PDA

View Full Version : The True Source Of Random & Mass Shootings And Violence

libertygrl
12-16-2012, 09:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhO0Pul_FcE&feature=player_embedded

Peace Piper
12-16-2012, 11:43 AM
great post -everyone needs to see this! And should ask themselves why the media ignores this common link

Amidst a "Drug War" drugs are advertised on tv and prescribed by the mouthful to kids. It's unbelievable.

supporting sortable database:

http://ssristories.com/index.php

This website is a collection of 4,800+ news stories with the full media article available, mainly criminal in nature, that have appeared in the media (newspapers, TV, scientific journals) or that were part of FDA testimony in either 1991, 2004 or 2006, in which antidepressants are mentioned.

**Thx RPF'r Pcosmar for the reminder

BAllen
12-16-2012, 12:26 PM
When approached to defend his drug legalization stance, Ron Paul said the prescription drugs are worse than the street drugs.

RockEnds
12-16-2012, 12:54 PM
I guess I agree with this. My adoptive mother committed suicide in 1981. She used a hand gun that was kept in the house. I have never blamed the gun. I've always blamed the Valium she was prescribed several years previously. She was really out of her mind by the time she died.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfGYSHy1jQs

Anti Federalist
12-16-2012, 12:59 PM
This.

Anti Federalist
12-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Now, lets dig a little deeper:

What is driving the need for these drugs?

Cognitive Dissonance is a term thrown about, too loosely I think. It is important to understand just what CG is.

It is the pain, upset, mental unbalance and discomfort caused by a rational person trying to adjust to Orwell's world, where one plus one equals three, or five, or nothing.

It is knowing that we have NOT always been at war with Eastasia.

Basically, these drugs are being used like camphor under the nose is used when dealing with a decomposed body.

They are being used to mask the stink of a dying society, to keep the semblance of sanity around people that smell the stink every day, and can neither acclimate themselves to it, nor properly identify what, and where, that stink is coming from.

Deborah K
12-16-2012, 01:23 PM
I think it's a combination of things. Hormonal and chemical imbalances often trigger mental instability. The endocrine system is a thing of wonder. Keeping it in balance is a challenge. Food is usually the culprit when it is out of sync.

Deborah K
12-16-2012, 01:35 PM

This clip should be sent to every single politician and news outlet interviewing the idiots calling for more gun control.

Zippyjuan
12-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Now is it that people who may be unstable are more likely to be on some form of medication to try to control that and end up doing stupid things- that they would be doing something crazy even if they were not on any sort of medication- or is it that the medication caused their behavior? Given the huge numbers of people on those medications who do NOT do crazy things I am inclined to blame the minds of the people for their behavior over the medication.

Deborah K
12-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Now is it that people who may be unstable are more likely to be on some form of medication to try to control that and end up doing stupid things- that they would be doing something crazy even if they were not on any sort of medication- or is it that the medication caused their behavior? Given the huge numbers of people on those medications who do NOT do crazy things I am inclined to blame the minds of the people for their behavior over the medication.

....or their diet. A combination of the wrong diet and meds (along with a total lack of a support system) could be the culprit here.

Dr.3D
12-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Maybe if these people had legal access to pot, they would have been better off than using that prescription stuff.

jtstellar
12-16-2012, 01:53 PM
well i have a cousin that's been on psych drug for years.. it's a "she" so i am not sure but probability of violence might be lower, and i have wanted to tell my uncle and aunt to take her off the drugs since i turned my attention to this matter this year, but the question is then what? seems like she had hallucination before she was taking drugs. if the alternative is going to some psych ward then i suppose there aren't a lot of options

jonhowe
12-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Maybe if these people had legal access to pot, they would have been better off than using that prescription stuff.

I feel much safer lighting up or tripping than I would popping pills.

Zippyjuan
12-16-2012, 02:03 PM
....or their diet. A combination of the wrong diet and meds (along with a total lack of a support system) could be the culprit here.

