PDA

View Full Version : Obama in Newtown: ‘We can’t tolerate this anymore’

donnay
12-16-2012, 09:40 PM
Obama in Newtown: ‘We can’t tolerate this anymore’
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-newtown-t-tolerate-anymore-022115820--politics.html

Cast by tragedy in the role of comforter-in-chief, President Barack Obama assured the grieving, shell-shocked Newtown community on Sunday that "you are not alone" and vowed sternly to wield with "whatever power this office holds" in a quest to prevent future mass shootings.

"We can't tolerate this anymore," Obama said from behind a podium on the stage of a Newton High School auditorium, as adults wept, or hugged, or sat quietly, many hugging small children. "These tragedies must end. And to end them, we must change."

"In the coming weeks, I'll use whatever power this office holds to engage my fellow citizens -- from law enforcement, to mental health professionals, to parents, and educators -- in an effort aimed at preventing more tragedies like this, because what choice do we have?" the president said.

"We can't accept events like this as routine. Are we really prepared to say that we're powerless in the face of such carnage? That the politics are too hard? Are we prepared to say that such violence visited on our children year, after year, after year is somehow the price of our freedom?"

There were sobs from the crowd as the president read the first names of the 20 children slaughtered at nearby Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday and paid tribute to the six adults who died defending them. Twenty-six candles in twenty-six shining glass vases shone from the base of the podium.

Obama anticipated — and dismissed — some of the time-honored arguments against stricter restrictions on guns. "We will be told that the causes of such violence are complex, and that is true," he said. "No single law no set of laws can eliminate evil from the world or prevent every senseless act of violence in our society."

"But that can't be an excuse for inaction. Surely we can do better than this," he said.

"If there's even one step we can take to save another child or another parent or another town from the grief that's visited Tucson, and Aurora, and Oak Creek, and Newton, and communities from Columbia to Blacksburg before that then surely we have an obligation to try," he said.

All around Newtown, all around the country, people grieved for the 20 children — six and seven years old — and six adults killed in one of the worst mass shootings in America's history. In the town, they gently piled notes, stuffed animals and American flags, balloons and flowers, in makeshift memorials where candles fluttered. New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz played wearing a shoe that read "R.I.P. Jack Pinto" in black marker, an homage to one of the slain six-year-olds. Flags from coast to coast flew at half-staff. As the president's motorcade climbed the hill up the school, he could glimpse a few homes with Christmas lights -- but most were dark.

"Here in Newtown, I come to offer the love and prayers of a nation," the president said. "I am very mindful that mere words cannot match the depths of your sorrow, nor can they heal your wounded hearts."

"I can only hope it helps for you to know you are not alone in your grief that our world too has been torn apart. That all across this land of ours, we have wept with you. We've pulled our children tight," Obama said. "And you must know that whatever measure of comfort we can provide, we will provide. Whatever portion of sadness that we can share with you to ease this heavy load, we will gladly bear it.

"Newtown, you are not alone."

In the high school auditorium where the president spoke, the audience included a large number of elementary school-age children, some carrying cuddly toys like teddy bears, according to pool reporter Stephen Collinson of Agence France-Presse.

The president met for more than an hour privately with families of the victims and emergency workers who responded to the crisis. As those same first responders entered the auditorium, the crowd erupted in a standing ovation. Some traded lingering hugs with members of the audience.

"We needed this. We needed to be together," said Rev. Matt Crebbin, the senior minister at Newtown Congregational church. "These darkest days of our community shall not be the final word heard from us."

Connecticut Governor Dannel Malloy, describing his meeting moments early with Obama, said that the president had called Friday "the most difficult day of his presidency."

By 4 p.m., the line cars trying to reach the interfaith vigil stretched more than 2 miles from Newtown High School back through Sandy Hook -- and its growing makeshift memorial -- to Saint Rose church, the site of several vigils for (and hoax threats related to) Friday's massacre.

In Sandy Hook center, a lawn displayed lights with the phrase "FAITH. HOPE. LOVE." Across the street, a sign wrapped around a street lamp read, "Heaven must have been short on 27 angels."

