nephew on the autistic spectrum and he goes to a private school with kids of varying degrees of special needs - including Aspergers. Aspergers is listed under the autistic spectrum disorders and is recognized by the National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities.

What are the Specific Disorders on the Autism Spectrum?

There are five disorders classified under the umbrella category officially known as Pervasive Developmental Disorders, or PDD. As shown below, these are:

autism;
Asperger syndrome;
Rett syndrome;
childhood disintegrative disorder; and
Pervasive Developmental Disorder Not Otherwise Specified (often referred to as PDDNOS).

At the moment, according to the 2000 edition of the DSM-IV, a diagnosis of autistic disorder (or “classic” autism) is made when a child displays 6 or more of 12 symptoms across three major areas:

social interaction (such as the inability to establish or maintain relationships with peers appropriate to the level of the child’s development,
communication (such as the absence of language or delays in its development), and
behavior (such as repetitive preoccupation with one or more areas of interest in a way that is abnormal in its intensity or focus).

The nation’s special education law, the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), requires that all children suspected of having a disability be evaluated without cost to their parents to determine if they do have a disability and, because of the disability, need special services under IDEA.

h ttp://nichcy.org/disability/specific/autism#disorders

Tpoints
12-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Autism is a very serious problem!
http://www.pd.infn.it/~dorigo/autism_organic_foods.jpg

LibForestPaul
12-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Not sure if found out about Milgram in this threa...but

Later experiments conducted by Milgram indicated that the presence of rebellious peers dramatically reduced obedience levels. When other people refused to go along with the experimenters orders, 36 out of 40 participants refused to deliver the maximum shocks.

pochy1776
12-17-2012, 06:23 PM
or perhaps she is an ordinary parent who made the Big/Fatal Mistake of allowing Big Pharma near her kid.

Simple fact- Virtually every and likely EVERY teen mass killer has a history of legal mind altering drug use. Or maybe if one digs hard enough it will turn out that this event is much along the lines of the Port Arthur Massacre in Australia.

Slate claims that after Australia BANNED GUNS ALL OF IT, that there has been no more violence since. Nobody seems to think that economic prosperity (Australia number 5 in fraser study of economic freedom)

My opinion is starting to change, but i don't think banning anything would help. America is a unique country, and the media has done a disservice by simplifying it into No guns or more guns. It should be a debate. Americans are some of the most impulsive people in the world, and tends to pass shitty laws that have consequence.

Patriot Act
Homeland Security
Iran Sanctions
War with Iraq all came after 9/11

Brady bill came after reagan shooting

if amending the second amendment and/or passing really strict gun laws maybe even an outright ban- it just goes to show how americans are the most idiotic and impulsive legislators in the world

KerriAnn
12-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Sorcha Faal…Russian intelligence on Connecticut massacre

http://beforeitsnews.com/politics/2012/12/sorcha-faal-russian-intelligence-on-connecticut-massacre-2476868.html

brushfire
12-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Exploiting the crisis and controlling the narrative.

tangent4ronpaul
12-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Autism is a very serious problem!
http://www.pd.infn.it/~dorigo/autism_organic_foods.jpg

WTF??? - so organic foods cause autism?

-t

Brian4Liberty
12-17-2012, 08:25 PM
So, he de-stresses her by killing her? That doesn't make too much sense to me.

It would only make sense to crazy people (i.e. the shooter).

Tpoints
12-17-2012, 09:14 PM

-t

I didn't say that! But you got a hell of a coincidence to explain! :)

cjm
12-17-2012, 11:00 PM

-t

I wonder how closely the increase in autism tracks with the price of gold?