Millions eat crappy diets and don't go off killing people. Whatever people want to try to blame this on- gun laws, drugs, morality, schools, the parents- it is a rare event. There are over 300 million people in this country- how often does one of them (us) do something like this? And no matter how we may try, you can't prevent them. Even though we want to find answers and somehow stop it from happening in the future. They WILL happen again.

VIDEODROME
12-16-2012, 02:11 PM
well i have a cousin that's been on psych drug for years.. it's a "she" so i am not sure but probability of violence might be lower, and i have wanted to tell my uncle and aunt to take her off the drugs since i turned my attention to this matter this year, but the question is then what? seems like she had hallucination before she was taking drugs. if the alternative is going to some psych ward then i suppose there aren't a lot of options

The psych ward was probably what was done a few decades ago. Not fun for the patient, but the person is contained.

Just throwing this out as it may be part of the trends of different kinds of violence. If mental institutes were defunded, then more people with mental problems are expected to make a living in the world.

Odin
12-16-2012, 02:22 PM
It is quite simple imo, society turns people into something less than human. Humans are hunter-gathers naturally, we thrive off the instincts associated with that kind of lifestyle and civilization/society aims to curtails those instincts. I watched a video recently where a white man goes deep into the jungles of Papua New Guinea, to meet a tribe of people who had never seen a white man and were clueless about the outside world, but they were so human, especially compared to the idiots we see trudging around the malls consuming food and having petty complaints and feuds with one another. But it was cool to get a glimpse into what humans are like by nature, I think you see that we are naturally good and that civilization corrupts (some or many of) us into shell of what we should be. It reminds me of a Nietzsche quote I like - "Society tames the wolf into a dog. And man is the most domesticated animal of all." It's funny how so many indigenous people in the world lived in peaceful coexistence until the 'civilized' people showed up lol.

But I think most people long to break away from society's 'domestication'. It's not easy when our whole lives we've been told how to act, and taught to be the same as everyone else, but I think most people confront it through reason and introspection, while a few take drastic measures in their frustration and/or become mentally ill. But I have no doubt that mental illness is the result of a sick society overall. In some sense I blame the murderer for what he has done but I also look at the causes and say that person may have been mentally healthy and a different type of person had society itself been different.

presence
12-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Funny, I clicked on the thread thinking Paxil, sarcastically.

Tod
12-16-2012, 02:32 PM
I know someone whose son is on a bunch of different meds for mental issues and one day the son (mid 20's) flew off the handle and started pummelling his dad.

Deborah K
12-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Millions eat crappy diets and don't go off killing people. Whatever people want to try to blame this on- gun laws, drugs, morality, schools, the parents- it is a rare event. There are over 300 million people in this country- how often does one of them (us) do something like this? And no matter how we may try, you can't prevent them. Even though we want to find answers and somehow stop it from happening in the future. They WILL happen again.

Keyword in my statement is: combination.

It's true that the combination won't cause the same effect in everyone, but trying to discern what causes something like this is only natural. And, people should work to understand the 'why' in a situation like this, regardless of how rare it is. Especially if you allow yourself to feel compassion for those suffering the loss right now.

libertygrl
12-16-2012, 02:43 PM
I think it's a combination of things. Hormonal and chemical imbalances often trigger mental instability. The endocrine system is a thing of wonder. Keeping it in balance is a challenge. Food is usually the culprit when it is out of sync.

Not to mention BPA in plastics and other assorted toxins we are in contact with everday.

Deborah K
12-16-2012, 02:46 PM
I know someone whose son is on a bunch of different meds for mental issues and one day the son (mid 20's) flew off the handle and started pummelling his dad.

Gigi Bowman, founder of Liberty Candidates, lost her 15 year old daughter to suicide, and Gigi emphatically states the anti-depressant that her daughter's doctor insisted she take, was the cause.