By 6 p.m., the Iron Bridge, one of the few bars open on Sunday in Sandy Hook, was filled with local residents buzzing about the president's visit -- and the Steelers-Cowboys game.

Throughout the day, chilling new details emerged about the alleged shooter, Adam Lanza, including the revelation that he still had hundreds of live rounds on him when, police say, he took his own life.

The president had first reacted to the shooting on Friday. Obama — his voice choked with emotion, one finger wipping away tears as they welled up — vowed to "take meaningful action, regardless of the politics" to try to prevent future such tragedies. At the same time, White House press secretary Jay Carney had decreed that "today's not the day" to discuss possible gun control measures. And his Administration has reportedly considered new restrictions in the past, only to shelve them.

The White House has shied from seeking tough new action from Congress — where new restrictions on gun purchases would likely run into stiff Republican opposition.

Obama's speech was not the first time he has had the heartbreaking duty of eulogizing a child killed in a mass shooting. After the January 2011 rampage in Tucson, AZ, the president spoke at a memorial for the six people killed, including Christina Taylor Green, 9.

"She had been elected to her student council. She saw public service as something exciting and hopeful. She was off to meet her congresswoman, someone she was sure was good and important and might be a role model," he said. "She saw all this through the eyes of a child, undimmed by the cynicism or vitriol that we adults all too often just take for granted."

"I want to live up to her expectations. I want our democracy to be as good as Christina imagined it. I want America to be as good as she imagined it," Obama said. "All of us -— we should do everything we can to make sure this country lives up to our children's expectations."

Dylan Stableford contributed from Newtown

LibertyEagle
12-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Oh crap. Here it comes. He's going to use a damn Executive Order, I bet, and the Republicans are just going to sit there and hand-wring.

donnay
12-16-2012, 09:45 PM
VIDEO, TRANSCRIPT: President Obama's speech at Newtown, Conn prayer vigil
http://blogs.suntimes.com/politics/2012/12/video_president_obamas_speech_at_newtown_conn_pray er_vigil.html

AuH20
12-16-2012, 09:45 PM
The Supreme Court led by Roberts will simply shrug. And then the real shooting will begin.

12-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Oh crap. Here it comes. He's going to use a damn Executive Order, I bet, and the Republicans are just going to sit there and hand-wring.

Do what, talk a good game and blame somebody else? That's all he ever does.

Obama isn't taking anyone's guns

James Madison
12-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Am I the only one that found this entire event extremely tacky and in very poor taste?

LibertyEagle
12-16-2012, 10:48 PM
Am I the only one that found this entire event extremely tacky and in very poor taste?

Yup. Politicizing a tragedy is disgusting.

Anti Federalist
12-16-2012, 10:49 PM

Yup.

That ground has been vetted.

He could issue an EO stating that the FBI is prohobited from carrying out any new NICS checks.

For example.

Anti Federalist
12-16-2012, 10:49 PM

Yup.

He could issue an EO stating that the FBI is prohibited from carrying out any new NICS checks.

For example.

bolil
12-16-2012, 10:54 PM
The stress being laid on "mental health" gives me as much pause as that laid upon "guns".

dillo
12-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Throwing the Japanese in camps was an eo,

TheTexan
12-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Yup.

He could issue an EO stating that the FBI is prohibited from carrying out any new NICS checks.

For example.

And it would be temporary, of course. Until a better solution could be found. Until it becomes permanent.

NorfolkPCSolutions
12-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Am I the only one who sees the potential for this to have been a Laughner-esque, perpetrated-by-a-victim-of-mind-control false flag attack?

Would the desire of the NWO, via the UN as laid out in the Small Arms Ban Treaty, combined with the power and influence vested in said moneyed men, combined with the necessity of removing the Second Amendment as the final bar to be overcome in removing utterly our Constitution, provide adequate motive to slay six and seven year olds in their schoolrooms?

Am I alone?

Since nearly all my posts have at least one obscenity: fuck.

