PDA

View Full Version : How To Create A Mass-Murderer

James Madison
12-16-2012, 02:20 PM
I've been mulling over my thoughts on this subject matter for a while, and I've finally decided to speak my mind.

There is a meme being put out by those in the media that we need to have a discussion about mental health in this country. Many in the public are picking up on this and advocating for increased access to counseling, psychiatrists, special programs, etc. In my opinion, this is one of the worst ideas imaginable.

I suffer from several 'mental disorders'. I have experienced withdrawl-brought on psychosis from SSRIs. And I want to speak on behalf of those in my position too afraid to buck the system.

There is no such thing as 'mental illness'

When a person tests positive for influenza virus, they have the flu. If they produce antibodies for cholera, they are harboring the bacterium Vibrio cholera. Real illness is black and white, cut and dry; shades of gray are rare, if non-existant. Mental health isn't as simple. Human behavior is a complex continuum. And any lines we draw to designate 'abnormal' from 'normal' are arbitrary. Yet, this is the basis of modern mental healthcare.

We all have behavior perceived as 'odd', but by no means does this suggest we are wrong in having them. It's simply part of who we are and our inner self. Yet, we tell those with Asperger's, OCD, et al. they are thinking incorrectly. To rectify this, we mold them to meet our own standards for behavior, rather than empowering them, playing to their strengths. Any transient success is acheived at the expense of long-term mental stability. We are told we're wrong and that we must change ourselves to meet the expectations of those around us. But we are unaware of our 'failings' until we are told by society the way we act is wrong.

I am reminded of a South Park episode where Butters is sent to 'Pray the Gay Away' counseling. The people there are miserable, not because of their own failings, but because the authority figures insist their behavior is wrong.

"I didn't know I was wrong until everybody started telling me I'm wrong."

"You're just confused."

"I wasn't confused until you kept telling me I'm confused."

This is how we treat the 'mentally ill' in this country. We tell them they're 'sick' and force them to be someone they aren't. Could you imagine forcing a 'normal' person to behave like a paranoid schizophrenic? Remember Heath Ledger? He killed himself doing just that.

Fighting Cognitive dissonance

Eventually, the real self and the imagined self come to a head. They fight for control of the person with the true self always winning-out in the end. Cognitive dissonance sets in, resulting in an uncomfortable situation. They abandon their visage, including any medication the are using. Seratonin poisoning results in psychotic state where suicidal tendencies are magnified and homicidal tendencies are given birth.

This is the MO of every mass shooter.

Society creates these people. And we have the ability to stop them if we take my advice. Stop treating people with behavioral oddities as if they are wrong and need changing. They are still human beings and have the same basic needs we all have: to live life they way they choose and without the trying to impose its will on them.

I firmly believe if the moral busy-bodies get their way, more of these shootings will happen.

Zippyjuan
12-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Let's give everybody a pat on the back, a trophy and a ribbon for "being who they are" and crimes will go away. Interesting theory. Won't work though. "That's great that you put the cat into the woodchipper Timmy- way to show your resourcefulness!"

Odin
12-16-2012, 02:30 PM
There is something sort of objectively wrong with not thinking rationally though wouldn't you say?

James Madison
12-16-2012, 02:32 PM
Let's give everybody a pat on the back, a trophy and a ribbon for "being who they are" and crimes will go away. Interesting theory. Won't work though. "That's great that you put the cat into the woodchipper Timmy- way to show your resourcefulness!"

Way to completely miss the point. How many people are there throwing cats into woodchippers? The problem is treating people with Asperger's, OCD, BPD as if there is something wrong with them.

pcosmar
12-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Let's give everybody a pat on the back, a trophy and a ribbon for "being who they are" and crimes will go away.

Crime is crime. Illness is illness.

Lets not confuse the two.

Petar
12-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Someone just posted this article written by a mother going on about her psychotic brat on facebook. Some high IQ kid that attacks his family with knives and gets treated with drugs. I responded with an anecdotal story about how I used to be a high IQ brat who did certain bad things, and that my mom calling the cops on me resulted in me being forced to sit in a cage and be terminally bored and pissed off for a while. I explained that this ended up transforming me into someone with a much better understanding of basic right and wrong, and that brats like this should be faced with more consequences and less drugs. The person deleted the whole post soon thereafter.

