PDA

View Full Version : Undocumented Immigrants Could Get Jobless Benefits

FreeHampshire
12-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Legislation introduced Tuesday would give about 400,000 undocumented immigrants in California the same rights as citizens to unemployment benefits and various other government services.

Assembly Bill 35 targets a select group of undocumented immigrants, participants in President Barack Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, who came to the United States as youths and have lived generally productive lives for numerous years.

Gov. Jerry Brown signed legislation, effective Jan. 1, that enables participants in the federal program to obtain California driver’s licenses. AB 35 would provide them with rights to a state ID card, unemployment benefits and state-administered medical services.

AB 35 was proposed by Assemblyman Roger Hernández, a West Covina Democrat who was named chairman of the Assembly Labor and Employment Committee this month.

{snip}

http://www.amren.com/news/2012/12/undocumented-immigrants-could-get-jobless-benefits/

Zippyjuan
12-16-2012, 02:59 PM
To be eligible (if the bill passes- it was just introduced), they must also qualify under the Obama plan mentioned above.

Assembly Bill 35 targets a select group of undocumented immigrants, participants in President Barack Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, who came to the United States as youths and have lived generally productive lives for numerous years.

Would 400,000 undocumented immigrants in California qualify? Doesn't look like it for now. As of November 16, total applicants for the program in the ENTIRE COUNTRY were 309,000 with 53,373 approved. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/17/us/obama-immigration-program-sees-rapid-rise-in-applications.html

FreeHampshire
12-16-2012, 03:08 PM
Yep, this is a disaster. More poverty and more gubmint benefits for migrants from a failed nation-state! Yay!

Carson
12-16-2012, 04:01 PM
A separate payment for each one of their identities or would they lump them all together?

P.S. When you think about it, the fix we are in, not being able to pay the way we do, the central bank should do all right loaning out the money. At least for a while.

I suppose they would be for this kind of thing...and any other kind of thing.

In fact I would figure this is just the kind of thing they could put money behind to support. And by put money behind, I mean make sure the right people were put into position that would help them get this sort of thing pushed through.

I don't meant they would actually go out and spend their money when they could sucker someone else into using theirs. I mean ours.

I think they call it, "Lobby" now.

tod evans
12-16-2012, 04:04 PM
What the hell, we send billions to folks who wage war on us might as well subsidize a few more future voters with all the surplus cash...

Carson
12-16-2012, 04:10 PM
To be eligible (if the bill passes- it was just introduced), they must also qualify under the Obama plan mentioned above.

Would 400,000 undocumented immigrants in California qualify? Doesn't look like it for now. As of November 16, total applicants for the program in the ENTIRE COUNTRY were 309,000 with 53,373 approved. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/17/us/obama-immigration-program-sees-rapid-rise-in-applications.html

I wonder how many actual individuals that would represent?

Tpoints
12-16-2012, 04:11 PM
amren, lol.

erowe1
12-16-2012, 04:12 PM
I figure just let California go.

Zippyjuan
12-16-2012, 04:26 PM
I wonder how many actual individuals that would represent?

I have seen various figures but some suggest that about one quarter of the illegal immigrants in the US live in California. That would mean that as of November about 13,000 would qualify. And that assumes they are old enough to drive and would want to- in a state of 37 million. Estimates put illegal immigrants at under seven percent of the CA population.

puppetmaster
12-16-2012, 05:29 PM
I wonder how many actual individuals that would represent? one is too many

cbrons
12-16-2012, 05:36 PM
You could get enraged or you could just laugh. As one person on that site's comment section said: "California is the largest outdoor mental asylum on the planet and the patients are running it." Sums it up perfectly.

cbrons
12-16-2012, 05:36 PM
I should also add that when that state goes belly up you better ready to bail them out. Illinois too.

UMULAS
12-16-2012, 05:38 PM
You guys are all idiots on immigration..again...

Undocumented immigrants pay taxes so why can't they have benefits like anyone else?

cbrons
12-16-2012, 05:59 PM

Undocumented immigrants pay taxes so why can't they have benefits like anyone else?