Anti Federalist
12-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Am I the only one who sees the potential for this to have been a Laughner-esque, perpetrated-by-a-victim-of-mind-control false flag attack?

Would the desire of the NWO, via the UN as laid out in the Small Arms Ban Treaty, combined with the power and influence vested in said moneyed men, combined with the necessity of removing the Second Amendment as the final bar to be overcome in removing utterly our Constitution, provide adequate motive to slay six and seven year olds in their schoolrooms?

Am I alone?

That entered my mind the minute I heard about it.

TheTexan
12-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Am I alone?

You're not alone. Any rational person at this point is considering it as a possibility.

NorfolkPCSolutions
12-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Phew

Nirvikalpa
12-16-2012, 11:04 PM
Whole speech sickened me. What bullshit. I guarantee, if asked, people could name one firearm used in the shooting, but can not give me one name of a child that lost their life. That's a damn shame.

I am still trying to honor the victims by pursuing peace in my own life and my own mind. Too bad so many mourned for only a single day, then used it for their own sick agenda.

ClydeCoulter
12-16-2012, 11:05 PM
OBAMA: "Newtown, you are not alone."

Bullshit, yes they are, each and every parent that lost a child. I know from experience, noone can help you, you have to deal with IT.... all.... by..... your..... self.
Others can try and help by fixing food and coffee for you, and maybe you'll drink the coffee...
I hate that bullshit like he's there to comfort, he's required by the current manners of his office to say something...oh...well...get out of my yard and my pocket.

ClydeCoulter
12-16-2012, 11:08 PM
You're not alone. Any rational person at this point is considering it as a possibility.

Are there any actual eye witnesses to the batman slaughter or this one, that actually can identify the perps?

jkr
12-16-2012, 11:09 PM
sonodrones?

bolil
12-16-2012, 11:13 PM
Why did the establishment stay away from gun-control for so long? Perhaps to let the "issue" gain momentum. To close the system, and let the pressure build and be ready to capitalize on the inevitable rupture. Now, many are saying: "If only we had outlawed guns sooner, this never would have happened! Shame on us for allowing, through inaction, the murder of so many children. We were complacent in our inaction, so let us be rash in our reaction." The power that is may not have anything to do with this tragedy, but understanding the law of averages they were certainly ready for it and relish in it... bastards.

Look at the rush to establish the narrative, to direct the conversation towards the use of firearms in committing crime IGNORING their obvious, and dare I say intended, use in preventing crime.

The dam they built didn't break, it functioned exactly as designed, and failed.

NorfolkPCSolutions
12-16-2012, 11:13 PM
What has the state of things come to, that we are now having this conversation? I'd love to chest-pound, saying something manly like "...from my COLLLD DEAAD HAAANDS," but the truth is, I have a family. And I fear it may well come to that. Out here in flyover country, people are just as ignorant of the reality they live in as are any on either coast...sharing thoughts such as these would very much not qualify as polite conversation where I live.

Meanwhile, speak of the guvmint takin' our gunz, and everyone begins to sound like Mr. Heston.

I weep for those kids, for their mothers and their fathers. I haven't been nauseated by a news story in so long, I can hardly recall it. (RNC '12 doesn't count. We knew how that would go.) What makes me sick in the pit of my gut is that there are certain truths to be discovered by even a cursory examination of 20th century geopolitical history...if indeed some nefarious plot underlies the horrors of Sandy Hook, what differentiates the core nature of the destruction of human life in that school, from that of the adults killed in WTC Attack Part II? From the Russian government attacking "Terrorists" in Georgia? Or from Stalin and his Katya starvation/massacre? From the purges of Mao, or of Pol Pot? The fact that these were doe-eyed cherubs, not grown men and women who've lived lives of sin; that these were not men wearing the uniforms of a nation nor carrying the banner of a resistance movement?

Despots are despots, and despots do what despots do. Allow me to add that another source of that wrenching in my gut upon learning the news, is my realization that the age of despots has ended. A despot is too readily deposed; his visibility is too great. It's the power behind the money, it's the power behind the power...and the collective despot that these empowered oligarchies have become; the collective power they have attained.