James Madison
12-16-2012, 02:35 PM
There is something sort of objectively wrong with not thinking rationally though wouldn't you say?

Maybe there is. The point I'm trying to make is that you can't change the way a person thinks. Only the person can change themselves when they are ready. Hope that makes sense.

pochy1776
12-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Way to completely miss the point. How many people are there throwing cats into woodchippers? The problem is treating people with Asperger's, OCD, BPD as if there is something wrong with them.

Well, Living through this Patriot Act world isn't gonna get anywhere. Good for you not taking your SSRIs (i assume.) People don't like things they are afraid of. Thats why they treat people with Aspergers like crap. One thing i will agree on is that Being gay should not be a disease, but that does not mean research should be done on them (non violent of course( too bad in our PC world. A lot of scientific revelations could have come with the DSM diagnosis

VoluntaryAmerican
12-16-2012, 02:39 PM

Good post, I agree. If society treats people as strange or sick they are more likely to behave with that attitude, although the individual still receives a large chunk of blame for his actions.

Neg rep. I'm sick of seeing your anti-liberty posts.

James Madison
12-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Good post, I agree. If society treats people as strange or sick they are more likely to behave with that attitude, although the individual still receives a large chunk of blame for his actions.

Yeah. I'm not in any way excusing their behavior; they decided to commit the crime.

But when you treat people like they're crap, don't be surprised when they become crap.

pcosmar
12-16-2012, 02:47 PM
How To Create A Mass-Murderer

http://www.trutv.com/conspiracy/government-lies/manchurian-candidate/mk-ultra-mind-control.html

The MK ULTRA program ran until the late 1960s. In 1973, CIA director Richard Helms, fearing an investigation, ordered all records pertaining to MK ULTRA destroyed. This action hampered efforts by the congressional Church Committee and the presidential Rockefeller Commission to fully understand and investigate alleged abuses by the CIA.

Despite Helms' orders, some documentation of MK ULTRA survived. One memo describes the type of research into mood-altering chemicals and drugs the CIA pursued. MK ULTRA hoped to find:

Substances which will promote illogical thinking and impulsiveness to the point where the recipient would be discredited in public.
Substances which increase the efficiency of mentation and perception.
Materials which will prevent or counteract the intoxicating effect of alcohol.
Materials which will promote the intoxicating effect of alcohol.
Materials which will produce the signs and symptoms of recognized diseases in a reversible way so that they may be used for malingering, etc.
Materials which will render the induction of hypnosis easier or otherwise enhance its usefulness.
Substances which will enhance the ability of individuals to withstand privation, torture and coercion during interrogation and so-called 'brain-washing.'
Materials and physical methods which will produce amnesia for events preceding and during their use.
Physical methods of producing shock and confusion over extended periods of time and capable of surreptitious use.
Substances which produce physical disablement such as paralysis of the legs, acute anemia, etc.
Substances which will produce 'pure' euphoria with no subsequent let-down.
Substances which alter personality structure in such a way that the tendency of the recipient to become dependent upon another person is enhanced.
A material which will cause mental confusion of such a type that the individual under its influence will find it difficult to maintain a fabrication under questioning.
Substances which will lower the ambition and general working efficiency of men when administered in undetectable amounts.
Substances which promote weakness or distortion of the eyesight or hearing faculties, preferably without permanent effects.
A knockout pill which can surreptitiously be administered in drinks, food, cigarettes, as an aerosol, etc., which will be safe to use, provide a maximum of amnesia, and be suitable for use by agent types on an ad hoc basis.
A material which can be surreptitiously administered by the above routes and which in very small amounts will make it impossible for a person to perform physical activity.

Other experiments were to manipulate an individual (through Drugs & Hypnosis) to kill.

I have seen NO Proof that the project ever ended. I suspect t was just renamed.