Why are you using leftist terms for them? They aren't undocumented immigrant, they are illegal aliens. Second, how do you figure they pay income taxes? They pay a myriad of other taxes, I would agree, and they also are probably paid below minimum wage in many instances. I do not have a problem with illegal aliens staying in the country, I more just object to your use of loaded, leftist terms. The problem with immigration can be solved easily if we end the welfare state, then you will have the self-sufficient immigrants who stay.

FreeHampshire
12-16-2012, 06:06 PM

Taxation is a form of theft, who gives a shit if some gentrification-whore from the third world slums come here and pay a few bucks in sales tax? I never asked for them to pay taxes or to live here.

You could get enraged or you could just laugh. As one person on that site's comment section said: "California is the largest outdoor mental asylum on the planet and the patients are running it." Sums it up perfectly.

California's left-leanings have caught up to them. It now deals with the largest amount of poverty in the U.S. What makes it ironic is that these California-tards are moving out of their state to surrounding areas and ruining them as well. Which is what happened to Oregon, Washington, Colorado, and now Texas and some conflicting reports on Alaska. Similar thing happens with the city-rats on the east coast, migrating out to to more rural areas and turning the state blue.

Rudeman
12-16-2012, 06:08 PM
The Dems have full control, yet I'm sure they'll still find a way to blame Republicans for anything and the people will buy it.

erowe1
12-16-2012, 06:08 PM
I do not have a problem with illegal aliens staying in the country, I more just object to your use of loaded, leftist terms.

If you don't have a problem with them staying in this country, then why do you think "illegal alien" is a better term than "undocumented immigrant"?

Zippyjuan
12-16-2012, 06:14 PM
I never asked for them to pay taxes or to live here.

Didn't know an invitation was required or that anybody needed permission from you to do anything. Do you have your invitation?

About half of illegal immigrants DID have an invitation (though maybe not from you personally)- they entered the country on a legal basis- whether as students or on work visas or tourists- and overstayed. http://cronkitenewsonline.com/2010/09/large-share-of-illegal-immigrants-entered-on-visas-not-across-border/

Almost half of undocumented immigrants in the U.S. stayed after their visas expired, according to a 2006 estimate by the Pew Hispanic Center.

The vast majority have been here over 10 years.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/12/60-percent-illegal-immigrants-report.html

More than 60% of adult illegal immigrants in the U.S. have lived here for at least 10 years and nearly half have minor children, according to a report published Thursday by the Pew Hispanic Center.

The analysis based on data from the March 2010 Current Population Survey and the Pew Hispanic Center’s 2010 National Survey of Latinos shows a marked increase in the long-term duration of illegal immigrants in the U.S. compared with a decade ago.

Currently, about 35% of illegal immigrants adults have been in the U.S. for 15 years or more; in 2000 only about 16% had been in the country for that long, says the report, titled “Unauthorized Immigrants: Length of Residency, Patterns of Parenthood.”

An additional 28% have been in the country for 10 to 14 years, a percentage has not changed since 2000. Meanwhile, the percentage of illegal immigrants who have lived in the country for fewer than five years dropped from 32% in 2000 to 15% in 2010.
According to the report, the increased duration of unauthorized immigrants in the country reflects a surge in illegal immigration in the late 1990s and early 2000s but has since slowed due to the sputtering U.S. economy and increased border enforcement.

In addition, relatively few of those who have been in the United States for a long time are now returning to their home countries. There are about 10.2 million unauthorized adults living in the country and an additional 1 million children under the age of 18, according to the report.

Tighter border security has actually encouaged them to stay longer. In the past, they would come for a short while, earn money and go home -perhaps to come back again later. Now since it is harder to get in in the first place, they are not going back home as often- choosing instead to stay.

alucard13mmfmj
12-16-2012, 06:19 PM
raises sales tax by 0.25% on everyone... to give to undocumented workers? what the fuk? i hate my state.