Anonymity can be bought.

Mee krob.

aGameOfThrones
12-16-2012, 11:16 PM
"If there's even one step we can take to save another child or another parent or another town from the grief that's visited Tucson, and Aurora, and Oak Creek, and Newton, and communities from Columbia to Blacksburg before that then surely we have an obligation to try," he said.

LOL

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24343767.jpg

Nirvikalpa
12-16-2012, 11:19 PM
xx

NorfolkPCSolutions
12-16-2012, 11:28 PM
wtf is this

link

(http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/14/15901085-villager-slashes-22-kids-with-knife-at-elementary-school-gates-in-china?lite)them Chinese sure are innovators are they not

-----------------------------------------------

As I was tiptoeing through the tulips over at NBC News' site - home of credible, honest political reporting - I found this:

"Malloy declined to answer whether any documented evidence had been uncovered that Lanza might have been mentally disturbed. At Western Connecticut State University in Danbury, where he enrolled at about 16 in 2008, there was never any indication of trouble, the university said in a statement Sunday.
Lanza took six classes — including website production, data modeling, Philosophy 101 and ethical theory — and compiled a solid 3.26 grade-point average."

I seem to recall initial reports indicating that the shooter was mentally ill...autistic..."Personality Disorder"...the shooter was a good student, having gone off to university at age sixteen.

Once again, Dear Leader is concerned more with optics, and exploitation of the popular reaction to the news. History will determine that it would have been wise for the Obama to confine his foolishness and keep it off the stage. Or I'm completely wrong. He was elected by a majority you know

RonPaulFanInGA
12-16-2012, 11:30 PM

If that happens, what else could they do? Doesn't it take a two-thirds vote to overturn an Executive Order? Republicans don't have that.

ClydeCoulter
12-16-2012, 11:35 PM
Why did the establishment stay away from gun-control for so long? Perhaps to let the "issue" gain momentum. To close the system, and let the pressure build and be ready to capitalize on the inevitable rupture. Now, many are saying: "If only we had outlawed guns sooner, this never would have happened! Shame on us for allowing, through inaction, the murder of so many children. We were complacent in our inaction, so let us be rash in our reaction." The power that is may not have anything to do with this tragedy, but understanding the law of averages they were certainly ready for it and relish in it... bastards.

Look at the rush to establish the narrative, to direct the conversation towards the use of firearms in committing crime IGNORING their obvious, and dare I say intended, use in preventing crime.

Millitary Industrial Complex is profitable, is it not? Look at all the military surplus that has been disposed of, etc...new shiny stuff too. And when they want 'em, they'll take 'em. They have done so with everything else, right? Besides, it's not like "they" are gonna get hurt if all hell breaks loose, there's room in China or some other country where their wealth is in tact. It's not like they are "patriotic" or "nationalistic" so much as they are for "me".

RSLudlum
12-16-2012, 11:38 PM
"If there's even one step we can take to save another child or another parent or another town from the grief that's visited Libya, and Pakistan, and Yemen, and Iran, and communities from Iraq to Afghanistan before that then surely we have an obligation to try," he said.

LOL

/fixed

ClydeCoulter
12-16-2012, 11:38 PM
If that happens, what else could they do? Doesn't it take a two-thirds vote to overturn an Executive Order? Republicans don't have that.

What? It takes 2/3rds to overturn the kings will? There are just too damn many in the kitchen.

bolil
12-16-2012, 11:44 PM
Millitary Industrial Complex is profitable, is it not? Look at all the military surplus that has been disposed of, etc...new shiny stuff too. And when they want 'em, they'll take 'em. They have done so with everything else, right? Besides, it's not like "they" are gonna get hurt if all hell breaks loose, there's room in China or some other country where their wealth is in tact. It's not like they are "patriotic" or "nationalistic" so much as they are for "me".