Tod
12-16-2012, 02:49 PM
I watched a video recently where a white man goes deep into the jungles of Papua New Guinea, to meet a tribe of people who had never seen a white man and were clueless about the outside world, but they were so human

I personally have met a man who has spent the bulk of his life, from 1961 onward, living in Papau New Guinea working as a missionary. He learned one of the major languages in his area (there are oodles of languages there) and translated the Bible for them, worked with them to improve water and other resources, teach, etc.

He told about, especially when he first moved there, there was constant tit-for-tat revenge "warfare" between family and tribal groups. One group would kill someone in another group and the second group would retaliate, and on and on. There was also very strong belief in spirits, with the main thrust being that spirits are malicious and active. In teaching of a loving God and His expectations of loving behavior between people, he and the rest of his team gradually reduced the violence and changed the living conditions of the people there.

http://accm.org/prod/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=77

Deborah K
Not to mention BPA in plastics and other assorted toxins we are in contact with everday.

Yep. I think we are bombarded by toxins in our food, air, water, furnishings (like carpeting), etc. Look what Monsanto and Bayer corp. have been allowed to do. This is why it is so important for people to pay close attention to what they eat, drink, and expose themselves and their children to.

paulbot24
Can somebody please post the link to the video? I just get a black screen for some reason.....kind of like what I was just reading in another thread. Trying to keep my tin-foil hat off after reading about youtube "compatibility" issues with "special" videos lately. Thank you in advance.

Deborah K
12-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Can somebody please post the link to the video? I just get a black screen for some reason.....kind of like what I was just reading in another thread. Trying to keep my tin-foil hat off after reading about youtube "compatibility" issues with "special" videos lately. Thank you in advance.

12-16-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm inclined to think it's also that doctors now prescribe these pills like candy and people who in the past would and should have been institutionalized now walk the streets like zombies on these pills.

But in general I do agree that we live in an over medicated society. I deal with this with my mother who has a real problem with pills and hypochondria. I constantly have to get her off the pills. At one point she took so many antibiotics she killed all the natural bacteria in her intestines and was hospitalized for a week because of it.

Odin
12-16-2012, 03:08 PM
I personally have met a man who has spent the bulk of his life, from 1961 onward, living in Papau New Guinea working as a missionary. He learned one of the major languages in his area (there are oodles of languages there) and translated the Bible for them, worked with them to improve water and other resources, teach, etc.

He told about, especially when he first moved there, there was constant tit-for-tat revenge "warfare" between family and tribal groups. One group would kill someone in another group and the second group would retaliate, and on and on. There was also very strong belief in spirits, with the main thrust being that spirits are malicious and active. In teaching of a loving God and His expectations of loving behavior between people, he and the rest of his team gradually reduced the violence and changed the living conditions of the people there.

http://accm.org/prod/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=77

That's interesting, the video I saw was in 1976 and I was only commenting about my observations of that video.

Humans of course are somewhat violent by nature imo, we no doubt have violent instincts which we desire to satisfy. Maybe a consideration should be what violence is motivated by - utility and survival or hatred? See the difference?

Also it's not like we are any less violent than 'savages' - I wonder in how many bars tonight in America some guy will beat the shit out of someone for giving him a bad look.

Deborah K
12-16-2012, 03:10 PM
That's interesting, the video I saw was in 1976 and I was only commenting about my observations of that video.

Humans of course are somewhat violent by nature imo, we no doubt have violent instincts which we desire to satisfy. Maybe a consideration should be what violence is motivated by - utility and survival or hatred? See the difference?

Also it's not like we are any less violent than 'savages' - I wonder in how many bars tonight in America some guy will beat the shit out of someone for giving him a bad look.

This kind of speaks to my theory that hormones play a significant role in our behaviors. Testosterone is a huge factor in aggression. And I also think that sports contribute greatly to channeling natural aggression in a positive way.