PDA

View Full Version : Michigan's 'hot dog guy' getting new digs after Union thugs destroyed his business

itshappening
12-16-2012, 01:41 PM
http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/World/660/371/Clint%20Tarver2_hotdogMI.jpg

The “hot dog guy” is getting new digs.

Clinton Tarver, the owner of Clint’s Hot Dog Cart and Casual Catering, saw his small business thrust into the national spotlight on Tuesday when his supplies were destroyed at a pro-union protest against right-to-work legislation in Lansing, Mich. “Violent” demonstrators tore down a tent where Tarver was serving his dogs, he said, prompting a staff member for a local lawmaker to create an online fundraiser for the 63-year-old downtown fixture. As of Friday, more than $33,000 had been donated.

“I’m overwhelmed,” Tarver said Friday. “The public has shown such love to me. You never know your true friends until you get down and I’ve had people I thought were pretty close to me and they’ve given me one call. You learn from your endeavors.”

Lorilea Zabadal, a staff member for Republican state Rep. Al Pscholka, established the fundraiser after learning of Tarver’s plight.

“Everyone who has passed the hot dog cart knows what a kind and caring individual Clint is,” Zabadal wrote. “He never fails to bestow a smile or friendly greeting. In no way [did] he provoke this attack, nor any of the behavior displayed toward him. Regardless of your position on current legislation, rebuilding Clint's Hot Dogs is something we can all support. Please give what you can to get this deserving businessman back out there!”

Tarver, who won’t be selling dogs curbside again until March, said he’ll unveil a new hot dog cart when he does thanks to his newfound fortune.

“First of all, I’m going to get a brand new cart,” he said. “And I have sick sister, so I’m going to help her out and I’m going to help my church too.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/16/michigan-hot-dog-guy-getting-new-digs-after-protesters-destroyed-his-supplies/?test=latestnews#ixzz2FFICeX70

itshappening
12-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Clint is a victim of union violence. I'm so happy people have stepped in and helped out this hard working American.

Screw the unions. Right to work Works!

VIDEODROME
12-16-2012, 02:39 PM
So cool to hear this story. I used to live in Lansing, MI and I missed all this craziness.

kathy88
12-16-2012, 02:50 PM
He was on the snowball receptacle's radio show a couple days ago.

tod evans
12-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Isn't it amazing what kind of good stuff happens without government intervention?

bolil
12-16-2012, 09:32 PM
How much are they going to tax his charitable windfall?

ghengis86
12-16-2012, 09:53 PM
He was on the snowball receptacle's radio show a couple days ago.

Okay, I LOL'd at that reference

invisible
12-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Okay, I LOL'd at that reference

Same here. Took me a few seconds to get it.