The civilian market for used firearms is the least of the MIC's profit. They make the big bucks on bombs and cafeterias, not glocks, sigs, and ARs.

puppetmaster
12-17-2012, 12:13 AM
What happened to the second shooter? Or the guy found in woods? Just curious.

James Madison
12-17-2012, 12:15 AM
What happened to the second shooter? Or the guy found in woods? Just curious.

Just some random dude. Wrong place at the wrong time.

donnay
12-17-2012, 12:18 AM

Am I alone?

You are definitely not alone.

angelatc
12-17-2012, 12:19 AM

NO, that's what I was going to say. When they announced he was going, I wondered if he'd do this. We are so screwed. They're coming for us with everything.

specsaregood
12-17-2012, 12:24 AM
Yup.
He could issue an EO stating that the FBI is prohobited from carrying out any new NICS checks.
For example.

at dinner tonight I overheard 2 little old ladies start talking about this incident. in my head, I started to roll my eyes and was just waiting for it.... then I heard one say, "its all because of these gun free zones! the crazies know there is nobody there to stop them." Then the other one agreed! I couldn't believe it and turned to dblecheck to see who was speaking. I smiled and ordered another margarita. Something in my gut is telling me that him trying to grab guns could very well backfire.

phill4paul
12-17-2012, 12:25 AM
That entered my mind the minute I heard about it.

Yeah, and I bet you also predicted the slippery slope fallacy that would end in permanent road check points. Pffy. Get off these forums you crazy loon. You theorists give the rest of us that believe in reverse incrementalism a bad name!

paulbot24
12-17-2012, 12:45 AM
"We can't tolerate this anymore" is a very dangerous statement from this President. Nearly every time I've heard this statement used, it's usually followed by blaming a person/group for the "whole problem" or a brash move. When I say I can't/won't tolerate something anymore, I'm not seeking a little bit of improvement, I'm gearing up to DO SOMETHING. It is an emotionally charged statement you say when you are through going over details and generally past the point of negotiation. Let's also remember that this President has proven again and again, he cares more about his legacy and making history than hammering out sensible legislation. He would rather use his EO pen than work with the men and women in our large elected body of Congress. If, after much deliberation, they come to a decision he does not "approve", he pulls out the Executive Order pen and writes his decision into law. The ceasar has nearly dissolved the Senate and is now going to work on our Constitution. These are scary times.

S.Shorland
12-17-2012, 03:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGujjO_Za2c

cbrons
12-17-2012, 03:53 AM

They will roll over if the winds are even slightly against them.

The Supreme Court led by Roberts will simply shrug. And then the real shooting will begin.

Oh, man...

The leftist PR hacks are very good at what they do. And the people are stupid, fat, and gullible. These factors on their own are a nightmare, but put together? Total disaster.

tod evans
12-17-2012, 04:30 AM
Oh come on ya'll...........You'll be safer...........And think of the children.......It's for your own good.

truelies
12-17-2012, 06:19 AM
Yeah where has this turd been for the four years of his illegal presidency as Chicago has a 'newtown' equivalent every other weekend. Of course his preferred 'solution'- firearm confiscation has not worked for shit there. Has it.

pacelli
12-17-2012, 06:33 AM
Good, don't tolerate gun free zones. Arm the teachers!

A. Havnes
12-17-2012, 06:56 AM
The stress being laid on "mental health" gives me as much pause as that laid upon "guns".

Same here. I tend to lean towards the "anti-psychiatry" camp. Namely, I don't necessarily believe that behavioral problems have a biological basis. The western world, barring Finland, has some of the worst psychiatric practices ever, and what is considered to be a disorder (disorders come into existence after the APA votes on whether a behavior should be labeled as a disease or not) has gotten to the point where every single person on the planet can be considered mentally ill.

I'm not trying to make the claim that everyone out there is essentially a good soul that, for whatever reason, has gone astray; but I'm completely against the idea that we can profile who is violent and who isn't. I'm also against the idea that medication can fix everything. These things were designed to be a chemical lobotomy, no one knows really how they work, but it has been documented that these chemicals affect more than just the brain: they affect every organ in the body. Hence, medications such as Zyprexa and Risperdol cause severe weight gain and insulin resistance.

Also, medications very seldom can be used pre-emptively anyway. Back in the early nineties, there was one psychiatrist who decided to medicate toddlers who displayed behaviors that might lead to an ADHD diagnosis later in life. The idea was to see if medicating them at such a young age would prevent this. I have personal experience here, since my younger brother was at this age at this time and was medicated.

The pattern that developed was that the kids who were pre-emptively medicated wound up really messed up. They displayed paranoia, mood swings that could sometimes turn violent, and usually wound up being diagnosed as bipolar before even reaching puberty. Granted, no one took them off of their meds to see if these behaviors could be caused by them, but instead figured that the meds were just revealing disorders that would have otherwise been diagnosed later.

Naturally, they were then placed on antipsychotics, which are easily some of the most dangerous 'medications' in the industry. What you wind up doing to the brain is damaging it. You have to admire the brain's plasticity! When the receptors for chemicals in the brain realize that they aren't receiving their usual amount, they increase in size and sensitivity in order to feel like they're getting the same amount that they did before the meds blocked them. At this point, the bad behaviors tend to worsen and so more drugs are administered to stop this and the cycle repeats. This is why brain scans show that people on medication for psychiatric illness have such weird-looking brains. It's not the illness, it's the effect the medications have on the brain. In a developing brain, this is completely unacceptable.

As for my brother, he went through this same cycle. In his teenage years he was barely functional. He's off all his meds now and living quite well. He'll never be normal after all his brain has gone through, but he's a pleasant human being. No more violent tantrums, no more lethargy. I would hate to see psychiatry use this tragedy as an excuse to put more people through this. It's a violation of human rights, and instead of protecting children - our future - they're ensuring a nation of drugged-up zombies.

XNavyNuke
12-17-2012, 07:03 AM

We can become a world leader with the first ever National Psychological Profile program.

.....sigh.

XNN

Wolfgang Bohringer
12-17-2012, 08:34 AM
LOL

Hey Hey Barak Hussein

How many kids did you kill again?

U.S. Army Starts Targeting Children (http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/12/no-child-left-behind.html)

Lucille
12-17-2012, 08:59 AM

Yup. Politicizing a tragedy is disgusting.

That man is reprehensible. I can't believe he would politicize at a memorial service for 20 dead little kids. If it was one of my kids, I would have walked out. He should have been booed off the stage.

The press is just as bad. What was there, about an hour (of misinformation) before they all started in on gun-grabbing?

CaptUSA
12-17-2012, 09:06 AM
What was there, about an hour (of misinformation) before they all started in on gun-grabbing?
You have to understand, these types of tragedies just confirm in everyone's mind the beliefs they had already held.

If you think there should be fewer guns - now you feel justified. Ask for more legislation.
If you think the problem is God was removed from schools - now you feel justified. Ask for more legislation.
If you think it's a mental health problem - now you feel justified - ask for more legislation for mental health screenings.
If you think there should be more guns to deter offenders - now you feel justified. Ask to repeal legislation. (or, like they're doing in my county, ask for armed guards at elementary schools....Grrr...)

Now, if you feel like bad shit happens sometimes and people shouldn't freak out about it because it's so incredibly rare, all these other people who are using this tragedy to justify their own beliefs think you are insensitive and naive. You know, because more force always fixes problems.

Wolfgang Bohringer
12-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Feel free to use these chants in the repressed speech zones when Obama next visits your town. Here's one based on Barak's real dad:

Hey Hey Barak Frank Davis

If you murder more kids, do you think it will save us?

Bill Frederick - Hey, Hey, LBJ
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_krQH_zZqE)

Lucille
12-17-2012, 09:14 AM
You have to understand, these types of tragedies just confirm in everyone's mind the beliefs they had already held.

If you think there should be fewer guns - now you feel justified. Ask for more legislation.
If you think the problem is God was removed from schools - now you feel justified. Ask for more legislation.
If you think it's a mental health problem - now you feel justified - ask for more legislation for mental health screenings.
If you think there should be more guns to deter offenders - now you feel justified. Ask to repeal legislation. (or, like they're doing in my county, ask for armed guards at elementary schools....Grrr...)

Now, if you feel like bad shit happens sometimes and people shouldn't freak out about it because it's so incredibly rare, all these other people who are using this tragedy to justify their own beliefs think you are insensitive and naive. You know, because more force always fixes problems.

It's a mixed-up, crazy Orwellian world. I am disgusted and appalled.

At Sandy Hook Memorial, Obama Showcases the Magical Thinking of Gun Controllers
http://reason.com/blog/2012/12/17/at-sandy-hook-memorial-obama-showcases-t#fold

Finally, a president who has the guts to come out against the murder of children. Not only that, but he is prepared to confront those who, for murky but clearly frivolous reasons, tolerate violence, oppose tragedy prevention, and shrink from saving innocent lives. Because "politics" cannot be allowed to obstruct the solutions that every decent, right-thinking person favors.

Lucille
12-17-2012, 09:45 AM
The Sickening Presidency
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/128702.html

How awful to watch Obama take the focus off the slain children and their families, and direct it on to himself, the State, and the unceasing hunger for more power. He tries to play a religious role--the State hates and envies God--and calls the dead "our children," to diminish the place of their parents. The State has long sought to abolish the role of parents, of course, and substitute its judges, cops, teachers, and social workers.

Then back to Washington, and time to sign more death warrants for Muslims, including children.

Lucille
12-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Denninger (http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=215013): Mayor Bloomberg...like Obama, is dancing in the blood of children.

libertygrl
12-17-2012, 09:55 AM

Am I alone?

No you are not alone, although I am not 100% sure yet. If there was eyewitness accounts of a second person with him that law enforcement and the media ignores, then I will be more suspicious.

I am also speculating about the real reasons behind the widespread dispensing of such strong psychotropic drugs on children over the past several years. Besides making billions for the phramacutical industrial complex, is it also to ensure there is a continuing supply of these kids to choose from? Usually these attackers are young white males, no? I think the combination of these drugs along with the advancement of realism in violent video games, is part of the recipe to create these mind altering assassins.

Lucille
12-17-2012, 11:52 AM
God Damn You, America, and Your White, Privileged Grief
http://powerofnarrative.blogspot.ca/2012/12/god-damn-you-america-and-your-white.html

We've had Cool Obama, and No Drama Obama. Now we have Weeping Obama. Does Weeping Obama "meet privately" with the families of those he has ordered murdered in Pakistan, or Somalia, or Yemen? Does he even acknowledge those murders -- murders that he himself ordered? Does the "nation reel" in response to these regular, systematic murders of innocent human beings -- many of them children? Does the "nation reel" in response to the Obama administration's repeated public announcements of its Kill List and its Murder Program, a program which intentionally, repeatedly murders innocent people? Does America react with horror to the fact that Obama and his administration claim the "right" to murder anyone they want, anywhere in the world, for any reason they choose or invent out of nothing?
[...]
When I first heard of the tragedy in Newtown, my reaction was certainly one of horror. But it was not different in nature or intensity from my reaction to all the needless murders committed by the United States government in recent years.

And my reaction quickly shifted from horror at the murders in Newtown to a sickened disgust at the purposes for which the general public reaction was immediately utilized.
[...]
Now I want to draw your attention to several other issues that will never be mentioned during the current exercise in national mourning. I again emphasize that I exclude from this analysis those persons and families directly affected by these events. My concern here is the national immersion in this story. This enthusiasm, and there is no other word to describe it, for demonstrating how deeply one is affected, how vast is one's grief, how completely shattered everyone is by these deaths -- everyone, that is, who is supposedly "decent" and "caring," and who is grief-stricken and shattered by these deaths but not by many thousands of other deaths -- is a symptom of a culture that is profoundly disturbed.
[...]
The "narrowly delimited evil" in the current story is, obviously, the murders in Connecticut. Because the majority of the victims were very young children, we have been repeatedly told by everyone how especially awful these murders are. The victims were those who are unquestionably innocent, and who are the most defenseless among us. Everyone has gone on to assert how desperately concerned we all are to protect "our" children, and to always, always keep them safe from harm.

This is a fantastic lie, and a lie that is truly spectacular in its scope. [...]

And that makes it the perfect tragedy for the Age of Obama, and the perfect opportunity for Weeping Obama to make his appearance. Never mind those whom Obama orders to be murdered; don't give a thought to the children abused, humiliated and tormented in ways that will scar them for the rest of their lives; ignore the families destroyed by Obama's zealous pursuit of the monstrous War on Drugs. None of those victims are people like us, they're not human beings who actually matter. Who gives a damn what happens to them? These are among the hideous effects of the unrelentingly cruel and brutal reality America entered when it elected its first black president, a man who perfectly embodies the white authoritarian-corporatist-militarist State, and who ran as a white man. You elected -- and reelected -- a white man who is also a vicious killer. What did you expect?

Now that I've explained some of my reasons -- and there are many more, but these will do for the moment -- I come back to where I began. So I will say it again: God damn you, America.

I've seen some great pieces today on the hypocrisy. Maybe they need their own thread.

Lucille
12-17-2012, 11:57 AM
It Depends Upon Whose Children Are Murdered
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/128745.html

pochy1776
12-17-2012, 12:01 PM
wtf is this

link

(http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/14/15901085-villager-slashes-22-kids-with-knife-at-elementary-school-gates-in-china?lite)them Chinese sure are innovators are they not

-----------------------------------------------

As I was tiptoeing through the tulips over at NBC News' site - home of credible, honest political reporting - I found this:

"Malloy declined to answer whether any documented evidence had been uncovered that Lanza might have been mentally disturbed. At Western Connecticut State University in Danbury, where he enrolled at about 16 in 2008, there was never any indication of trouble, the university said in a statement Sunday.
Lanza took six classes — including website production, data modeling, Philosophy 101 and ethical theory — and compiled a solid 3.26 grade-point average."

I seem to recall initial reports indicating that the shooter was mentally ill...autistic..."Personality Disorder"...the shooter was a good student, having gone off to university at age sixteen.

Once again, Dear Leader is concerned more with optics, and exploitation of the popular reaction to the news. History will determine that it would have been wise for the Obama to confine his foolishness and keep it off the stage. Or I'm completely wrong. He was elected by a majority you know

If he did have autism and a personality disorder, and he gets to go to western connecticut state, I am fucking jealous. i have aspergers and the high school is always giving me shit for no reason. It's like Kafka in there. Fucking media.......

Lucille
12-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Will Grigg: Sympathy from the Devil (http://lewrockwell.com/grigg/grigg-w294.html)

"They had their entire lives ahead of them – birthdays, graduations, weddings, kids of their own," intoned the murderer of 16-year-old Abdulrahman al-Awlaki as he began the liturgy of official mourning for the victims of the Newtown massacre.

Every time children die in an outbreak of violence, "I react not as a president, but as anybody else would as a parent," continued the head of a regime that will not explain to Nasser al-Awlaki why his son Anwar and grandson Abdulrahman – both of the U.S. citizens – were murdered by presidential decree.

"We’ve endured too many of these tragedies in the past few years," insisted the official who has presided over dozens of lethal drone attacks in Pakistan and other countries with whom the U.S. is not formally at war.

Obama wiped away a non-existent tear as he pronounced the familiar, facile phrases of selective sympathy. After ordering that U.S. flags be flown at half-mast for a week, Obama said that he and his wife would hug their children a little closer tonight as he empathizes with the parents whose children were murdered in Newtown.

It’s doubtful that he was moved to similar thoughts of vicarious bereavement as he contemplated the parents in Pakistan, Yemen, and Afghanistan who have been left childless because of his actions.